• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Seattle For 2 Games July 30-31

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to an article on the official Rangers website they want to see Demarcus Evans, Joe Barlow and Emmanual Clase pitch at the ML level. who do we drop from the 40-man to add them plus I would like to see Eli White and Nick Solak who would have to be added. I know we are designating Cabrera and Federowicz so there's 2 so who else goes?

With a month to go it's kinda hard to tell ask the same question the last week of August and you'll probably get a better answer.

But... as of this moment you have 2 guys (Joey and Shawn) on the 10 day IL that can be extended to 60 days and free up 2 spots. Forsythe has not been hitting for over 2 mos, Granite is expendable, they may release Pence to see if he can catch on with a contender and get a shot at another ring, they may let Volquez go if it doesn't look like he can pitch this month, and I just imagine they consider a few other pitchers expendable too. Not making any trades really clogged up the list for potential call ups next month.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a month to go it's kinda hard to tell ask the same question the last week of August and you'll probably get a better answer.

But... as of this moment you have 2 guys (Joey and Shawn) on the 10 day IL that can be extended to 60 days and free up 2 spots. Forsythe has not been hitting for over 2 mos, Granite is expendable, they may release Pence to see if he can catch on with a contender and get a shot at another ring, they may let Volquez go if it doesn't look like he can pitch this month, and I just imagine they consider a few other pitchers expendable too. Not making any trades really clogged up the list for potential call ups next month.

I don’t want them to release pence.

I’d be pissed off. If some team isn’t going to give us a prospect for him, they shouldn’t be able to sign him for free.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good would Lance Lynn be if started off well the first couple innings?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before we give up on Granite let's see him in action. Anything would be an upgrade on DDJ

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want them to release pence.

I’d be pissed off. If some team isn’t going to give us a prospect for him, they shouldn’t be able to sign him for free.

This would be no different than last year when they tried to get Beltre to go to a contender for one last shot at a ring, but he declined. I think that was the right thing for the team to try to do for him but he wanted his last days to be as a Ranger. Besides if you want Heinemann to get any playing time Pence will have to be just sitting around doing nothing. Another thing is he's 36 and might be contemplating retirement so why not give him the opportunity to go out in a blaze of glory with another shot at a ring :yes: Even if he doesn't retire he'll probably comeback next year (if they have a place for him) because he likes it in Arlington.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we give up on Granite let's see him in action. Anything would be an upgrade on DDJ

They are about the same player, one is better defensively and the other is better on the basepaths. It doesn't really matter because they are/would only be holding down the spot until the "trio" of OFers in the minors is ready, at least that is what the team is hoping.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are about the same player, one is better defensively and the other is better on the basepaths. It doesn't really matter because they are/would only be holding down the spot until the "trio" of OFers in the minors is ready, at least that is what the team is hoping.
well we've seen DDJ now let's see what Granite brings to the ballpark

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which according to scheduling is 2021. So troop out Calhoun, Granite and Heineman next year in the new park until JPM, Taveras etc are ready

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which according to scheduling is 2021. So troop out Calhoun, Granite and Heineman next year in the new park until JPM, Taveras etc are ready

2 of those 3 will be lucky to be on the 40 next year.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so don't give Granite a chance. he was good enough to make and stay on the 40

That's not up to me that's up to the team.

He was DFAd by the Twinkies and the Rangers thought a new zipcode might help him so them spent very little to get him. He still hasn't learned how to hit so he really isn't much good to the club other than play in Nashville cause the cupboard is still bare.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not up to me that's up to the team.

He was DFAd by the Twinkies and the Rangers thought a new zipcode might help him so them spent very little to get him. He still hasn't learned how to hit so he really isn't much good to the club other than play in Nashville cause the cupboard is still bare.
He's hitting .286 this year at Nashville and has averaged over .284 over his minor league career. What do you want from a player .400

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's hitting .286 this year at Nashville and has averaged over .284 over his minor league career. What do you want from a player .400

It's not what I want it's what the team wants and obviously his stats (especially miniscule slugging percentage) isn't thrilling them. The days of a defense first, foremost and only CFers are gone, teams want guys like Mike Trout not lightweights.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Heineman is not in lineup at 1B. If trying to win why is not Pence in there

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess Pence our to have Mazara in.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not what I want it's what the team wants and obviously his stats (especially miniscule slugging percentage) isn't thrilling them. The days of a defense first, foremost and only CFers are gone, teams want guys like Mike Trout not lightweights.
So how Mike Trout's are there in our minor league system

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you do a study and get back to us.
Okay I'll go along with your attempt at humor.
Lordy Taveras. AA. 2021
Bubba Thompson. A+ 2022
Julio Carlos Martinez. A+ 2022
Eric Jackson. A+ ?
Yano Perez. : A+ ?
Elezar Alvarez. AA. ?
Preston Beck. AA. ?
Brendon Davis. AA. ?
Josh Altmann. AA ?
Zack Granite. AAA. 2021
Scott Heineman Tex. Now

There are our best OF'ers in the minors with projected arrival