• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers to battle the Tribe 5-30,31,6-1

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were missing our #1 starting pitcher and had multiple wins blown by an inept closer who now no longer has the job. Our starting RF/lead off hitter has been hurt for most of the season. And Prince Fielder, as bad as he is, can only improve his numbers from here on out.

The Mariners have been getting unsustainable contributions from Leonys Martin, Adam Lind, and a piss-poor closer (who is slowly starting to show his true colors).

And somehow we still lead them by half a game. Barring a total meltdown, I like our chances.

And while we get Yu back, King Felix celebrated so hard he may end up on the DL. Cano can only carry that team so far.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, not that Pythag is the be-all-end-all, but currently the Mariners are under-performing theirs while the Rangers are over-performing theirs.

I'm no expert, but I think we have played tougher teams than the Mariners so far. We've already played the Blue Jays twice, the Pirates, the white sox twice, the Tigers ( in Detroit). The Mariners have played cupcakes like the Twinkies, Padres, and Reds. In fairness, I think the Mariners have played the Red Sox once and we haven't seen them yet.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Bryan Holaday: Hits second homer in Cleveland
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Holaday went 2-for-4 with a two-run homer and two runs scored in Tuesday's 7-3 win over Cleveland.

Just because he usually bats ninth in the batting order, that doesn't mean Holaday isn't a dangerous hitter when he gets playing time. The 28-year-old catcher owns a respectable .451 slugging percentage, and has seven extra-base hits in his last eight appearances. Don't foget about him amid the talented Rangers lineup.

Love what all the catchers including Nicholas brought while Chirinos has been out
Nicholas just hit a granny today for RR

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P
Ha! I considered suggesting that these games you guys are seeing are against the dick-sniffing Rangers and that Clevelanders aren't going to spend money to see that kind of faggotry, but then decided to be uncharacteristically reverent.

Seriously though, I've spent a fair amount of time considering the subject because it does frustrate me.

Folks will say, well, if the Indians won, then people would go to the games.

In 2007, the Indians tied for the best record in baseball. They ranked 21st in overall attendance.

I think the Indians would need a two year run of sustained winning (with playoff berths) before attendance would increase by any meaningful amount.

How much of a crap hole has the downtown area regressed to since the 90s?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicholas just hit a granny today for RR

Wonder what we will do w Brett in the future? Not sure what gives when Chirinos is back and then it doesnt appear there is a spot for this season barring another injury. Is he a future option for the Rangers at catcher or can he bring something in trade, guess we shall see

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what we will do w Brett in the future? Not sure what gives when Chirinos is back and then it doesnt appear there is a spot for this season barring another injury. Is he a future option for the Rangers at catcher or can he bring something in trade, guess we shall see
Knee deep in catchers is rare and we have some fairly good ones. Should bring some nice talent back in trade.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you mean D, because the FW downtown is doing just fine.

Could be. Never been to Fort Worth really, just Dallas, which I personally don't care for. Although Dallas does have a Nobu, which is both notable and perplexing to me.

I'll tell you what I do miss is Coleman, TX. Used to go there once a year to shoot, fish, eat and teach Texans how to drink.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. Never been to Fort Worth really, just Dallas, which I personally don't care for. Although Dallas does have a Nobu, which is both notable and perplexing to me.

I'll tell you what I do miss is Coleman, TX. Used to go there once a year to shoot, fish, eat and teach Texans how to drink.
Coleman. Wow, don't hear that mentioned. I used to live in Abilene.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coleman. Wow, don't hear that mentioned. I used to live in Abilene.

Nice! Yeah, I'd fly into Abilene (home of John Lackey, right?) and then drive to Coleman. Good friend of mine owned a ranch out there. Good people. Good times.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hold onto them, none of them are spring chickens and we have a serious lack of talent at the lower levels

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun. Let's say you have to keep one and trade one. It is between Profar and Odor. Anyone ready to keep Profar at this point?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! Yeah, I'd fly into Abilene (home of John Lackey, right?) and then drive to Coleman. Good friend of mine owned a ranch out there. Good people. Good times.
It is where Lackey is from. Thing I remember best about him is coming off the DL with the Angels and my oldest son and I were at the game and his 1st pitch sails behind Kinsler and they throw him out of the game. And of course Scoscia goes with him. Loved it. Abilene Cooper had some really good teams. But the economy is garbage and glad to have transferred to Flower Mound area.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold onto them, none of them are spring chickens and we have a serious lack of talent at the lower levels
I am sure you remember when we had all these catchers and the next thing you know it all vanished.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for fun. Let's say you have to keep one and trade one. It is between Profar and Odor. Anyone ready to keep Profar at this point?
I don't even want to think about that.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not yet, I'd need more than 5 games in the majors and a quarter of a season in AAA

If he can play to abut 70-80% of what he's shown in his comeback then Profar

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is where Lackey is from. Thing I remember best about him is coming off the DL with the Angels and my oldest son and I were at the game and his 1st pitch sails behind Kinsler and they throw him out of the game. And of course Scoscia goes with him. Loved it. Abilene Cooper had some really good teams. But the economy is garbage and glad to have transferred to Flower Mound area.

My sister graduated from Abilene Cooper in 1987