• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers to battle the Tribe 5-30,31,6-1

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think using LuJax and Claudio today is why we lost...I do wish they had been used yesterday, but the offense only scoring 4 runs in 11 innings was pretty bad. We had a very good chance to take the lead a couple of times today and Hoying hit into a FC the first time and popped it up another time...He should only be in for defense in the 9th inning...
Agreed.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be really dumb, we've already jerked him around enough development wise, let him keep the good things going in AAA playing everyday JD
Keep Profar at DH most of the time then. They are our best hitters and we need some more offense on a lot of nights. Moreland and Prince aren't cutting it. Or let Odor DH and Profar play 2B. Whatever it takes to shake up our offense.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Profar at DH most of the time then. They are our best hitters and we need some more offense on a lot of nights. Moreland and Prince aren't cutting it. Or let Odor DH and Profar play 2B. Whatever it takes to shake up our offense.

Agreed but we know they aren't benching Fielder :gaah:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the double header Cordell was 2 for 6 with a double in one game and a triple in the other game. Brinson was 1 for 6 with a double.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but we know they aren't benching Fielder :gaah:
Yeah, I know, but I was just saying what I thought would be the best thing to do. You're right on putting Profar at 1B being a bad idea though. I think I didn't put much thought into that before I typed in out. I am very frustrated at our lineup that Banister keeps trotting out there. I am ready to be done with Moreland and Fielder playing on a regular basis.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish baseball players were just emotionless robots that we could plug and play as we saw fit...stupid human emotion side of it gives us shit like we have this year. It's very easy for us to hate on the stuff Banny is doing, but he has to keep the clubhouse or something...I hate that...Players should just not whine if they suck and get benched.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish baseball players were just emotionless robots that we could plug and play as we saw fit...stupid human emotion side of it gives us shit like we have this year. It's very easy for us to hate on the stuff Banny is doing, but he has to keep the clubhouse or something...I hate that...Players should just not whine if they suck and get benched.
At some point don't the rest of the players have to respect Banny for benching someone who hasn't gotten the job done all year. I mean if this gets to the end of June and he keeps Fielder in there does that gain Banister respect or lose him respect?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point don't the rest of the players have to respect Banny for benching someone who hasn't gotten the job done all year. I mean if this gets to the end of June and he keeps Fielder in there does that gain Banister respect or lose him respect?

It seems players don't really look at it like we do. It's pretty cut and dried to all of us what should be done.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The walks (3.34/9) and HRs (1.74/9) are both at career highs
It is not really surprising that his career highs would come in his first full season as an AL pitcher.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not really surprising that his career highs would come in his first full season as an AL pitcher.

The walks make no sense...we can say the homers are maybe bad luck, but the lack of command...ugh

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems players don't really look at it like we do. It's pretty cut and dried to all of us what should be done.
I wonder how long it would take for them to get over it if the results showed that it clearly benefited the team.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The walks make no sense...we can say the homers are maybe bad luck, but the lack of command...ugh

Facing an additional real hitter probably also has some negative effect on his walk rates just as much as HRs

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The completion of Friday's game will mark the completion of one-third of the season. If Beltre or Mazara get a HR they will be on pace for 30.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad we put Jared f'ing Hoying into the game for Ryan Rua, who had already homered once today. Substituting a weaker hitter for a better hitter is always the smart play.

I swear, we have about 5-6 players on this team who are just absolutely useless. I can't believe there aren't unemployed journeyman veterans or minor leaguers somewhere who couldn't do better than the likes of Hanser Alberto, Jared Hoying, Luke Jackson, and Alex Claudio.

Yes scratching my head at the Hoying move.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another day, another set of Jurickson Profar highlights to make Rangers' decision more difficult | SportsDay

The question remains: How to create playing time for him?

Banister said he thought regular playing time four days a week would probably be necessary to justify keeping Profar in the majors. He could probably find him a start a week at each middle infield position, but appears reluctant to use him at DH or first base. Asked about the possibility of using Profar in the outfield, as the Rangers did some in 2013 (before his shoulder injury), the manager sounded doubtful, but wouldn’t completely rule out the possibility.

“You discuss everything, but you also have to think about a lot of stuff,” Banister said. “You have to weigh where the medical people are at on his arm and what’s important in the short- and long-term. This is still a young kid.”

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone remind me again who thought Alberto was the better long-term solution at utility infielder than Adam Rosales?

At least Rosales didn't utterly embarrass himself every time he batted.

Rosales hit his 3rd HR tonight, not sure Hanser has 3 singles, though I know Rosales has had many more AB's