• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Twins for Three Games September 1-3

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you keep bringing up the lack of talent on this team as an excuse for Bochy’s actions.

We’re all WELL aware of the limitations this roster has. The lineup can’t hit. The bullpen can’t pitch.

As manager, it is your job to put your team in the best position to win with the talent you do have. So if your bullpen sucks like ours does, the best thing you can do is LIMIT THE EXPOSURE to them!! If Scherzer was at 105 pitches and gassed, then sure, lift him. You have to. But if he’s at 88 pitches with at least 1-2 more innings left in him, you have to avoid that bullpen like the plague.

You HAVE to manage to what strengths your team does have. Because this team does have so few useable guys right now, the margin for error is slim.

And notice I never said Bochy was solely to blame. The players aren’t doing their part either. But Bochy is taking an awful situation and making it even worse.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course but I'm talking about the best line up he has. Like tonight they can't score.
Again, I never said Bochy was to blame for their woeful and pathetic offense. He can’t hit for the players. He put the best lineup he could out there. That’s fine.

He did not solely lose the game for them. At all. But win or lose, it’s problematic if the manager is making decisions that are hurting your team’s chances.

There seems to be this attitude around here that because our hitting sucks and our bullpen sucks that it doesn’t matter what Bochy does. And that is 100% false. Those things are not mutually exclusive.

If we have a manager who makes poor decisions, he will continue to hurt our chances when we do finally break out of the slump or bring in better players in the coming seasons.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the dumbass manager cant see that the lineup needs to be shaken up and Adolis should not be batting 4th ever, is a testament to his ineptness
I would agree that at a minimum Garcia needs to drop in the line up. Problem is who do you move into the 4 spot? No one is showing they belong there.

This lineup really, really misses Jung.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really are one of the worst teams in baseball. And yes Bochy is not the answer. But when you really only have one star position player and you have the worst bullpen in all of baseball, I'm not sure what any manager could do.

Montgomery is not coming back and Scherzer may not either. Why would you? This team is terrible and it's actually getting worse. 3 hits? Off some nobody pitcher?

Man I can't believe how far they have fallen. It's epic really.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really are one of the worst teams in baseball. And yes Bochy is not the answer. But when you really only have one star position player and you have the worst bullpen in all of baseball, I'm not sure what any manager could do.

Montgomery is not coming back and Scherzer may not either. Why would you? This team is terrible and it's actually getting worse. 3 hits? Off some nobody pitcher?

Scherzer is under contract for 2024.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have no offense and no BP then the greatest pitcher in MLB has little chance of a win and that is the bottom line.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scherzer has already opted in to another year.

And Bochy is definitely limited in what he can do. I’m not pretending he’s got an easy job with some of his trash options. But he’s taking a very bad situation and pouring gasoline all over it.

People keep asking who he’s supposed to choose from the bullpen. The answer is- avoid the bullpen as long as possible. Also, quit making life harder on terrible pitchers by intentionally walking people. They already struggle enough as it is! Don’t put men on base and ask them to convert. They suck.

If Bochy were to use his starters deeper into games WHEN POSSIBLE and then put in the statistically best relievers, and then they blew it anyway, then he would be 100% blame-free.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have no offense and no BP then the greatest pitcher in MLB has little chance of a win and that is the bottom line.
Precisely. My whole point is that we have a VERY small chance to win with our awful lineup and bullpen. It’s like 10-20% max these days. But Bochy is taking that percentage and lowering it even further.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely. My whole point is that we have a VERY small chance to win with our awful lineup and bullpen. It’s like 10-20% max these days. But Bochy is taking that percentage and lowering it even further.
We are in agreement.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in agreement.
You and I and some others are. But a few here seem to think that because our players suck it doesn’t matter if our manager is making wins even harder to come by than they already are with his decisions.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I and some others are. But a few here seem to think that because our players suck it doesn’t matter if our manager is making wins even harder to come by than they already are with his decisions.
I said earlier that tomorrow never comes. That is why Max should have stayed in longer. Winning tonight was the most important game we had so you must make all the right moves. No one could know what would happen if he had pitched the 7th but it would have been the right call.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly Bochy has to shoulder some of the blame for the bullpen. Just like Woodward last couple of years. Both mismanage the BP. No argument there.

But the offense is on the players. We are the worst fastball hitting team in all of mlb. Worst K rate on fastballs. How is that even possible after scoring so many runs the first half of the season? Scouting. That's how.

We are getting shut down by nobodies because every mlb pitcher can throw a fastball. And nobody but Seager can hit one for Texas.

yardimatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty sick and tired of Bochy pulling starters that are pitching effectively and aren’t even near 100 pitches for all the reasons WilltheThrill is mentioning. This team has become unwatchable lately. I just can’t watch the 2022 offense all over again. I’ll tune back in if the start scoring runs and/or get into the playoffs.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Scherzer said he wasn't sure he could have pitched the seventh inning. He said he isn't hurt, but he is pitching with some amount of forearm tightness he doesn't want to see turn into a strain. #Rangers. Via Jeff Wilson

Guess this is why Bochy pulled him

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Scherzer said he wasn't sure he could have pitched the seventh inning. He said he isn't hurt, but he is pitching with some amount of forearm tightness he doesn't want to see turn into a strain. #Rangers. Via Jeff Wilson

Guess this is why Bochy pulled him
If so, good reason

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so, good reason
Missed the gene except some of it via radio. Saw Biochy post game. He will never throw players only. Just said Scherzer had done his job and pen needed to throw better pitches

May have to use most reliable pitchers even Marteen and Bradford in late inning high leverage because pen has been so unreliable

Desperate times

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah 1-0 won’t win many games. Offense has to do better. Have to think they are feeling the pressure