• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Astros for Three Games September 4-6

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only relievers who should be retained:
Burke
Stratton
Smith ( loogy NOT as a closer)

That's it. Everyone else should be gone. Leclerc...gone. Chapman...gone. Sborz...gone.
Perez...gone. Hernandez...gone. Did I miss anyone?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he will get time there but right now he would be the main bench player giving Heim and the DH rest stints
Why would anyone bench the second best hitter on the team?

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Position players:
Grossman...gone
Taveras...gone
Josh Smith...gone
Hedges...gone

I'd keep Jankowski but not as a starter.
Keep Duran. Too much upside still.
Resign Garver

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Rangers aren't making the playoffs this year. We all have eyes to see that this is one of the worst teams in baseball right now.

So I sit Eovaldi. I sit Scherzer. I sit Heim. And I don't rush Jung back for any reason. And I don't care if we lose every game the rest of this season. Back dooring into the playoffs at the expense of having a healthy Eovaldi and Scherzer for 24 would be so damn stupid.

This team sucks. Let them suck. I want healthy players, especially starting pitchers, in 2024. One or two games of playoff embarrassment isn't going to help anyone.
Their not going to sit those guys and were not one of the worst teams in baseball. Scherzer would want no part of sitting and he is a bulldog. He will be ready in 24. Heim is not sitting and started looking better. Eovaldi is a completely different matter which nobody really seems to know what going on. No doubt our bullpen is arguably the worst in the league.
You get into the playoffs and anything can happen. Astros won 107 games in 2019 and lost the world series. Bochy won a World Series with a 88 win Giants team. I never give up till it’s over.
Sure it looks bleak. I am frustrated with Young and Bochy because I believe they over estimated the bullpen and did not acquire enough pieces at the deadline. Who knows maybe the potential trade partners wanted too much.
Will have plenty of time to talk off-season

age8311

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know our bullpen is terrible, but can we talk about our offense. Once we get a lead it seems we go into cruise control and don't really do any damage, extend the lead, the batters start taking simple pitches down the middle. That is my opinion. I wished we would keep the foot on the gas

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on the radio, that Eovaldi is starting tomorrow.
Huge mistake. I don't care if he throws 3-4 shutout innings. Doesn't matter. Valdez will shut us down. And if he doesnt the bullpen will blow it anyway.

But you know what WILL also happen? Eovaldi will put innings on an already injured arm. And the Rangers will jeopardize next season for him for a handful of useless innings this month.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their not going to sit those guys and were not one of the worst teams in baseball. Scherzer would want no part of sitting and he is a bulldog. He will be ready in 24. Heim is not sitting and started looking better. Eovaldi is a completely different matter which nobody really seems to know what going on. No doubt our bullpen is arguably the worst in the league.
You get into the playoffs and anything can happen. Astros won 107 games in 2019 and lost the world series. Bochy won a World Series with a 88 win Giants team. I never give up till it’s over.
Sure it looks bleak. I am frustrated with Young and Bochy because I believe they over estimated the bullpen and did not acquire enough pieces at the deadline. Who knows maybe the potential trade partners wanted too much.
Will have plenty of time to talk off-season
Acquire enough pieces for the bullpen? You do realize the player they traded away for a washed up Chapman is currently pitching as well or better than EVERY OTHER PITCHER IN BASEBALL!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know our bullpen is terrible, but can we talk about our offense. Once we get a lead it seems we go into cruise control and don't really do any damage, extend the lead, the batters start taking simple pitches down the middle. That is my opinion. I wished we would keep the foot on the gas
The offense is suffering mental fatigue

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we need to re-sign Montgomery, Stratton and Garver. we need to sign the best FA closer available and 5 quality FA relievers. and then Bellinger and the best DH bat (Ohtani) we can get.

batting order would be:

Semien
Seager
DH
Bellinger
Garcia
Jung
Lowe
Heim
Carter

with a bench of Crim, Duran, Garver and Martinez

and yes it's going to cost
Garver is a must resign along with Stratton. I like Montgomery as well. That lineup would kick ass. Love Carter at the bottom.
What happens if Langford starting killing it at Frisco? Is he potentially on the team or does he need a little more time?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garver is a must resign along with Stratton. I like Montgomery as well. That lineup would kick ass. Love Carter at the bottom.
What happens if Langford starting killing it at Frisco? Is he potentially on the team or does he need a little more time?
Agree on Carver but not as a bench player

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we don't have a bullpen going into 2024 and shifting starters to it solves nothing it would be worse than this year. we need to sign the best closer available, re-sign Stratton and we need to sign at least 5 other quality relievers.
Exactly it’s like a demotion to them. Get relievers who come in games with stressful situations and get outs.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge mistake. I don't care if he throws 3-4 shutout innings. Doesn't matter. Valdez will shut us down. And if he doesnt the bullpen will blow it anyway.

But you know what WILL also happen? Eovaldi will put innings on an already injured arm. And the Rangers will jeopardize next season for him for a handful of useless innings this month.
Bullseye

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Acquire enough pieces for the bullpen? You do realize the player they traded away for a washed up Chapman is currently pitching as well or better than EVERY OTHER PITCHER IN BASEBALL!
I do and was a huge Ragan’s fan. Reminds of Cole Hamels but with more velocity.
It was a big mistake and I am concerned with their evaluation of pitching. Seems to me they want guys who can start and relieve and take on a dual role when asked. I am not a big fan of it. They need to learn from their mistakes. Young is still new and has now had a little over a year under his belt and Bochy will have a full year where he can see up close and evaluate. Perhaps him being away for awhile has been part of the problem.
Sure I will expect much better next year. I surely don’t want Chapman or Sborz back next year

Last edited:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think our players are thinking? They see the same negativity as we do. What incentives do they have? I truly believe they are failing with severe mental attitudes.
I wonder if the offense struggling so much has led to extra pressure on the bullpen with so many close games, leading the bullpen to collapse mentally under the pressure.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do and was a huge Ragan’s fan. Reminds of Cole Hamels but with more velocity.
It was a huge mistake and I am concerned with their evaluation of relief pitching. They need to learn from their mistakes. Young is still new and has now had a little over a year under his belt and Bochy will have a full year where he can see up close and evaluate. Perhaps him being away for awhile has been part of the problem.
Sure I will expect much better next year
You just can't miss on a guy like Cole Ragans. You just can't. We aren't the Dodgers, Rays, or Braves where we have young minor league arms that always seem to stick.

That's why Leiter HAS to be good. That's why the Rocker pick was so ridiculous. Top 5 pitcher picks for an organization as developmentally challenged re: pitching have to be home runs. Jury is out on Leiter. Rocker? Please.