• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers to battle the Tribe 5-30,31,6-1

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I understand all that but it doesn't do fuckall for The Mundys.

<yells to secretary>

Get me Jon Daniels on the horn. Stat!

Nothing will happen with Gallo b/c the Rangers have a hard pill to swallow with Fielder, and once they do that you might see Gallo taking over 1B and Mitch is gone too

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definition of projection

pro·jec·tion
prəˈjekSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: projection; plural noun: projections
. an estimate or forecast of a future situation or trend based on a study of present ones.

Meh. I'd still say pythag is not projection because it's not a "forecast of a future situation or trend." It's saying what "should" have happened, not what it thinks will.

Regardless, semantics debates don't excite me all that much, so if you don't agree with me, I suggest you either drop the subject or change your mind.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I'd still say pythag is not projection because it's not a "forecast of a future situation or trend." It's saying what "should" have happened, not what it thinks will.

Regardless, semantics debates don't excite me all that much, so if you don't agree with me, I suggest you either drop the subject or change your mind.

That's the definition, take it or leave it... Point is it is a projection, b/c a projection is an estimation, end of discussion

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing will happen with Gallo b/c the Rangers have a hard pill to swallow with Fielder, and once they do that you might see Gallo taking over 1B and Mitch is gone too

Thanks for that insight. Can you also confirm if water is indeed wet?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the definition, take it or leave it... Point is it is a projection, b/c a projection is an estimation, end of discussion

I think you should reread the definition. Maybe slower this time.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can, but I can also tell that you're an idiot, case closed

Says the guy who doesn't understand a definition he posted.

Laughable, son. I've taken watery shits that had more cognitive abilities than you've got.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Marlon Byrd won't be in the lineup tonight... yeesh!

Saw that. 162.

I'm just hoping Joey Bats makes it through the season before getting popped. For steroids, that is. Suppose Odor already popped him another way.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who doesn't understand a definition he posted.

Laughable, son. I've taken watery shits that had more cognitive abilities than you've got.

A projection is an estimate, you're the one that said it wasn't a projection b/c it was an estimation... they are the same thing

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A projection is an estimate, you're the one that said it wasn't a projection b/c it was an estimation... they are the same thing

So, when the dictionary says "an estimate or forecast of a future situation or trend," you can just throw out all that "of a future situation or trend" nonsense?

We can now Occam's Razor words' definitions down to one cherry-picked word that suits are argument? That is good to know. This will make my life much easier.

Seriously, kid, you're out of your depth. Bring your water wings next time.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, when the dictionary says "an estimate or forecast of a future situation or trend," you can just throw out all that of a future situation or trend nonsense? We can now Occam's Razor words' definitions down to one cherry-picked word that suits are argument? That is good to know. This will make my life much easier.

Seriously, kid, you're out of your depth. Bring your water wings next time.

You were the one that screwed up and said a projection was not an estimation.... it is by definition

I never actually claimed pythag was one thing or another

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And before anyone wants to piss and moan about it; YES, I did just use Occam's Razor as a verb.

30wphfo.jpg.gif

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Darvish returning and kicking ass certainly wouldn't hurt the Rangers' real or pythag record, and I hope he does that.
That could be a key. Plus our strength was supposed to be our pen and they bottomed out right out of the gate. A lot of the runs were against what was supposed to be our strength. So we will have to see how that all pans out. But our SP has been phenomenal.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the one that screwed up and said a projection was not an estimation.... it is by definition

Boy, when you get your retard train running, it's full on, damn the torpedoes and all of that, huh?

I never said a projection was not an estimate. I said Pythag is not a projection, that it's an estimation. Right here:

Pythag isn't a projection. It's an estimation of wins based on runs scored and runs allowed...

All estimates are not projections. That's why Meriam-Webster, or whichever dictionary you quoted, decided to put all those extra words about future situations or trends after the word "estimate."

water-wings.jpg

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were missing our #1 starting pitcher and had multiple wins blown by an inept closer who now no longer has the job. Our starting RF/lead off hitter has been hurt for most of the season. And Prince Fielder, as bad as he is, can only improve his numbers from here on out.

The Mariners have been getting unsustainable contributions from Leonys Martin, Adam Lind, and a piss-poor closer (who is slowly starting to show his true colors).

And somehow we still lead them by half a game. Barring a total meltdown, I like our chances.