• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers to battle the Tribe 5-30,31,6-1

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've got Gallo in my keeper league. Wish they'd bring him up or trade him. I can understand why you guys wouldn't, but the Port Ruppert Mundys are more important to me than the Rangers are.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar needs to play everyday and that won't happen here

I agree, thats why I thought this posted yesterday is a bad idea:

Rangers' Jurickson Profar: Could remain with Rangers after Odor's suspension
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
The Rangers are considering keeping Profar on the active roster and using a shortened bullpen once Rougned Odor's suspension ends, Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.

Profar has done well enough since being called up Friday to warrant consideration as a bench player once Odor serves his seven-game suspension, slashing .333/.333/.444 with a triple in 18 at-bats. The Rangers would have an extremely deep and talented middle infield corps if they do keep Profar and Hanser Alberto on the 25-man roster, but the real question will be whether they have the talent to get by with a seven-man bullpen.

and who thinks a shortened BP is a good idea with the managers overuse of guys already?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got Gallo in my keeper league. Wish they'd bring him up or trade him. I can understand why you guys wouldn't, but the Port Ruppert Mundys are more important to me than the Rangers are.

I've also got Cole Hamels and Yu Darvish, so I hope they get 20 Ks a game and win every start.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but...but...but...you're a Rangers girl though right?

Oh I jest Slink, honestly you are a better sport than I would have been, agreeing to the avy bet when the Rangers had game 1 in the bag already.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but...but...but...you're a Rangers girl though right?

cabbage_patch.gif

Oh I jest Slink, honestly you are a better sport than I would have been, agreeing to the avy bet when the Rangers had game 1 in the bag already.

It's just an avi bet and I'm trying to get one for every series. If you get to know me, you'll learn that I don't take much seriously, and I'm virtually un rustleable.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish they'd bring him up or trade him.

No, we're not going to bring him up b/c there's no place for him to play yet.

And HELL NO we ain't gonna trade him....unless of course it's just "too good to turn down" kind of offer.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not.

What's the over/under for when the Mariners finally put the Rangers in the rearview this season?

I don't think the Mariners will be able to sustain their run. It's predicated on winning on the road a lot. I don't see it continuing all season.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Mariners will be able to sustain their run. It's predicated on winning on the road a lot. I don't see it continuing all season.

Well, not that Pythag is the be-all-end-all, but currently the Mariners are under-performing theirs while the Rangers are over-performing theirs.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we're not going to bring him up b/c there's no place for him to play yet.

And HELL NO we ain't gonna trade him....unless of course it's just "too good to turn down" kind of offer.

Yeah, I understand all that but it doesn't do fuckall for The Mundys.

<yells to secretary>

Get me Jon Daniels on the horn. Stat!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, not that Pythag is the be-all-end-all, but currently the Mariners are under-performing theirs while the Rangers are over-performing theirs.

Yeah. We were told all season last year how the Rangers had no chance and houston would pull away and dominate. They told us all spring training how this was the Astros time and how the Rangers were lucky to hold their jocks. I'm not putting too much into those projections for obvious reasons.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. We were told all season last year how the Rangers had no chance and houston would pull away and dominate. They told us all spring training how this was the Astros time and how the Rangers were lucky to hold their jocks. I'm not putting too much into those projections for obvious reasons.

Pythag isn't a projection. It's an estimation of wins based on runs scored and runs allowed. Mariners have scored more runs and allowed fewer than the Rangers have.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pythag isn't a projection. It's an estimation of wins based on runs scored and runs allowed. Mariners have scored more runs and allowed fewer than the Rangers have.

Either way. I like our chances.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definition of projection

pro·jec·tion
prəˈjekSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: projection; plural noun: projections
. an estimate or forecast of a future situation or trend based on a study of present ones.