• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Astros for Three Games September 4-6

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious...what exactly has Bochy done well? Obvious bullpen problems but where has he actually made a positive difference? He always favors the non productive vets and almost never tinkers with the underperformed lineup. What's so great about him? The Giants WS titles were a decade ago.
Bullpen managers look great when the guys they have are great

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I actually wasn't really trying to make any points. I have never really witnessed anything like this so I am at a loss as far as what they should do. It might be as simple as fixing the bullpen, if that is simple, or it could be as complex as restructuring the leadership and lineup. Who kno
I'm curious...what exactly has Bochy done well? Obvious bullpen problems but where has he actually made a positive difference? He always favors the non productive vets and almost never tinkers with the underperformed lineup. What's so great about him? The Giants WS titles were a decade ago.
Exactly he last won that championship when he was 59. He is now 68. I don’t want just make it about age but some people change as they get older. He seems set in his ways now playing his vets and not giving that much opportunity to younger guys.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullpen managers look great when the guys they have are great
I think CY did a great job in hiring Bochy. Unfortunately, it may be time for him to try and make another great hire.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CY did a great job in hiring Bochy. Unfortunately, it may be time for him to try and make another great hire.
I guess the point is he is likely blamed too much here and too much praise given there

We have pitching issues that go back a ways
I was online with a guy who states he is a Ranger scout and he says a huge overhaul is on its way

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some good bones with Seager, Semien, Jung, Heim and even Lowe. You can only replace so many positions because you have to concentrate on pitching. Garcia staying or not has to do who we pick up. He has a great arm but has really faded so far down the stretch. But at the beginning of the year I thought if he could hit 265 with 35 HRs and 100 RBIs I will take it. Langford will be on this team before the next season ends. That leaves needing two more outfielders with one just holding down the fort until Langford arrives. DH? For us to get a good hitter will cost around 20 million and so would a good pitcher. If Ohtani is able to pitch there is your 40 million but he has to pitch. But spend your money on pitching because if we had that we have a 10 game lead.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the point is he is likely blamed too much here and too much praise given there

We have pitching issues that go back a ways
I was online with a guy who states he is a Ranger scout and he says a huge overhaul is on its way
Has to be bullpen. We are either going to with re-signing Montgomery or with Bradford as the 5th starter behind Scherzer, Eovaldi, Dunning & Gray so the huge overhaul has to be in the bullpen

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some good bones with Seager, Semien, Jung, Heim and even Lowe. You can only replace so many positions because you have to concentrate on pitching. Garcia staying or not has to do who we pick up. He has a great arm but has really faded so far down the stretch. But at the beginning of the year I thought if he could hit 265 with 35 HRs and 100 RBIs I will take it. Langford will be on this team before the next season ends. That leaves needing two more outfielders with one just holding down the fort until Langford arrives. DH? For us to get a good hitter will cost around 20 million and so would a good pitcher. If Ohtani is able to pitch there is your 40 million but he has to pitch. But spend your money on pitching because if we had that we have a 10 game lead.
With where the budget is now, I guess it will come down to spending on what is seen as the greatest needs. The offseasons where we spend bucket loads of money are over, it would seem.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be bullpen. We are either going to with re-signing Montgomery or with Bradford as the 5th starter behind Scherzer, Eovaldi, Dunning & Gray so the huge overhaul has to be in the bullpen
Believe it is system wide approach for how we develop pitchers

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget at some point around the all star break next season the Rangers are getting a premium sp or a premium closer when deGrom returns. That will help.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget at some point around the all star break next season the Rangers are getting a premium sp or a premium closer when deGrom returns. That will help.
They are saying late August to Early September at the earliest

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, for how long?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it is system wide approach for how we develop pitchers
For about the 10th time this century. (Exaggeration for effect)

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we looking at tonight? Do we get shut out 8-0?