• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host The Cardinals May 17-19

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the terrible throw Bader

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiner or Calhoun could of played there. The point I was trying to make is, they don't give Odor days off. No matter how bad he plays. He played in every game two years ago and was rated the worst position player in the league. He sucked then and he sucks this year.

IKf is your backup catcher, so he's on the bench regardless

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game. Glad to get the win.

Always feels good to beat those douchebags because of the history between us. I’m glad Bader is leaving town, that guy really wore our pitching staff out.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old school way of handling yourself with 2 strikes

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeClerc is on, I want him facing their best hitters

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old school way of handling yourself with 2 strikes

Gotta give the kid his due, he’s playing way better than I thought he would. I wish we could find a way to move Choo and his contract to make room for him.

Choo has played great this year tho.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give the kid his due, he’s playing way better than I thought he would. I wish we could find a way to move Choo and his contract to make room for him.

Choo has played great this year tho.

This is what is tough re a rebuild. You have an obligation to play the best players on the roster. Choo although overpaid is one of re best hitters in AL. You want to give young guys ABs who are considered part of the future.

Re. Earlier post...DDJ has superior routes than Santana but he held present team down as a hole in the lineup. So in essence we gave up on his development for the present to go with Santana who has no real future in CF or am I wrong about this. Will be interesting if they even offer him a contract next year.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but he's never been the teams first choice to play there wherever he's been. He takes bad routes and forgets about the cutoff man, infield is more natural to him so leave him there.
In think the going conversation here has been what happens when Elvis gets back. Santana has no options. Would he be a better fit for the line up given DD can’t hit a mid 90s fastball. Do we take a risk in defense with Santana in CF or try to trade him? Or find a new zip code for DD.

If we find a new zip code for DD and make Gallo everyday CF and use Santana to give infielders a days rest is another option.

Edit: whoops DD is does have a new zip code. My apologies

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask yourself why is DD in the Minors and Santana with the Rangers when DD has more tools/upside than Santana?

And you won't get there without the right mindset in the clubhouse and on the field.
DeShields is in the minors because, for the most part, he has proven to be a very poor MLB hitter, and therefore it does not look like he will be a significant part of any future championship.

It is way too early to know who will be a part of any mindset that our future championship contending teams will need. Many players from those teams are not on this present team.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what is tough re a rebuild. You have an obligation to play the best players on the roster. Choo although overpaid is one of re best hitters in AL. You want to give young guys ABs who are considered part of the future.

Re. Earlier post...DDJ has superior routes than Santana but he held present team down as a hole in the lineup. So in essence we gave up on his development for the present to go with Santana who has no real future in CF or am I wrong about this. Will be interesting if they even offer him a contract next year.
We have an obligation to trade Choo. It is an obligation that should have been met long before now.
We have guys who we need to fund out about and Choo is/has been in the way of that.

Santana is playing consistently for the first time since his rookie season and doing well. We need to find out if this is who he is.

We also need to see what Calhoun does with every day play.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have an obligation to trade Choo. It is an obligation that should have been met long before now.
We have guys who we need to fund out about and Choo is/has been in the way of that.

Santana is playing consistently for the first time since his rookie season and doing well. We need to find out if this is who he is.

We also need to see what Calhoun does with every day play.

You are right. We can only wonder how these young men have gotten caught up in this mess.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We also have an obligation to the integrity of the game to play our best players. We have no obligation to give away a player for nothing.

A guy like Cabrera is probably a guy taking more ABs from Santana than Choo. Perhaps he is the one who needs to be moved.

How would you know they have ignored reasonable offers to Choo?
I hope they do move him but I am not going to stand in judgement without knowing facts. Just sounds very harsh

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw. We have one of the better offenses in baseball. Pitching is our bogey.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. We can only wonder how these young men have gotten caught up in this mess.

Totally don't get where you guys are coming from or the mess?

Love Calhoun but perhaps he was in the minors to work on some things. To be brought up for Elvis just shows the club thought he was ready

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have an obligation to the integrity of the game to play our best players. We have no obligation to give away a player for nothing.

A guy like Cabrera is probably a guy taking more ABs from Santana than Choo. Perhaps he is the one who needs to be moved.

How would you know they have ignored reasonable offers to Choo?
I hope they do move him but I am not going to stand in judgement without knowing facts. Just sounds very harsh

Trading Choo is a part of the rebuild. If he stands in the way we can possibly loose young players. Could set us back a while.