• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Play Three Games in Washington Prior to the All Star Break July 7-9

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer Howard has given up 3 solo HR in the first 2 innings.

The fact that he is even in the organization tells the story of a total fucking clown show

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure AF hope the first draft pick for the Rangers is not a pitcher because whomever it was would be out of baseball in 5 years. As a matter of fact the Rangers should probably never draft pitching again. Just draft bats and sign FA's or trade for pitching.

Wouldn't mind shipping Leiter in a trade if he can still fetch you anything

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure AF hope the first draft pick for the Rangers is not a pitcher because whomever it was would be out of baseball in 5 years. As a matter of fact the Rangers should probably never draft pitching again. Just draft bats and sign FA's or trade for pitching.

Funny I was running a trade scenario thru my head for McCutcheon (before his Il stint) and Bednar and It included Leiter

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I was running a trade scenario thru my head for McCutcheon (before his Il stint) and Bednar and It included Leiter

I don't really think I am interested in Cutch.....

Bednar took loss today giving up e couple unearned runs.....

There just isn't a whole handful of lockdown closers that throw gas and can get strikeouts. Not even sure if more than a couple solid closers might even be available

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think I am interested in Cutch.....

Bednar took loss today giving up e couple unearned runs.....

There just isn't a whole handful of lockdown closers that throw gas and can get strikeouts. Not even sure if more than a couple solid closers might even be available
Cutch is better than what we’ve got and Bednar along with Smith and Chapman would be really solid

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutch is better than what we’ve got and Bednar along with Smith and Chapman would be really solid

Jankowski doesnt have the HR"s that McCutchen has (10) but his production in about half the AB's is on par and he is probably more versatile and can steal more bases than Andrew. I just dont see him as much of an upgrade unless we are talking about over Josh Smith and I certainly dont see him as an upgrade with the bat over Duran. Sure he would be better than Duran in the OF.

I agree Bedna would be better than most we have but he may not be much better than Chapman is at this point except that maybe he could go more than 1 inning if absolutely necessary. I just wouldn't want to gibe up a whole bunch for him. May be just as good to go after 2 guys that are stingy butt not necessarily closer types, so you dont have to give up top 10 draft picks for them

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jankowski doesnt have the HR"s that McCutchen has (10) but his production in about half the AB's is on par and he is probably more versatile and can steal more bases than Andrew. I just dont see him as much of an upgrade unless we are talking about over Josh Smith and I certainly dont see him as an upgrade with the bat over Duran. Sure he would be better than Duran in the OF.

I agree Bedna would be better than most we have but he may not be much better than Chapman is at this point except that maybe he could go more than 1 inning if absolutely necessary. I just wouldn't want to gibe up a whole bunch for him. May be just as good to go after 2 guys that are stingy butt not necessarily closer types, so you dont have to give up top 10 draft picks for them
Still like the idea of Cutch but you are right about Jankowski.

As far as Bednar is concerned my point was how he, Chapman and Smith would be a very strong 8th and 9th innings combo. Plus there aren’t that many stingy not necessarily closer types available

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We simply don't develop pitching like other organizations do. The Leiter and ESPECIALLY the Rocker picks just don't make sense for an organization that is well known for horrible minor league pitching development.

Why are we so inept at this part of baseball? Who really knows but facts are facts.

Just know that Leiter will flourish most likely on another club. That's usually how it works.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We simply don't develop pitching like other organizations do. The Leiter and ESPECIALLY the Rocker picks just don't make sense for an organization that is well known for horrible minor league pitching development.

Why are we so inept at this part of baseball? Who really knows but facts are facts.

Just know that Leiter will flourish most likely on another club. That's usually how it works.
Tampa Bay is incredible at it and I really not sure why. Even if it is a mediocre pitcher that they pick up they develop them into being decent pitchers.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Background on Grant A.

With SP at a premium thinking he might be our new long guy

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like our first priority is pitching as it should be but we seem to be forgetting RISP lack of. Failure to hit with RISP has cost us games when pitching has not always been bad. Semien is not helping and neither is Lowe. Hopefully Grossman will sit for awhile. Imo a shake up is needed at # 1&3 holes. Drop Semien down and see if he can start hitting again and let Leody or Duran LO. May not help but can't hurt to try.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like our first priority is pitching as it should be but we seem to be forgetting RISP lack of. Failure to hit with RISP has cost us games when pitching has not always been bad. Semien is not helping and neither is Lowe. Hopefully Grossman will sit for awhile. Imo a shake up is needed at # 1&3 holes. Drop Semien down and see if he can start hitting again and let Leody or Duran LO. May not help but can't hurt to try.
Like moving Leody to lead off leave Seager in #2 position and temporarily move Semien to #3 with Garcia at #4 and Jung at #5 and Heim at #6. Lowe at #7, Duran at #8 and new LF/DH thru trade or stick with Jankowski at #9

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to seriously adding 2 starters, not just bodies but above average that we’ll have for 1 or 2 seasons beyond 2023. DeGrom will not be back until around September 2024 we going to need them

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to seriously adding 2 starters, not just bodies but above average that we’ll have for 1 or 2 seasons beyond 2023. DeGrom will not be back until around September 2024 we going to need them
Truth is we need a lot. Bats sp rp and closer.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is we need a lot. Bats sp rp and closer.
We actually have what amounts to 2 closers now in Chapman and Smith so add another good reliever not necessarily a closer. 2 Sp seems to be the biggest needs with Perez and Heaney failing. A reshuffling of the batting order might solve out other problem because aren’t going to bench Semien and Lowe no matter what we want

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan writing is talking about the Rangers acquiring Cody Bellinger but I don’t see us doing it

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting assessments. They low ball Carters ceiling and are big in Walcott and a catcher I have not read much on J Lopez

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won’t get to watch the game unless you have peacock