• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Athletics For Four Games August 15-18

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seager gives his take

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone expect a significant difference in winning percentage in these last 48 games compared to the previous 48?

I don't expect there to be a Bogar effect.

Whatever the winning percentage is in the final 48 games, I expect that Tony Beasley will have a very small effect on it. Same as Tim Bogar had during his time as interim manager, and Don Wakamatsu had in his.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone expect a significant difference in winning percentage in these last 48 games compared to the previous 48?

I don't expect there to be a Bogar effect.
I am looking for better baseball. We have been sloppy. I hope they can get there. Has to be good structure skill and buy in
Be ready mentally for every potential play makes a huge difference in a game

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the winning percentage is in the final 48 games, I expect that Tony Beasley will have a very small effect on it. Same as Tim Bogar had during his time as interim manager, and Don Wakamatsu had in his.
Do you see the interim manager position as just a figurehead position?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking for better baseball. We have been sloppy. I hope they can get there. Has to be good structure skill and buy in
Be ready mentally for every potential play makes a huge difference in a game
Bease seems to be the kind to do just that

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding press conference. Will prove interesting the questions asked or not asked and the answers given or sideswiped
Your last sentence says it all. Aren't ALL press conferences under similar circumstances ALL about sideswiping - I like to call it a softball session - at least to an extent?

The FO has to allow Woody some space, say some basic good things about him, thank him for what all he's done for the organization, blah-blah. Just your typical PC IMO. And I don't want to blame him for all our woes, but it did seem he'd certainly lost the room.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think these are professional athletes and coaches. If the prep for games got lax and unfocused, then yes those can be shored up. And certainly there can be better decisions made when it comes to bullpen management and situational in-game decisions. But overall, these players know their jobs and it's on them to produce. It wasn't Woody's fault when Adolis whiffs on a fly ball, or Semien boots a grounder, or Dunning can't find the zone.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumping in I surely hope he does not consider himself an interim manager.
He said himself on the interview he is not concerned about next year but what he can do for the team today.

To be only considered as a figurehead would be disgraceful to anybody who embraces it

We need a better brand of respectable baseball here. We shall see how things are conducted

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the prep for games got lax and unfocused, then yes those can be shored up. And certainly there can be better decisions made when it comes to bullpen management and situational in-game decisions.
I could not agree more. Over a season those things add up. In a postseason series their importance is made very evident and can be the difference in winning or losing the series.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear the players play the game and CY even said there is individual player preparation along with team over prepping

JD said everyone needs to shoulder part of this throughout organization. Most of us saw the issue. I certainly shared our defensive woes at a minimum

So yeah Wosdy can’t be 100% the scapegoat

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumping in I surely hope he does not consider himself an interim manager.
He said himself on the interview he is not concerned about next year but what he can do for the team today.

To be only considered as a figurehead would be disgraceful to anybody who embraces it

We need a better brand of respectable baseball here. We shall see how things are conducted
As a "figurehead" I meant he would have no impact on wins and losses. I do not see a manager that way myself, interim or not.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear the players play the game and CY even said there is individual player preparation along with team over prepping

JD said everyone needs to shoulder part of this throughout organization. Most of us saw the issue. I certainly shared our defensive woes at a minimum

That is why I have been saying it isn't about wins and losses. It is about managerial decisions and duties.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

totally agree. i still think something happened behind the scenes and that's why the team didn't wait until the end of the season. Seager said that Woody had the full support of the team but something happened

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a "figurehead" I meant he would have no impact on wins and losses. I do not see a manager that way myself, interim or not.
I think a manger absolutely effects wins or losses but maybe more on setting up routines, knowing when to be agressive or not. Balancing long term with short term.
Just cultivating a winning with no excuses mentality. A team that you think they are never out of this game. Of course talent is a factor but I think Seager is more than adequate defensively. He is just underperforming IMO