• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Royally receive Kansas City for four 7/28-7/31

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing aging players to ridiculous contracts? I don't recall anyone here wanting to do that with anyone. AFAIK, Beltre is the only suggestion I've seen anyone make that made me sort of cringe. And that was something like 3 years, 17 per year. Which isn't THAT ludicrous.

The lack of farm system is what I speak of

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem as I see it is everyone wants Profar Gallo and/or Mazara. Can't blame them but which are expendable? Seems to me we are wanting more the we need. Three aces is nice but #3/4 will protect our future and not break the bank. Darvish,Hamels,Volquez or Moore, Lewis,
Holland Griffin

That is why Lucroy makes most sense if price is right. Makes the Alfaro trade palatable. Get one more reliever and/or lower tier pitcher. To me this makes sense

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why Lucroy makes most sense if price is right. Makes the Alfaro trade palatable. Get one more reliever and/or lower tier pitcher. To me this makes sense
The price is almost always not right for a player like him though.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of farm system is what I speak of
I don't see anyone advocating getting rid of our entire farm system, or if they did I missed it. I just am of the mindset that if the right deal presents itself, you should never be afraid to part with a top prospect or two because the list of failed "top prospects" is a mile long.

Also, the Angels not having a good farm system right now comes from years of poor drafting and talent evaluation. Other than Mike Trout, they haven't developed or drafted any homegrown studs in a long time. Plus, they held on to the prospects they should have traded- McPherson, Wood, Kotchman, and Mathis. Most of the current Angels team was acquired via free agent signings and not by expensive trades.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW. A bit scared of torque Sale provides on pitches. I would hate to see this lead to injury if we rolled the dice on him

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price is almost always not right for a player like him though.

Maybe it will come down the last day to make it palatable.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guessing he is in lineup tonight unless it was a split decision

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the question.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to part with Mazara. No use getting an arm if we have to give up a starting hitter.
Mazara is an absolute deal-breaker for me. Profar, Gallo, Brinson...ok, maybe.

But Mazara is already in my mind a proven commodity and has shown that he's got a floor of .280 with 20 HR's.

There isn't a single player rumored to be available who I would give up Mazara for.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Mazara is already in my mind a proven commodity and has shown that he's got a floor of .280 with 20 HR's.

There isn't a single player rumored to be available who I would give up Mazara for.

agree with you

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me it is way too early to think that much more of Mazara than some of the other guys. He just had the most early success. To me between him, Gallo, Brinson and Profar there is no way to know which will be the better player and what order they will prove to be ranked three years from now.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tolleson is finally getting sent to AAA.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it is way too early to think that much more of Mazara than some of the other guys. He just had the most early success. To me between him, Gallo, Brinson and Profar there is no way to know which will be the better player and what order they will prove to be ranked three years from now.
Exactly

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no way to know which will be the better player and what order they will prove to be ranked three years from now.
this is true and why I'd look at their overall make up...temperament and ability to adjust during hard times and how likely the player gets all caught up in himself when times are good. Who's the most grounded for the up's & downs of a major league season. This is why at this time, no way I part with Mazara.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The multiple ace theory employed most recently by the Phillies and Dodgers led to no WS titles. In fact I don't think either team even got to an LCS using a rotation with multiple TORPs.

I think the Rangers continue to explore the Sale deal because he is cost controlled and I personally believe they do not expect Yu Darvish to re-sign here after next season.

Having said that, I'm not moving Mazara for anyone at this point not named Kershaw or Fernandez.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is true that Profar or Gallo might be eventually better than Mazara, I value Mazara more because we know he is legit since he's already proven it for the better part of a season at the ML level. I would rather bet on the known commodity than the unknown. And that's what you're doing, essentially, when deciding on which prospects to trade and which to keep. Give me the guy already hitting bombs at a .280 clip over the guy who might or might not be better than that one day.