• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Astros for Three Games September 4-6

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From what Jeff Wilson is saying, there has been discussion within the Rangers brass of bringing Evan Carter up.

"While a Carter promotion might not be high on the list of priorities, it's on the table."
That’s interesting. I hope he tears it up at RR.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we all know Eovaldi should have made a rehab start or two. This smelled of desperation. I know it sounds crazy but they might want to think of Eovaldi making a start at Frisco and having Perez actually be the starter in place of Dunning since for some unknown reason he has just fallen off of the cliff after looking so good.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely none of this matters anymore
Everything matters whether you are in the pennant race or not.
Team development and learning still can and should occur

Are you suggesting just forfeit the remaining games?

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what Jeff Wilson is saying, there has been discussion within the Rangers brass of bringing Evan Carter up.

"While a Carter promotion might not be high on the list of priorities, it's on the table."
Bichy said that on radio yesterday

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bichy said that on radio yesterday
They need to do it just to see if he could ignite a spark.

If would like these guys to take the beating they got last night and just start playing mad. To the point there is no pressure or playing not to lose but just pissed off and wanting to beat the other teams brains in.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the chemistry and psyche on this club ruined enough to require some major changes this coming offseason? I mean, I know the bullpen requires major changes, but I am wondering about the lineup. Or, can all of that be fixed just by getting away for an offseason?

Should a new manager be considered or would that just add to the chaos?

Is our present clubhouse leadership flawed enough to consider something major, like trading Marcus Semien and/or Adolis Garcis?

Did the problems in the bullpen start all of this, and if so, can going all out to fix the pen this coming offseason, turn the whole team around?

Has the collapse eroded all the momentum gained in being able to lure free agents to come here?

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They need to do it just to see if he could ignite a spark.

If would like these guys to take the beating they got last night and just start playing mad. To the point there is no pressure or playing not to lose but just pissed off and wanting to beat the other teams brains in.
I would do it as well. They need to do something. Losing the way they do blowing leads in almost every game has to take a toll on the team.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the chemistry and psyche on this club ruined enough to require some major changes this coming offseason? I mean, I know the bullpen requires major changes, but I am wondering about the lineup. Or, can all of that be fixed just by getting away for an offseason?

Is our present clubhouse leadership flawed enough to consider something major, like trading Marcus Semien and/or Adolis Garcis?

Did the problems in the bullpen start all of this, and if so, can going all out to fix the pen this coming offseason, turn the whole team around?

Has the collapse eroded all the momentum gained in being able to lure free agents to come here?
We need to tear it down and start over. Trade everyone of value, Semien, Seager, Heim, Lowe, Scherzer, Eovaldi, etc and start a rebuild using only internal prospects and in 4 or 5 years once we’ve got better knowledge of where the holes are then and only then consider bring in free agents. We, the fans, can deal with non competitive teams

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

All valid points. Definitely believe all the continuous blown leads we have seen the last few weeks have taken it’s toll. Seems like they hit the wall after the 6th inning on Monday when Sborz flamed out. Definitely carried into last nights game.
I have been very disappointed with Bochy and his handling of the bullpen. I understand it’s a garbage bullpen but I am sure Bochy conferred with CY on some of these guys that are here.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to tear it down and start over. Trade everyone of value, Semien, Seager, Heim, Lowe, Scherzer, Eovaldi, etc and start a rebuild using only internal prospects and in 4 or 5 years once we’ve got better knowledge of where the holes are then and only then consider bring in free agents. We, the fans, can deal with non competitive teams
We need to tear down all of the overreaction, pretend misunderstanding, hyper-sarcasm, and snarkiness directed toward others on this board.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All valid points. Definitely believe all the continuous blown leads we have seen the last few weeks have taken it’s toll. Seems like they hit the wall after the 6th inning on Monday when Sborz flamed out. Definitely carried into last nights game.
I have been very disappointed with Bochy and his handling of the bullpen. I understand it’s a garbage bullpen but I am sure Bochy conferred with CY on some of these guys that are here.
I actually wasn't really trying to make any points. I have never really witnessed anything like this so I am at a loss as far as what they should do. It might be as simple as fixing the bullpen, if that is simple, or it could be as complex as restructuring the leadership and lineup. Who knows?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zak Kent starts today for Round Rock. He could very easily be next year's Cody Bradford.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wasn't really trying to make any points. I have never really witnessed anything like this so I am at a loss as far as what they should do. It might be as simple as fixing the bullpen, if that is simple, or it could be as complex as restructuring the leadership and lineup. Who knows?
Perhaps we simply do not have playoff contenders at certain positions while others have to makeup for it. Example: Seager is a winner, Grossman is not. Then there is J Smith Duran Miler Jankowski Hedges etc. Guys like these are a little short in the britches. Not being critical but truthful and have not mentioned the BP.
That is a big deficiet to carry for guys like Seager,Jung Semien Heim and Garver.
Just one way to look at it.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious...what exactly has Bochy done well? Obvious bullpen problems but where has he actually made a positive difference? He always favors the non productive vets and almost never tinkers with the underperformed lineup. What's so great about him? The Giants WS titles were a decade ago.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attention at humor