• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Twins for Three Games September 1-3

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is a disgrace. Most of the guys batting don’t have plate
discipline. They swing at too many first pitches. You can see they lack patience. How in the hell did this team score so many runs for about 4 months and albeit with Seager missing 30 plus games?
We are talking about a dramatic drop off here.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole team sucks I don’t know of a single manager who’s ever managed that could deal with this abortion
Not true. The rotation has been outstanding, and Seager has been excellent as well.

And Bochy has sabotaged at least 3 separate games where the team finally played well enough to win, and his inexplicable senile decisions cost them wins.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this free agent is one we should acquire.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very odd to see people upset that Bochy pulled Max. That's not the reason this team can't hit. 1 run wasn't going to win this game no matter what.
Yep. As bad as the bullpen has been, this offense is essentially Semien, Seager and a bunch of nothing.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am telling you they have to go out and get 5 quality relievers in the offseason, either free agents or via trade. Anything less is gross negligence.

Never going to happen......it's year in and year out the same f'ing thing. The terrible bullpen last year led them to go out and spend a ton of money on SP and do nothing to the BP.

I yelled all off-season that it was dumb to go out and get all the potential SP's they signed and not sign Matt Moore and some others to improve the bullpen. Instead they let Moore go and then did nothing and let a shitty ass bullpen become even shittier.

Then when they knew from May on, that the bullpen sucked, they went and got Chapman and two more starters and still did nothing to improve the pitching late in games. If they thought Perez was going to be the answer to the end of games when he wasn't good in a game all year, until after he gave up 3 runs, they clearly are idiots.

They screwed up in the offseason and when they had a chance to fix it mid season, they still didnt and they won't next offseason.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very odd to see people upset that Bochy pulled Max. That's not the reason this team can't hit. 1 run wasn't going to win this game no matter what.
It’s not odd at all. A manager’s job is to put his team in the best position to win. Period. Going to the worst bullpen in baseball a full inning early is not a recipe for success. What the lineup does is an entirely different situation.

Or do you honestly think the manager should just say “well, we can’t hit, so I guess I can do whatever I want with the pitching?”

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. As bad as the bullpen has been, this offense is essentially Semien, Seager and a bunch of nothing.

Just Seager really.....every single one of the rest are way too inconsistent

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy had a 1-0 lead. He had no way of knowing whether his offense would score more or not.

But he should have known that going to his pen a full inning early would only hurt their chances to win.

And that’s the problem. It’s not the end result of them not scoring more. It’s the decision he made in the moment when he had the lead.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. The rotation has been outstanding, and Seager has been excellent as well.

And Bochy has sabotaged at least 3 separate games where the team finally played well enough to win, and his inexplicable senile decisions cost them wins.

Bochy has been terrible....he is as bad or worse than Ron Washington

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy had a 1-0 lead. He had no way of knowing whether his offense would score more or not.

But he should have known that going to his pen a full inning early would only hurt their chances to win.

And that’s the problem. It’s not the end result of them not scoring more. It’s the decision he made in the moment when he had the lead.
I guess we’ll just let the starters go nine then… right?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the manager choses to go to a guy that gives up at least 1 run every time he is brought in, to pitch in a one rune game, he's not giving the team the best chance to win. He could hav gotten 2 more innings out of Scherzer possibly. Just an asinine move

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we’ll just let the starters go nine then… right?
Tell me, which of these is a better recipe for success:

a) Having our bullpen protect a 1-run lead for 3 innings

b) Having our bullpen protect a 1-run lead for 1 inning

Which has a better chance of happening, Burke, Sborz and Chapman all pitching shutout innings, or just Chapman?

I never said all 9 innings. The bullpen is garbage. We need to use them as little as humanly possible. Going to them with Scherzer at 88 pitches was not smart. Unless he was fatigued or hurt, he had no reason to exit the game.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me, which of these is a better recipe for success:

a) Having our bullpen protect a 1-run lead for 3 innings

b) Having our bullpen protect a 1-run lead for 1 inning

Which has a better chance of happening, Burke, Sborz and Chapman all pitching shutout innings, or just Chapman?

I never said all 9 innings. The bullpen is garbage. We need to use them as little as humanly possible. Going to them with Scherzer at 88 pitches was not smart. Unless he was fatigued or hurt, he had no reason to exit the game.
As we’ve seen over the past 2 weeks, counting on THIS bullpen for even an inning is fools gold. If they don’t start scoring some damn runs, it isn’t going to matter what kind of shit the manager is forced to choose from in the pen.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It comes down to no bullpen and other than Seager no consistency from the offense Dusty Baker couldn’t win with this team. Which is why we need Bellinger and Ohtani and 8 free agent relievers this offseason

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who the mgr is the players have to play and ours are not.
A manager can’t win a game, but he can definitely contribute to a loss if he puts bad players in key situations.

If our manager benched Seager every game, had Josh Smith hitting cleanup every night, and exclusively used Jonathan Hernandez as our closer every night, would you still say it’s just the players’ fault? Or would you agree the manager contributed to the losses?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the dumbass manager cant see that the lineup needs to be shaken up and Adolis should not be batting 4th ever, is a testament to his ineptness

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A manager can’t win a game, but he can definitely contribute to a loss if he puts bad players in key situations.

If our manager benched Seager every game, had Josh Smith hitting cleanup every night, and exclusively used Jonathan Hernandez as our closer every night, would you still say it’s just the players’ fault? Or would you agree the manager contributed to the losses?
Of course but I'm talking about the best line up he has. Like tonight they can't score.