• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Seattle For 2 Games July 30-31

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think what the clubhouse could be like right now if just one of the TJ signings had paid off?

They may not be much further up the standings but it would be building hope and trust with management and fans. Full blown rebuilds usually chase fans away and sometimes they never come back, Marlins and Rays come to mind. Rays in midst of playoff hunt (2WC) and stadium is pretty empty, guy in upper deck could fart and fans behind the plate would hear it.
Haha! Like that.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decide not to trade someone just for the sake of trading they piss and moan we should have traded then for a bag of balls.

Kitty_Pucks.jpg

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good catcher would help also.

Where do you plan on getting one and how many bodies you willing to trade to get one, that's a very rare species in todays game. They tried that route and look where it got them, a depleted farm system and a catcher who couldn't frame pitches. :L

Last edited:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way. Sorry about my rant last night because this is the place to share our dislikes. Just that when it seems we have a personal vendetta against a player even when they do well and state it multiple times on every post it gets old.

I was glad to see Chavez close last night. Leclerc just seems to choke at closing games.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was glad to see Chavez close last night. Leclerc just seems to choke at closing games.

In all fairness the last one was because it was the 4th night out of last 5 he had been on the mound, lot of warm up pitches to go with pitching in game. Kinda like SP getting tired after throwing 100-110 pitches, time to get him out and go to showers.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't have an issue with holding onto Minor or Lynn, I did have an issue with not trading Pence...

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The subject of patience with the organization has come up. After the 2013 season it became apparent that to be competitive again, this team would have to either spend in free agency like never before, or they would need to rebuild. They never did either one. This is the sixth season since then. We have been spinning our wheels ever since.

Patience is a great virtue when you are waiting on something or someone who is worthy of being patient with. At some point you have to decide if they are still worthy of your patience.

Being a fan of a team doesn't require you to accept that whatever course of action they decide to take is for the best. Turning a blind eye and hoping for the best isn't always a result of patience. Getting fed up after 6 years is not necessarily a result of impatience.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't have an issue with holding onto Minor or Lynn, I did have an issue with not trading Pence...
I can agree with that as we have a glutton of OFers including Santana even if it has been on a part time basis and Gallo back next season. Plus he is not in our future plans. I don't even have a problem sitting Choo in spite of how much we pay him. In his case I would have liked to have traded him for a bag of balls plus give them some cash.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The subject of patience with the organization has come up. After the 2013 season it became apparent that to be competitive again, this team would have to either spend in free agency like never before, or they would need to rebuild. They never did either one. This is the sixth season since then. We have been spinning our wheels ever since.

Patience is a great virtue when you are waiting on something or someone who is worthy of being patient with. At some point you have to decide if they are still worthy of your patience.

Being a fan of a team doesn't require you to accept that whatever course of action they decide to take is for the best. Turning a blind eye and hoping for the best isn't always a result of patience. Getting fed up after 6 years is not necessarily a result of impatience.
I am not sure if ownership has JD's hands tied or not. Those are the things we are not privy to. I think we will really know the answer at the start of next season being in a new ballpark if they are willing to spend some money on viable free agents. That and keeping our own who are in the minors and seeing how they develop.

We have paid some big money for players that did not pan out. That may give ownership some trust issues.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if ownership has JD's hands tied or not. Those are the things we are not privy to. I think we will really know the answer at the start of next season being in a new ballpark if they are willing to spend some money on viable free agents. That and keeping our own who are in the minors and seeing how they develop.

We have paid some big money for players that did not pan out. That may give ownership some trust issues.
I think those are the reasons some of us are ready for new ownership.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think those are the reasons some of us are ready for new ownership.
That I can understand. We will really know when next season begins. And if they give the green light to make some moves we will see how JD handles that. If they are smart moves or not.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awfully generous grade here

RANGERS

Grade: B

Mike Minor remained, Lance Lynn remained, and Jose Leclerc remained. The Rangers still did very nice work turning impending free agent reliever Chris Martin into Kolby Allard, a quality prospect, and essentially buying international bonus money from the White Sox by taking on the contract of the injured Nate Jones. Also, don't sleep on Texas turning Peter Fairbanks into Nick Solak, then getting Ian Gibaut for cash. The Rays offered Gibaut for Fairbanks, Texas pushed for Solak instead, and they wound up with Solak and Gibaut. Nifty.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I can understand. We will really know when next season begins. And if they give the green light to make some moves we will see how JD handles that. If they are smart moves or not.
I can hear the excuses for JD now. "He couldn't force Cole to sign."

Our problem is that we have so many holes that even the best GM couldn't find enough free agents to help in the next year or two. That is, to help us be WS contenders.

Another thing I have thought of recently is how this new stadium is coming at the wrong time. I think the new stadium, or rather the desire to fill it up, is preventing us from rebuilding properly. It caused us to abort the process prematurely. Ownership wants us to be mediocre to good in 2020. Minor is cheap so the thought of trading him and having to replace him with a more costly pitcher is something they don't want.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to see the mood of the board has evolved from "JD sucks" to "ownership sucks."

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after some thought I guess we could place Pence, Choo, Odor etc on revocable waivers and see if any team picks them up. Pence would happen don't see anyone picking up Choo or Odor

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you plan on getting one and how many bodies you willing to trade to get one, that's a very rare species in todays game. They tried that route and look where it got them, a depleted farm system and a catcher who couldn't frame pitches. :L
That catcher didn't want to be here. So he didn't play his best. You can find a good catcher, just like you can find a good CF or 3B. It's not easy to find someone that can succeed at the major league level regardless of position You idiot.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can hear the excuses for JD now. "He couldn't force Cole to sign."

Our problem is that we have so many holes that even the best GM couldn't find enough free agents to help in the next year or two. That is, to help us be WS contenders.

Another thing I have thought of recently is how this new stadium is coming at the wrong time. I think the new stadium, or rather the desire to fill it up, is preventing us from rebuilding properly. It caused us to abort the process prematurely. Ownership wants us to be mediocre to good in 2020. Minor is cheap so the thought of trading him and having to replace him with a more costly pitcher is something they don't want.

There may be some truth to the cheapness of Minor dampening the trade enthusiasm. Hard to know but can not dispute

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main things I was looking for from the rangers in the last week or so :

- play freaking Calhoun
- don’t trade Santana
- demote or get rid of Cabrera if he’s not traded
- demote Mazara

3 out of 4 is pretty good so I will continue to watch this team. The last thing I wanted to see was Santana traded, condor called back up, then we would probably be subjected to

7) odor
8) condor
9) Mathis

Shoot me now man. For half of a season we would see 3 strikeouts in a row almost automatically. I wasn’t going to stick around for that garbage.
Looks like Santana is in JD's plans for 2020:

Rangers to designate Asdrubal Cabrera, Tim Federowicz for assignment; recall Isiah Kiner-Falefa, Jose Trevino

Daniels said Kiner-Falefa would likely get the majority of the team's at-bats at third base. Logan Forsythe and Danny Santana will also get time at third base. Daniels indicated that Santana has carved a spot for himself in the Rangers' 2020 plans, but the Rangers aren't sure yet if that is as an everyday super utility player moving around the diamond or at a single position.