• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers to battle the Tribe 5-30,31,6-1

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad we put Jared f'ing Hoying into the game for Ryan Rua, who had already homered once today. Substituting a weaker hitter for a better hitter is always the smart play.

I swear, we have about 5-6 players on this team who are just absolutely useless. I can't believe there aren't unemployed journeyman veterans or minor leaguers somewhere who couldn't do better than the likes of Hanser Alberto, Jared Hoying, Luke Jackson, and Alex Claudio.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a surprise.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone remind me again who thought Alberto was the better long-term solution at utility infielder than Adam Rosales?

At least Rosales didn't utterly embarrass himself every time he batted.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we didn't burn any good relievers. Silver linings en sech.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, fellas. Good series.

It's also a great board you've got here. Sure, there are a couple, two-tree regulars that are pretty clearly dripping vaginas, but I guess that's a part of these team threads - to give the vags a place to vag.

Overall, I consider you guys knowledgeable, awesome baseball fans and I wish there were more tribe fans like you.

Thanks for putting up with me for a few days.

Cheers.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think using LuJax and Claudio today is why we lost...I do wish they had been used yesterday, but the offense only scoring 4 runs in 11 innings was pretty bad. We had a very good chance to take the lead a couple of times today and Hoying hit into a FC the first time and popped it up another time...He should only be in for defense in the 9th inning...

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a 7-2 lead going into the 9th last night we wasted Bush and Dyson. If we had let the relievers who pitched tonight close it out last night we may have had Bush and Dyson for the 8th and 9th tonight.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game but Hanser does look like he is using a wet noodle to hit a baseball. Cannot believe how bad he looks at the plate.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think using LuJax and Claudio today is why we lost...I do wish they had been used yesterday, but the offense only scoring 4 runs in 11 innings was pretty bad. We had a very good chance to take the lead a couple of times today and Hoying hit into a FC the first time and popped it up another time...He should only be in for defense in the 9th inning...
My feelings on this subject.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some holes in pen. Wilhelmsen has disappointed, Kela and Tolleson hurt or not useful perhaps overuse a factor. SP has not been going deep in games exhausting what is good. Regardless if they are tanked prior to ASB then there will be an obvious need for reinforcements. Re Prince sure seems a lot of loyalty to him from team regardless of current futility. Read article stating he is blasting it in BP and close to being good. Understand we can't dump due to investment but sure need to change something other than plugging into the 3 hole

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game but Hanser does look like he is using a wet noodle to hit a baseball. Cannot believe how bad he looks at the plate.
You have to think a backup SS will be on the list of things to look for come trade deadline time. Or maybe they just tough it out until August and bring up Profar a little early. I am not certain that they don't plan on keeping Profar up all year though.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some holes in pen. Wilhelmsen has disappointed, Kela and Tolleson hurt or not useful perhaps overuse a factor. SP has not been going deep in games exhausting what is good. Regardless if they are tanked prior to ASB then there will be an obvious need for reinforcements. Re Prince sure seems a lot of loyalty to him from team regardless of current futility. Read article stating he is blasting it in BP and close to being good. Understand we can't dump due to investment but sure need to change something other than plugging into the 3 hole
We could trade Moreland and make Prince the backup 1B and have Gallo and Profar play 1B/DH. Throw Rua into that mix as well. Mitch might fetch a relief pitcher we could use.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to think a backup SS will be on the list of things to look for come trade deadline time. Or maybe they just tough it out until August and bring up Profar a little early. I am not certain that they don't plan on keeping Profar up all year though.

That would be really dumb, we've already jerked him around enough development wise, let him keep the good things going in AAA playing everyday JD