• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers to battle the Tribe 5-30,31,6-1

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if there is a manager out there that will ever use the bullpen the way we want him to...Until baseball changes with the times, we're gonna see this silly overwork of pitchers.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ausmus keeps trucking Sanchez out to start and Lowe to relieve. I have never thought much of him as a manager.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't be angry at a manager who is winning. The players believe in him. The Rangers are playing good baseball for the most part. I'm enjoying being a Ranger fan right now. There are a lot of teams that would kill to be in the Rangers' situation.

A couple of things...

Is there a statistic for the number of times a batter has hit a ground ball to the 2nd baseman? Fielder has to be leading the league by a mile in that category.

That constant drumming at Indian home games is creepy.
That is a very good reason to be angry w/Banister. He refuses to do something about Fielder. He should not be in the 3 hole playing the part of Mr. Mendoza. Moreland needs some attention as well.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the answer is going to piss most of you off, but the takeaway here is that yes, the media is at least questioning Banister about Fielder.

Rangers Reaction from Tuesday, when the manager talked Profar, Fielder
It does indeed have a "look" as Banister said. It has the "look" of a manager living in the past. It has the 'look" of an organization sticking their heads in the sand.

To me this is no longer about where Fielder should be hitting. It is about why is he even in the lineup. That will especially be true when Choo comes back. I would rather see Rua, Gallo, and Profar playing everyday before Fielder. We have catchers in the organization that I would rather see DHing everyday instead of Fielder.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if there is a manager out there that will ever use the bullpen the way we want him to...Until baseball changes with the times, we're gonna see this silly overwork of pitchers.
What really irks me is that Banny made a huge deal in ST about how he wanted to go easy on our relievers in ST because they were overworked last year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me make it perfectly clear to begin with that I would never want any player to get hurt. What I am about to say is simply to make a point about Fielder's ability at this point. If we had to measure how much it would affect the team for a player to get injured and miss the rest of the year does anyone doubt that in Fielder's case that we would actually win a few more games without him than with him?

By the same token, Kela's injury may be the only thing that causes him to have a fresh arm in September and October. The injury may have saved him from being abused by Banny. As much as we hate to see injuries happen some of them actually have a positive effect.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me make it perfectly clear to begin with that I would never want any player to get hurt. What I am about to say is simply to make a point about Fielder's ability at this point. If we had to measure how much it would affect the team for a player to get injured and miss the rest of the year does anyone doubt that in Fielder's case that we would actually win a few more games without him than with him?

By the same token, Kela's injury may be the only thing that causes him to have a fresh arm in September and October. The injury may have saved him from being abused by Banny. As much as we hate to see injuries happen some of them actually have a positive effect.
I hear ya. Sometimes things work out better that way although who would have known it was to be. As for Fielder, we can't know for certain but I really believe his absence in the line up would indeed benefit the team.
Of course he may turn around and make me look like a fool but that is to be seen. Hope to be wrong.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is absolutely no logic to this mystery.

At the very minimum, Banister needs to sit Prince for a few days to a week. Let him watch some awful vid of his at bats and hit the cages. This is basic stuff and what Boston's coaching staff did with Poppy a couple of years back and helped him come back to form. Again, a basic approach most managers use but Banister is not doing.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very minimum, Banister needs to sit Prince for a few days to a week. Let him watch some awful vid of his at bats and hit the cages. This is basic stuff and what Boston's coaching staff did with Poppy a couple of years back and helped him come back to form. Again, a basic approach most managers use but Banister is not doing.
He can't even sit him when we play in a NL park. He sits Moreland instead. I don't quite get the love affair.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to say it, this Fielder crap is quickly becoming worse then Wash sticking with Murphy the whole year because Murph was one of " his guys".