• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst 5m
Opinions rolling in on Gonzalez. Heard everything from No. 2-3 starter to dominating reliever to back-of-rotation guy missing 2ndary stuff

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about our pitching staff at the moment. But some people have mentioned holding off making any trades til the offseason and I think I'm on board with this. The hitting market will be as good or better than it has been in years. Sign someone like jacoby ellsbury, and then make a trade this offseason for a big time bat. There's your team right there.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not worried about our pitching staff at the moment. But some people have mentioned holding off making any trades til the offseason and I think I'm on board with this. The hitting market will be as good or better than it has been in years. Sign someone like jacoby ellsbury, and then make a trade this offseason for a big time bat. There's your team right there.
Might as well. Take our chances with what we have and better pitching. Doesn't look we're go far in the post season anyway. Bring in Ellsbury, Nap as a 1B/DH. Keep our powder dry for a big trade. That Atl guy as our catcher.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need an OF anyway, hence JD will probably still go after Rios. Other than that...who knows

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need an OF anyway, hence JD will probably still go after Rios. Other than that...who knows

I don't know why you would want to go ahead and pencil Rios in for next season. The only reason he is being talked about is because the Rangers need a bat today and he could be the best option. But I'm not looking at that as a go ahead and do it because we need him for next year. I would much rather take my chances with better options later on. Not sure JD is even excited about giving anyone up and having to pay that salary for Rios.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you would want to go ahead and pencil Rios in for next season. The only reason he is being talked about is because the Rangers need a bat today and he could be the best option. But I'm not looking at that as a go ahead and do it because we need him for next year. I would much rather take my chances with better options later on. Not sure JD is even excited about giving anyone up and having to pay that salary for Rios.

Rios is not a castoff by any means. Also what if we get outbid we would be left with nothing like last offseason

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 days till the deadline and Mlbtraderumors is dead... Other than miguel gonzalez

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's Bartolo Colon might avoid another suspension - San Jose Mercury News

Pretty much saying they have bigger fish to fry. And i suspect arod will be the serving first

actually, this might be bad for Cruz...this is the second time I've read something like this. Those like Colon and Melky will just argue their time has already been served. It's the guys, ironically that have never failed a test that may end up get suspended this season.
Arod is next, they are saying 2 weeks roughly before his suspension is handed down

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect JD to go out and get a bigger name than those floating around like Rios, although I would be happy with him. Nelly is getting 50 games, you can book that. They gave Braun more than 50 and are about to drop 162 on ARoid. Once they are done with him, they will drop the hammer on all the rest. If we don't make a trade for a bat, and Nelly is suspended for 50, we would need a rotation of Yu, Kershaw, Verlander, King Felix and Price to have a chance to win the West

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect JD to go out and get a bigger name than those floating around like Rios, although I would be happy with him. Nelly is getting 50 games, you can book that. They gave Braun more than 50 and are about to drop 162 on ARoid. Once they are done with him, they will drop the hammer on all the rest. If we don't make a trade for a bat, and Nelly is suspended for 50, we would need a rotation of Yu, Kershaw, Verlander, King Felix and Price to have a chance to win the West

Well Verlander stinks right now except against us and if he is pitching for us then he is in big trouble.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can go out there and get a bigger name but it will be in the off season. The mega deals for big names usually don't seem to happen in the middle of the season.

Our pitching staff is really good. I would say it is a championship level rotation especially if/when Harry comes back and is healthy and pitching well. It hurts to see Nelly get suspended but it will likely happen next season because he's going to appeal it.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once again, there is no recovering from a Nellie suspension, so you might as well suck it up and call it a season at that point

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that the Rangers have continued to ask the Marlins about Giancarlo Stanton, even though the Marlins continue to tell them he isn’t available. The Rangers went so far as to make a four-player offer for Stanton, according to one source, who said the offer was strong enough that the Marlins front office considered it worth pursuing.

Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria, the source said, quickly put an end to any talk of a Stanton trade.

But the Rangers continue to think big, recently sending a scout to watch Edwin Encarnacion and Jose Bautista of the Blue Jays. A deal for either of the two Toronto sluggers was described as unlikely, but the interest shows the level of player the Rangers are looking for.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Encarnacion on this team!!! It would take a kings ransom to get him.

On the Marlins offer, it's got to be Profar and Perez as two of the four, IMO. I would not be in favor of losing Perez, despite his recent sub-par performances

Perez is just going through normal rookie pitcher growing pains. He's gonna be a stud.