• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Seattle For 2 Games July 30-31

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New thread is up

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From mlbtraderumors.com

Hayes reports that the Twins were considering both Robbie Ray and Mike Minor, though concerns about Ray’s durability and Minor’s July struggles diminished the interest.

Holy crap....

Is that really true?

I assume lots of minors struggles could be chalked up to the man’s anxiety about being traded. He’s been so vocal about it that even other teams were probably aware of what he was saying and how he was acting.

With that said, I can’t believe teams weren’t interested in minor at all because even with the terrible July, his overall body of work this year ( his stats) are still very impressive.

Hopefully, if minor does indeed turn it around again like I think he probably will, that he will be glad to sign an extension to stay with us at an affordable price if that’s what JD wants. After Seeing how JD handled the Nelson Cruz fiasco, he probably doesn’t want minor anymore and will try to move him. JD definitely tried to move minor and probably took it personal that minor was so against it.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap....

Is that really true?

I assume lots of minors struggles could be chalked up to the man’s anxiety about being traded. He’s been so vocal about it that even other teams were probably aware of what he was saying and how he was acting.

With that said, I can’t believe teams weren’t interested in minor at all because even with the terrible July, his overall body of work this year ( his stats) are still very impressive.

Hopefully, if minor does indeed turn it around again like I think he probably will, that he will be glad to sign an extension to stay with us at an affordable price if that’s what JD wants. After Seeing how JD handled the Nelson Cruz fiasco, he probably doesn’t want minor anymore and will try to move him. JD definitely tried to move minor and probably took it personal that minor was so against it.
Minor's struggles, if just from the deadline anxiety, was something teams headed to the postseason where there is anxiety everyday just didn't want.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor's struggles, if just from the deadline anxiety, was something teams headed to the postseason where there is anxiety everyday just didn't want.

Interesting......

I’ve never taken much stock from how a pitcher is pitching around the deadline. I usually just look at a pitchers stats, but maybe I’m the only one with that approach.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Minor pitched poorly in July because of the fear of being traded. I think Minor is pitching poorly because he isn't as fresh as he was at the start of the season. He has pitched more innings the last 2 seasons, than he has ever before and I think he is wearing down.

I feel like other teams probably figured this and didnt want to spend much to take a chance on him. Reminds me of what most teams that had interest in Darvish a couple years ago, probably felt when he was pitching poorly around the deadline and then he proceeded to stink it up in the post season and prove most aside from the Dodgers that he just wasn't worth giving up much for.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Minor pitched poorly in July because of the fear of being traded. I think Minor is pitching poorly because he isn't as fresh as he was at the start of the season. He has pitched more innings the last 2 seasons, than he has ever before and I think he is wearing down.

I feel like other teams probably figured this and didnt want to spend much to take a chance on him. Reminds me of what most teams that had interest in Darvish a couple years ago, probably felt when he was pitching poorly around the deadline and then he proceeded to stink it up in the post season and prove most aside from the Dodgers that he just wasn't worth giving up much for.
Good point Murph

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this indicative of another flaw with rangers development of pitchers or strength and conditioning?

Why was all of Arizona’s players highly desirable? Why did people want to trade with the jays?

It did seem like teams avoided us like the plague and that’s not a good sign for the future.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this indicative of another flaw with rangers development of pitchers or strength and conditioning?

Why was all of Arizona’s players highly desirable? Why did people want to trade with the jays?

It did seem like teams avoided us like the plague and that’s not a good sign for the future.

Team likely saw the regression of Minor after June and weren't willing to give up much

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy is a Rays fan. He mentioned that the low fan turn out for home games was an issue even when the Rays were contending a few years ago. Something he mentioned about the location with regards to other 'highlights' like bars and restaurants. It's just bad real estate is his estimate.

Yeah I can see that being an issue, around Cincy during the week they roll up the sidewalks in that area about 2-3PM and its a ghost town long before game time. Now there is a few sports bars that stay open but parking is nonexistent and you have to walk when you don't really feel safe doing so. I wonder how many more fans they would attract if they weren't adjacent to some "fairly seedy neighborhoods"? If you make one wrong turn off the beaten path in/out of there you can find yourself in with everybody staring at you like "youse gots da plague dude, oh byes da way gimme all yo money"

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kela got a 10 game suspension from the Puig going away party-brawl

Yes that was quite some show, it all started because both teams were playing mind games with the other. :yes:

:pound:

They were showing their latest pickup Trevor Bauer in the dugout last night discussing pitching with some of the younger/other players, he seemed quite at home being there not like the "problem child" some folks are wanting to portray his as.

Here is an article you might like: Maybe Trevor Bauer is just smarter than everyone

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100% about catchers being a rare species in todays game. So many think a good catcher is like Pudge. Wrong. Pudge was not a good catcher but a great catcher. We have to remember that greatness is not often found at that position but good catchers can be found usually with a high price tag. If ya want a catcher of greatness, time is not on our side. I suppose we all have ideas of what is good and that's OK but don't confuse it with greatness and you won't be as disappointed. (IMO)

Yes Pudge was a great catcher he got it done on both sides of the plate and it was obvious at a very early age 19 he was going to be "a good one", how good didn't become obvious until a few years later. Not many catchers have ever been named league MVP and the ones who have are probably all in the Hall of Fame like him. Catcher is probably the hardest position on the field to be considered good at because of what all is entailed.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the best method of dumping entire salary without getting anything in return. I would say someone would have to be pretty desperate to pick up Choo's remaining tab. Pence? Eh what's the reason for doing that as we would not get anything in return and he was not that expensive. Odor? He leads the team in RBI right now, but again who would be desperate enough to pick up his remaining tab and the two ponies?

I'll take the 2 ponies my Grandkids would love to have them to ride around the neighborhood. Already smells like cow$h!t around (Holstein farm just down the road) here so a little pony poop nobody would notice. :D

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a fan of a team doesn't require you to accept that whatever course of action they decide to take is for the best. Turning a blind eye and hoping for the best isn't always a result of patience. Getting fed up after 6 years is not necessarily a result of impatience.

There are 3 options to this scenario as I see it: 1 deal with it/ignore it and continue to enjoy the game, 2 find another team to root for (fair weather fan) or 3 continue to uselessly bitch cause the team isn't going to pay any attention to what you say/think.

That about cover it?? :scratch:

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Santana is in JD's plans for 2020:

Rangers to designate Asdrubal Cabrera, Tim Federowicz for assignment; recall Isiah Kiner-Falefa, Jose Trevino

Daniels said Kiner-Falefa would likely get the majority of the team's at-bats at third base. Logan Forsythe and Danny Santana will also get time at third base. Daniels indicated that Santana has carved a spot for himself in the Rangers' 2020 plans, but the Rangers aren't sure yet if that is as an everyday super utility player moving around the diamond or at a single position.

Not surprising at all. I'd bet there was talk with other teams about acquiring another controllable SP and when that fell thru (and Joey getting hurt) this became the fallback plan of attack. Guess we'll see if the farm system can provide any useful players or not.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising at all. I'd bet there was talk with other teams about acquiring another controllable SP and when that fell thru (and Joey getting hurt) this became the fallback plan of attack. Guess we'll see if the farm system can provide any useful players or not.

It’s a good bet the farm will bolster our bullpen.

That’s a good sign because it seems like bullpen pieces are the best trade chips in this new bizarre MLB universe where teams horde prospects and lessen their chances at a ring for fear of getting ripped off by a team whose trying to rebuild.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random question:

Do you guys think Santana can get enough at bats to qualify? Will he?

Would be an interesting thing to keep track of as the season winds down.

The lineup in general seems to look a lot better with Calhoun back, condor down, and a hurt gallo on the injured list instead of playing through it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

probably because Arizona had quality players while we had Minor and Lynn who are considered adequate. quality always trumps adequate

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a good bet the farm will bolster our bullpen.

That’s a good sign because it seems like bullpen pieces are the best trade chips in this new bizarre MLB universe where teams horde prospects and lessen their chances at a ring for fear of getting ripped off by a team whose trying to rebuild.
according to an article on the official Rangers website they want to see Demarcus Evans, Joe Barlow and Emmanual Clase pitch at the ML level. who do we drop from the 40-man to add them plus I would like to see Eli White and Nick Solak who would have to be added. I know we are designating Cabrera and Federowicz so there's 2 so who else goes?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to an article on the official Rangers website they want to see Demarcus Evans, Joe Barlow and Emmanual Clase pitch at the ML level. who do we drop from the 40-man to add them plus I would like to see Eli White and Nick Solak who would have to be added. I know we are designating Cabrera and Federowicz so there's 2 so who else goes?

I want to see Heineman.

Guy is hitting almost .400