• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the Rangers and Phillies were talking about a deal that would bring Michael Young back to Texas..... (Phillies, Rangers talking Michael Young - SweetSpot Blog - ESPN)

If it happened (which is an incredibly slim chance), I guess he would be an upgrade over Berkman at DH and would give another utility player, but i'm not sure how happy Young would be about that...
Who knows, maybe he comes back like Pudge did. It's not really the kind of move the Rangers are looking for, but it would still be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Marlins, Perez and Ross are the first two names I would start with then adding Martin and Profar as the next two the list. Don't really care for Profar much, he is terrible in the infield and strikes out too much but he is young.

lol at this comment from the cbs site

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the Rangers and Phillies were talking about a deal that would bring Michael Young back to Texas..... (Phillies, Rangers talking Michael Young - SweetSpot Blog - ESPN)

If it happened (which is an incredibly slim chance), I guess he would be an upgrade over Berkman at DH and would give another utility player, but i'm not sure how happy Young would be about that...
Who knows, maybe he comes back like Pudge did. It's not really the kind of move the Rangers are looking for, but it would still be cool.
I would love to hear what the Phil's want for Carlos Ruiz.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the Marlins, Perez and Ross are the first two names I would start with then adding Martin and Profar as the next two the list. Don't really care for Profar much, he is terrible in the infield and strikes out too much but he is young.

Profar is terrible in the infield? Just stop talking.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The times I've seen him playing the left side of the infield, he has been effective and has shown flashes of brilliance with some great plays. If he played there consistently, I think you would be impressed. As for his hitting, yeh, been pretty inconsistent there, but I do chalk up some of that to inconsistent starts and the fact he is a baby learning the ropes. Don't know if he'll ever bat .330 every year, but .280 wouldn't be bad...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The times I've seen him playing the left side of the infield, he has been effective and has shown flashes of brilliance with some great plays. If he played there consistently, I think you would be impressed. As for his hitting, yeh, been pretty inconsistent there, but I do chalk up some of that to inconsistent starts and the fact he is a baby learning the ropes. Don't know if he'll ever bat .330 every year, but .280 wouldn't be bad...

Was trying to quote someone

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't me lol I was quoting someone from the cbs site

I know. I just realized how my comment read. It wasn't directed at you, but whoever made the comment.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was trying to quote someone
Gotcha - I see now your comment at the bottom... That would truly be foolish (Im being nice here) to even think about a package being Perez, Ross, Profar and Martin for Stanton...and Miami would be stupid to turn it down if JD deliriously offered it!!!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha - I see now your comment at the bottom... That would truly be foolish (Im being nice here) to even think about a package being Perez, Ross, Profar and Martin for Stanton...and Miami would be stupid to turn it down if JD deliriously offered it!!!

Well to think that they had an offer that marlins really considered. I'm thinking the rangers might be really serious about offering that. But who knows what the offer was.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember after getting cliff lee in 2010 that the rangers offered there top 3 prospects for josh Johnson but marlins said no. Good thing that didnt happen

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember after getting cliff lee in 2010 that the rangers offered there top 3 prospects for josh Johnson but marlins said no. Good thing that didnt happen
Is he pitching today against Houston? Down 7 to 3.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant@Evan_P_Grant [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]361200178990030848[/MEDIA]"]3m[/ame]
As @Ken_Rosenthal reports, Giants willing to listen on Pence, which makes him more realistic for Rangers, could drop Rios asking price, too

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3