• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Royally receive Kansas City for four 7/28-7/31

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The multiple ace theory employed most recently by the Phillies and Dodgers led to no WS titles. In fact I don't think either team even got to an LCS using a rotation with multiple TORPs.

PHI had Halladay/Lee/Hamels and didn't get to the CS.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this debate and trade/not trade talk really boils down to one simple question:

Do you think the Rangers are legitimate (meaning top 4) World Series Champion contenders with the addition of the right 1-2 more pieces?

If yes, then you trust your scouts to pick the right players and roll the dice with a big move or two. Truly legitimate World Series chances don't come around that often, so you owe it to yourself to go all-in when the chance is there (especially for a franchise that has never won it).

If no, then you mostly stand pat (maybe another minor Harrell-like move) and see if the team can get hot/lucky at the right time.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The multiple ace theory employed most recently by the Phillies and Dodgers led to no WS titles. In fact I don't think either team even got to an LCS using a rotation with multiple TORPs.

I think the Rangers continue to explore the Sale deal because he is cost controlled and I personally believe they do not expect Yu Darvish to re-sign here after next season.

Having said that, I'm not moving Mazara for anyone at this point not named Kershaw or Fernandez.

San fran giants won with lincecum, mad bum, cain ( when he was a legit 2 atleast or better)

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not a reason not to add another ace IMO

Didn't intend for it to be one. But it is interesting to note that there isn't a very strong recent history of kickass rotations translating into postseason success.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't intend for it to be one. But it is interesting to note that there isn't a very strong recent history of kickass rotations translating into postseason success.

That maybe true but you need more than starters to win. You need to score runs too

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is true that Profar or Gallo might be eventually better than Mazara, I value Mazara more because we know he is legit since he's already proven it for the better part of a season at the ML level. I would rather bet on the known commodity than the unknown. And that's what you're doing, essentially, when deciding on which prospects to trade and which to keep. Give me the guy already hitting bombs at a .280 clip over the guy who might or might not be better than that one day.
I can understand that line of thinking. I just hope our front office doesn't see it that way and I really don't think they do.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that line of thinking. I just hope our front office doesn't see it that way and I really don't think they do.
I actually think they do because according to all reports out there, JD was willing to trade Profar and Gallo to get Sale, but talks broke down when the White Sox demanded Mazara.

Of course those reports could all be inaccurate as they often are. I guess we might find out here soon enough just how JD feels about our prospects and which ones rank as untouchable.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line...WS Championship is why they play and any combination of prospects makes it worth it

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's a question: if there are no more moves, are we pissed at JD?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyone advocating getting rid of our entire farm system, or if they did I missed it. I just am of the mindset that if the right deal presents itself, you should never be afraid to part with a top prospect or two because the list of failed "top prospects" is a mile long.

The graveyard of failed "prospects" is long. I'm with ya all the way, mindset wise.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line...WS Championship is why they play and any combination of prospects makes it worth it

But you just got through saying, "no way I part with Mazara."

I'm with you re: the WS part. Had we won one when we should have, I wouldn't be so starved for one now though. But let's get ONE and get that monkey off our backs.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The graveyard of failed "prospects" is long. I'm with ya all the way, mindset wise.
Who will take the place of :
Mazara- Rua/DDJ
Profar- Alberto
Gallo- ???
If we can replace and not lose quality play yes go for it but.......

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will take the place of :
Mazara- Rua/DDJ
Profar- Alberto
Gallo- ???
If we can replace and not lose quality play yes go for it but.......

I don't want to give any of them up. But to get quality, sometimes you have to give up quality in the process.

And I'm more in Will's camp that Mazara would take a lot at this point. He's shown he can produce at the ML level and the sample size is pretty large.

Who replaces who is yet to be seen. But if the White Sox are willing to move Sale, then two of the 3 you mentioned are open game IMO. All 3 is out-of-the-question as far I'm concerned. But I'd be fine with Mazara & Gallo, and our 2nd/3rd ranked pitcher in the minors.