• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Rays For Three Games July 5-7

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Rangers team will show up for this serie?. Most importantly, which Rangers offense will show up?

Probable starting pitchers for the Rangers vs. Tampa Bay this weekend:

Friday: Michael Lorenzen
Saturday: Andrew Heaney
Sunday: Nathan Eovaldi

The Rays are 7-3 in their last 10 games and the Rangers are 2-8 in theor last 10 games.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Feinsand has an article on MLB.com today with a list of 16 trade candidates whose stock is rising. Included are 2 Rangers, Yates and Urena.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Rangers team will show up for this serie?. Most importantly, which Rangers offense will show up?

Probable starting pitchers for the Rangers vs. Tampa Bay this weekend:

Friday: Michael Lorenzen
Saturday: Andrew Heaney
Sunday: Nathan Eovaldi

The Rays are 7-3 in their last 10 games and the Rangers are 2-8 in theor last 10 games.
Do we really have an offense or a bunch of quitters that get lucky occasionly. Very difficult to believe that pro baseball players can fall off the wagon and all at one time less Smith and Seager. These are world champions acting like they forgot who they are. Still and always remain loyal fan but also irritated.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do we really have an offense or a bunch of quitters that get lucky occasionly. Very difficult to believe that pro baseball players can fall off the wagon and all at one time less Smith and Seager. These are world champions acting like they forgot who they are. Still and always remain loyal fan but also irritated.
Same here. I thought this team was going to be better with Langford and Carter the whole year.
Wyatt certainly looks like an emerging star, but unfortunately the injury to Carter has been a factor.
I love the team but at times it looks like they are lethargic.
Semian and Garcia have really stymied the offense. Heim, Tavares and Lowe to a lesser extent..

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest MLB Pipeline mock draft has the Rangers selecting catcher, Walker Janek from Sam Houston State.

The following is from their prospect ranking

After drawing little interest from pro teams or major college programs as a Texas high schooler, Janek has developed into arguably the 2024 Draft's best catching prospect after three years at Sam Houston. His stock surged at the 2023 Karbach Classic, where he went 5-for-13 with a pair of doubles, squared up a 97-mph fastball from Louisiana State's Chase Shores and backpicked a runner. He continued to impress in the Cape Cod League last summer and played his way into first-round consideration this spring while winning the Buster Posey Award as college baseball's top catcher.

With impressive bat speed and good strength, Janek creates plus raw power that translates into average game pop with most of his home runs driven to his pull side. While he's an aggressive right-handed hitter who looks to launch balls and frequently chases pitches out of the strike zone, he's showing more patience and doing a better job of using the entire field in 2024. Though he has below-average speed, he runs better than most catchers and will steal bases if opponents don't keep him honest.

Conference USA's 2024 Defensive Player of the Year, Janek is agile behind the plate and does a nice job framing pitches. He can get lackadaisical with his receiving, which grades as merely average until he cleans it up. He controls the running game with his plus arm strength and quick release.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I thought this team was going to be better with Langford and Carter the whole year.
Wyatt certainly looks like an emerging star, but unfortunately the injury to Carter has been a factor.
I love the team but at times it looks like they are lethargic.
Semian and Garcia have really stymied the offense. Heim, Tavares and Lowe to a lesser extent..
Carter and Jung are two mainstay players that may not perform like they did due to the type of injury incurred. Time will tell. deGrom is an example how long it can take to regain full strength. We hope they will but we have to wait and see. I know that Semien and Garcia have not been the same since their collision. Lowe received good news concerning the health of his mother. Could be why he has suddenly picked up the pace.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any way we can get Mason Miller we need to do it. Doesn’t matter if we are contenders. This is for the future. Because if we don't some contender will and we may never have that chance again.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that they were satisfied with the World Series championship last season and didn’t feel like they needed to put much effort this season. Never seen a team go this bad before.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that they were satisfied with the World Series championship last season and didn’t feel like they needed to put much effort this season. Never seen a team go this bad before.
It pisses me off, but I’m getting the same vibes.

I hope they come out hungry again in 2025. I’m sick of watching the Astros go deep into the playoffs. Those fuckers have been to 7 straight ALCS.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any way we can get Mason Miller we need to do it. Doesn’t matter if we are contenders. This is for the future. Because if we don't some contender will and we may never have that chance again.
I don't mind trading for him, but I think he will stay put this season. I think the asking price will be too high for any team.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind trading for him, but I think he will stay put this season. I think the asking price will be too high for any team.
If he stays put then I am fine because knowing Oakland they won't keep him long. It's not in their nature so we still would have an opportunity to trade for him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For long term success this team has to hold on to it's pitchers and build a mostly homegrown staff. We need to never have close to this many free agent starting pitchers on staff any longer. That means going with both Bradford and Dunning next season.

That also means holding on to prospect pitchers. I am not talking about holding on to guys like Winn and White, but other guys who have not been around as long and who continue to impress.

It may mean changing strategies when it comes to protecting from Rule 5.

At tne end of thos month, bring in some guys via trades that can either help us in the next couple of years or who can be flipped for those who can.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, Garcia is going to get hot again. If he does, that may ne the best time to trade him, if the timing works out. The same is true for Lowe, presently.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Need to lock down innings 5-7 in relief will be CY’s job this winter. He finally figured out how to lock down with Robertson and Yates at the end of games.

He’s not responsible for the lack luster hitting but he is for middle relief. The 7th inning relief has Killed this team.