• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Tampa Bay Ray for Three Games July 17-19

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many starters are you expecting them to trade for?
Realistically? One really good one, that is at least a very good #3 starter.
I think that they are probably content with Heaney as the #5 along with having a guy like Bradford or Otto that can be fine bottom of rotation types at the least.
I see a strong playoff rotation (health-permitting) of Eovaldi, Dunning, SP via trade, and Gray.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically? One really good one, that is at least a very good #3 starter.
I think that they are probably content with Heaney as the #5 along with having a guy like Bradford or Otto that can be fine bottom of rotation types at the least.
I see a strong playoff rotation (health-permitting) of Eovaldi, Dunning, SP via trade, and Gray.
You didn't include Perez, Bradford or Otto in your bullpen above. I take it you want to send the younger guys to Round Rock, but what are you doing with Perez?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20230719_215011_First Pitch.jpg
Best outing for Winn since July 31, 2022.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't include Perez, Bradford or Otto in your bullpen above. I take it you want to send the younger guys to Round Rock, but what are you doing with Perez?
Yeah, I'd rather have Bradford and Otto in the minors staying stretched out if they aren't needed to start games. I honestly forgot to factor in Perez when I typed my bullpen post. Guess he probably gets used as a multi inning guy. I'd swap LeClerc and Perez.
So, Smith, Chapman, Burke, Anderson, Speas and Perez, plus two relievers via trade. Sound good? Or what would you do differently? I certainly value your opinion.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd rather have Bradford and Otto in the minors staying stretched out if they aren't needed to start games. I honestly forgot to factor in Perez when I typed my bullpen post. Guess he probably gets used as a multi inning guy. I'd swap LeClerc and Perez.
So, Smith, Chapman, Burke, Anderson, Speas and Perez, plus two relievers via trade. Sound good? Or what would you do differently? I certainly value your opinion.
I guess it depends on who they can get, but I kinda think they want Bradford on the team to be a long guy and to spot start. I think that means they get one reliever. Of course, if either Anderson or Speas has a couple of bad outings in a row, that could change things.

I guess there is a possibility they trade for 2 starters and both Perez and Heaney go to the pen. In that case it would be:

Chapman
Smith
Speas
Anderson
Burke
Heaney
Perez
(Trade Acquisition)

That would mean Perez becomes the long man instead of Bradford.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think it’s funny that when the rangers are buyers the national media says we would have to give up all of our best prospects for Ohtani.

when the rangers are sellers, YOU WILL TRADE FOR WILLIE CALHOUN AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think it’s funny that when the rangers are buyers the national media says we would have to give up all of our best prospects for Ohtani.

when the rangers are sellers, YOU WILL TRADE FOR WILLIE CALHOUN AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.
I get what you are saying, but we really never had anyone to trade like Ohtani.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand the difference between the two scenarios

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just spitballing, but anybody interested in going big and making a trade for David Bednar? He's absolutely elite and under control for a few more years. Obviously he's a closer, however he's probably the best reliever that'll be available at the deadline and it's not like Smith and Chapman lack flexibility. Imagine a 1-2-3 punch of Smith, Chapman and Bednar protecting a lead come October? Lights out.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are 5 games back in the loss column to the Astros who occupy the last wild card spot. Not sure how far behind the Yankees had to do with anything.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IL? His speed was still down in the last game although he did go 5 but Bochy/Maddox were quick to pull after that. 5 hits, 4 walks & 3 runs

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just spitballing, but anybody interested in going big and making a trade for David Bednar? He's absolutely elite and under control for a few more years. Obviously he's a closer, however he's probably the best reliever that'll be available at the deadline and it's not like Smith and Chapman lack flexibility. Imagine a 1-2-3 punch of Smith, Chapman and Bednar protecting a lead come October? Lights out.
I like but it would be expensive. He is elite and has multiple years left before he can go FA

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying, but we really never had anyone to trade like Ohtani.
The Dodgers thought highly enough of Darvish to start him 3 times in the World Series. Granted, it blew up in their faces, but that alone makes me think we should have got more, I was never happy with our take in the trade. I honestly wish we never made it.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers thought highly enough of Darvish to start him 3 times in the World Series. Granted, it blew up in their faces, but that alone makes me think we should have got more, I was never happy with our take in the trade. I honestly wish we never made it.

The Dodgers didn't have any control over which offer the Rangers accepted. Also, the market for Darvish in 2017 and the market for Ohtani in 2023 are two completely different things, and trying to compare them is ridiculous.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of ridiculous opinions about Ohtani, apparently the Angels are thinking they might hang onto him and squeak into the playoffs if everything breaks right for them.

Most people on Reddit seem to think this is a good idea, with some even saying that it could help them re-sign him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of ridiculous opinions about Ohtani, apparently the Angels are thinking they might hang onto him and squeak into the playoffs if everything breaks right for them.

Most people on Reddit seem to think this is a good idea, with some even saying that it could help them re-sign him.
I hope they keep him. That makes them weaker in the future and keeps a contender from being strengthened.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah….Ohtani staying put might be best case scenario for us. The angels won’t catch us in the division with their pitching and no trout.

I still hate the idea of giving up a kings ransom to a division rival for 2 months of 1 player.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah….Ohtani staying put might be best case scenario for us. The angels won’t catch us in the division with their pitching and no trout.

I still hate the idea of giving up a kings ransom to a division rival for 2 months of 1 player.

that's the tough choice with Ohtani... he is worth a kings ransom