• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Athletics For Four Games August 15-18

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could not agree more. Over a season those things add up. In a postseason series their importance is made very evident and can be the difference in winning or losing the series.

Sure, you want a team's manager to be able to make smart decisions when those moments present themselves.

But to your question, I don't anticipate the winning percentage to be affected by this move, because the roster is still the same.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Engel is a known JD hater and Nolan cheerleader. Shameless article. Like said earlier. JD looked very down. Did you hear him asnswr the question. Also when I had to let anyone go I can relate to feeling you let them down to some degree

CY though looked fresh and determined. I am hoping he makes the difference

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, you want a team's manager to be able to make smart decisions when those moments present themselves.

But to your question, I don't anticipate the winning percentage to be affected by this move, because the roster is still the same.

Yup pitching is still gonna be bad and the offense will have their 8 run game every now and then but will mostly score 2 runs per game

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder if there was something going on that brought this to a head, Taveras hadn't played in several days and i was wondering if there was something going on where Woodward benched him for some reason, and it got to the FO.

Taveras has been nursing some sort of minor injury I think

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Engel is a known JD hater and Nolan cheerleader. Shameless article. Like said earlier. JD looked very down. Did you hear him asnswr the question. Also when I had to let anyone go I can relate to feeling you let them down to some degree

CY though looked fresh and determined. I am hoping he makes the difference
me too. i think the point of the article was that JD has gotten away with a lot more than most GMs/Presidents have and i agree. hopefully we see JD going next

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might be but he was put in last night

Defensive replacement......? Dont think he was ready to swing a bat the last couple days. Still showing injury as undisclosed

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay i didn't find anything

Or the injury could have been an excuse and he was benched cause he was batting .205 this month and maybe that pissed someone off.....?

All kinds of things we can speculate since the manager was fired today but I think we all know whether it comes out or not, there is more to it than sloppy baseball

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too. i think the point of the article was that JD has gotten away with a lot more than most GMs/Presidents have and i agree. hopefully we see JD going next
Like tomorrow in my humble opinion!....I'm sorry, but JD has been in charge for FAR TOO LONG and the results are eactly what we're seeing.

If I''m wrong so be it. But let me ask you something. Daniels has been with the Rangers for going on 2 decades. You want to keep those 18+ years or, if given a chance, have an 18 year muligan?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the injury could have been an excuse and he was benched cause he was batting .205 this month and maybe that pissed someone off.....?

All kinds of things we can speculate since the manager was fired today but I think we all know whether it comes out or not, there is more to it than sloppy baseball
More to it? Don't need more to fire him. Fireing him is perfectly legit.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like tomorrow in my humble opinion!....I'm sorry, but JD has been in charge for FAR TOO LONG and the results are eactly what we're seeing.

If I''m wrong so be it. But let me ask you something. Daniels has been with the Rangers for going on 2 decades. You want to keep those 18+ years or, if given a chance, have an 18 year muligan?

I would like a mulligan and can we get AJ Preller back.....?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More to it? Don't need more to fire him. Fireing him is perfectly legit.

The last 3 years were enough but my point is why now? Pretty certain it was coming at season end but it was expedited as I think JD feels the heat and wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in the coming months.

It certainly NEEDS to happen

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 3 years were enough but my point is why now? Pretty certain it was coming at season end but it was expedited as I think JD feels the heat and wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in the coming months.

It certainly NEEDS to happen
Way to late.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you are correct. He should have been shown the door when Woody was. We can all find stuff that a manager does that we do not like. And I agree that Woody could have done some things differently in certain situations. But if you are going to give me some BS about having guys prepared or whatever corporate speak you want to say then I am not buying it. He was given a mediocre team and to expect anything much more is hard for me to understand.