• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that we know pence is on the market, what's your offer? Keeping in mind he's a rental whereas rios is not. However, pence may provide greater impact.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that we know pence is on the market, what's your offer? Keeping in mind he's a rental whereas rios is not. However, pence may provide greater impact.

Yes bigger impact but for this year only. Rios makes more sense if we are cutting sling load on Cruz. Let everyone else flock to Pence and pick up Rios cheaper. We have the money why not.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes bigger impact but for this year only. Rios makes more sense if we are cutting sling load on Cruz. Let everyone else flock to Pence and pick up Rios cheaper. We have the money why not.
I like Rios better if we're primarily looking to replace Murphy. But if Cruz is gone we need a bigger bat than either of these guys. Would like to see Rios and Cuddyer if possible.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rios better if we're primarily looking to replace Murphy. But if Cruz is gone we need a bigger bat than either of these guys. Would like to see Rios and Cuddyer if possible.

A valid point but I think that middle of the order bat comes in the off season. Don't know who will be available.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Cruz we may as well hang it up.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Cruz we may as well hang it up.
We're there now if someone doesn't get this team turned around. Good coaches that I played for were always id'ing problems and working to get issues resolved and successful most of the time. In this case to much time has passed and not much change in performance. :L

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we will lose cruz but we willsee

I don't either but people keep bringing up the possible loss of him an what we might do to replace his production. Truth is, if that happens we can't.

We're there now if someone doesn't get this team turned around. Good coaches that I played for were always id'ing problems and working to get issues resolved and successful most of the time. In this case to much time has passed and not much change in performance. :L

I agree. Wash's strength is supposed to be his ability to manage the clubhouse and get the most from his guys. I honestly think they're tired of his rhetoric and tuned him out at this point. We need a new voice.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO TEX does not make a move to finalize Rios until it knows what MLB is going to do about Biogenesis. A Rios acquisition would be a wasted move if MLB plans to suspend everybody this season.

Because of the number of players involved and the impact on the teams in contention ... MLB is unlikely to act or run the risk of teams taking MLB to court if teams are not treated equally. Teams are going to be very slow to make moves going into the deadline until they know what MLB plans to do. IMO.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what happens to Cruz and when we still go for Rios. That will secure the OF for next year. RIOS is becoming more a next year decision as the days and losses go on. Get Rios and then stop. The way we are playing now the division title is slipping fast. The WC is still within reach but those slots all depend on the other teams doing worse than we are. I don't like those odds.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what happens to Cruz and when we still go for Rios. That will secure the OF for next year. RIOS is becoming more a next year decision as the days and losses go on. Get Rios and then stop. The way we are playing now the division title is slipping fast. The WC is still within reach but those slots all depend on the other teams doing worse than we are. I don't like those odds.

Right now I like our odds for wildcard but I rather try for the division obviously

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right now I like our odds for wildcard but I rather try for the division obviously

I don't think Daniels traded away young talent for a rental to get a wildcard. The division is the prize. August and September baseball are all about pitching and defense. To overtake Oakland it isn't about getting another bat and or losing Cruz.
The answer which nobody likes to hear would be to give up prospects and take on 70 million in salary. Cliff Lee, Darvish, Garza, Holland and Harrison/Lewis down the stretch could get it done but I don't think it will happen.
If the Rangers were tied for first it might work but way too risky being maybe 5 out tonite.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per Ken Rosenthal, Rangers possibly dangling Joe Nathan as a trading piece. Very interesting. Soria could be our new closer if that happens, lot of teams needing a closer and Papelbon is the only one out there and he's garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[MEDIA=twitter]361330451861880836[/MEDIA]

Per Ken Rosenthal, Rangers possibly dangling Joe Nathan as a trading piece. Very interesting. Soria could be our new closer if that happens, lot of teams needing a closer and Papelbon is the only one out there and he's garbage.

who is in contention that needs a closer and can part with a bat?
WTF is going on...
Sellers?

Oh my

Last edited by a moderator:

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who is in contention that needs a closer and can part with a bat?
WTF is going on...
Sellers?

Oh my
"According to the report, teams including the Los Angeles Dodgers, Detroit Tigers and Boston Red Sox would all be among those interested in late-inning relief. It is unlikely, however, the Rangers would consider moving Nathan to a fellow AL contender. The Dodgers, with five outfielders, could be a potential match if they were willing to give up somebody like Andre Ethier."

:noidea:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"According to the report, teams including the Los Angeles Dodgers, Detroit Tigers and Boston Red Sox would all be among those interested in late-inning relief. It is unlikely, however, the Rangers would consider moving Nathan to a fellow AL contender. The Dodgers, with five outfielders, could be a potential match if they were willing to give up somebody like Andre Ethier."

WOW
this is a head scratcher....I'm with ya

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the conversations aren't so internal huh?