• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JW... what do you guys think of a trade like EA, Gentry, Odor, L. Jackson, and one more player for Stanton? They get what they want. Major league talent in return in EA + top prospects.

Gotta keep Odor, throw in Sardinas instead

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would do it though. It would have to. Honestly, if that wouldn't do it I wouldn't want him. We couldnt offer more than that

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JW... what do you guys think of a trade like EA, Gentry, Odor, L. Jackson, and one more player for Stanton? They get what they want. Major league talent in return in EA + top prospects.
If I am the Marlins, I say replace Gentry with Martin and you have a deal. If I'm JD, that's when I hang up

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am the Marlins, I say replace Gentry with Martin and you have a deal. If I'm JD, that's when I hang up

They have tons of OF prospects, they don't even really need Martin, right now, a better swap is Martin for a OFer further down the developmental track

Gallo might be a good swap out with Gentry, you would really probably have their attention then, and there's always the possibility that Gallo sticks at 3B (not likely), which is a minor league position they have a need for

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have tons of OF prospects, they don't even really need Martin, right now, a better swap is Martin for a OFer further down the developmental track

Gallo might be a good swap out with Gentry
If that got the Stanton deal done, I'd say lets roll. An outfield with Stanton and Martin, an infield that included Kinsler, Beltre and Profar, go out and throw a wad of money at McCann to be our catcher this winter, get the pitchers healthy, hello 100 wins

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that got the Stanton deal done, I'd say lets roll. An outfield with Stanton and Martin, an infield that included Kinsler, Beltre and Profar, go out and throw a wad of money at McCann to be our catcher this winter, get the pitchers healthy, hello 100 wins

I would say 93-95 is more likely

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought that if we could somehow pull off a stanton trade, then sign MG, mccann, and ellsbury this offseason we'd be the WS favorites. I highly doubt we can sign ALL of those 3, but ya never know. I mean an outfield with ellsbury and martin would cancel out how bad stanton is defensively. We would be stacked.

Then I say, wake up

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought that if we could somehow pull off a stanton trade, then sign MG, mccann, and ellsbury this offseason we'd be the WS favorites. I highly doubt we can sign ALL of those 3, but ya never know. I mean an outfield with ellsbury and martin would cancel out how bad stanton is defensively. We would be stacked.

Then I say, wake up
Kinsler
Ellsbury
Stanton
Beltre
McCann
AJ(DH)
Mitch
Martin
Profar

Yep, wake up....but it was a Helluva dream

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been confused about the tv deal though, when does it kick in? I mean potentially losing Cruz, MY, Lance, Murphy, and lord knows who else would give us extra cash. But if the tv deal kicks in simultaneously... we could at least make it feasible

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been confused about the tv deal though, when does it kick in? I mean potentially losing Cruz, MY, Lance, Murphy, and lord knows who else would give us extra cash. But if the tv deal kicks in simultaneously... we could at least make it feasible

Well we are still paying young 10 million

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With that being said. Dont firget to update us :)

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we are still paying young 10 million

Not next year right? I mean after this season. MY is a free agent after this year.

I'll try to keep you guys updated. I really try to not "bother" the guy as well. I'll usually text him once in the morning and then once at night unless its a day like the garza trade was. Tomorrow I'm sure I can give you updates, but anything big happening is really really slim. Like less than 5% slim. I think we're gonna try to get pence. If we get someone, I think it'll be him. But on that same note, I'm starting to believe we won't get anyone.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not next year right? I mean after this season. MY is a free agent after this year.

I'll try to keep you guys updated. I really try to not "bother" the guy as well. I'll usually text him once in the morning and then once at night unless its a day like the garza trade was. Tomorrow I'm sure I can give you updates, but anything big happening is really really slim. Like less than 5% slim. I think we're gonna try to get pence. If we get someone, I think it'll be him. But on that same note, I'm starting to believe we won't get anyone.

Yeah sorry i misread the other post. And ok no problem man

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUOTE=terpsfball09;3346066]Not next year right? I mean after this season. MY is a free agent after this year.

I'll try to keep you guys updated. I really try to not "bother" the guy as well. I'll usually text him once in the morning and then once at night unless its a day like the garza trade was. Tomorrow I'm sure I can give you updates, but anything big happening is really really slim. Like less than 5% slim. I think we're gonna try to get pence. If we get someone, I think it'll be him. But on that same note, I'm starting to believe we won't get anyone.[/QUOTE]

Wait so last question. Youre friend is a scout with the rangers? Im forgetting

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then I say, wake up

Stanton is not bad defensively, he's just had a bad year, he's typically regarded as a good defensive OFer along with having a strong arm

I don't know if its pressure, trade talk or injuries, but he doesn't seem very focused this year, in the field or at the plate