• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Seattle For 2 Games July 30-31

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calhoun looks like a core player to me. I would not mind signing Pence again for next year too. Hope Heineman gets some playing time too for a look see

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calhoun looks like a core player to me. I would not mind signing Pence again for next year too. Hope Heineman gets some playing time too for a look see
Yes we really need support from MILB

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Some of the discourse here reminds me of the post deadline discourse a few years ago.
Then a poster, who no longer frequents the board, told someone he considered what I had to say as nothing more than cannon fodder because I had a negative response. We will once again see how of this turns out in a few years. Then there will probably be more talk of how everything is alright even though these last decisions didn't work out. It is a cycle.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we add to them why not?
They are not going to add enough to go to the WS. Those contracts are not within our realistic window.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More from Grant
Kinet-Falefa will play 3B along with Forsythe and Santana. Jose Trevino will be called up to split catching duties with Mathis. IKF catching experiment not technically over, but sounds like he’s more INF than C now

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised about Cabrera but the rest I am. Thinking Forsythe will get a fraction time at 3B. Should not be surprised about a Trevino. Maybe he is our catcher who gets most starts ahead Bridge to Huff

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big surprise there.

Would’ve liked to have seen Mazara DFA too, but I guess they’re going all in on him.

Will this retain your interest for now?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big surprise there.

Would’ve liked to have seen Mazara DFA too, but I guess they’re going all in on him.
Maz needs to go down AAA and work on hitting but not DFA,

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long day. G N gents. You too Crawler. lol kidding

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Adam Morris who just told me a few days ago that Trevino would not be coming up until he proved he could stay healthy. I had asked him about Trevino and IKF splitting time at catcher the rest of the year.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Asdrubal hasn't been good since the first month or at home but Fedex is better than Mathis and Jeff should be DFA'd. That BS about him helping the younger pitchers and IKF is no reason to keep him around. That is what coaches are for.......if your coaches dont suck

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will this retain your interest for now?

The main things I was looking for from the rangers in the last week or so :

- play freaking Calhoun
- don’t trade Santana
- demote or get rid of Cabrera if he’s not traded
- demote Mazara

3 out of 4 is pretty good so I will continue to watch this team. The last thing I wanted to see was Santana traded, condor called back up, then we would probably be subjected to

7) odor
8) condor
9) Mathis

Shoot me now man. For half of a season we would see 3 strikeouts in a row almost automatically. I wasn’t going to stick around for that garbage.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More from Grant
Kinet-Falefa will play 3B along with Forsythe and Santana. Jose Trevino will be called up to split catching duties with Mathis. IKF catching experiment not technically over, but sounds like he’s more INF than C now
Would like to see Santana get time at 3B. He has had a great bat but he is not a very good 1B. There were 2 double plays missed in the last 3 games in the short time I watched that Guzman makes. I agree Guzman needs to be at AAA right now but I hope he gets it going as he has been able to at every level. That would make us a better all around team. Forsythe would make a great Utility guy.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would like to see Santana get time at 3B. He has had a great bat but he is not a very good 1B. There were 2 double plays missed in the last 3 games in the short time I watched that Guzman makes. I agree Guzman needs to be at AAA right now but I hope he gets it going as he has been able to at every level. That would make us a better all around team. Forsythe would make a great Utility guy.

Santana is adequate at first base. He’s played about 30 games there and has only made a few bad mistakes.

What’s good about him is woodward can pencil him in anywhere he needs and Santana will still hit at a high level. Some players it’s easy for them to get thrown off if you disrupt there routine, he’s not one of them.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All sunshine and rainbows when we are competing. We don’t unload no matter what and he’s incompetent. Guess all are entitled to an opinion.

Yeah that gets old after awhile.

No patience to see how some things play out but are destined to wait forever because of all of the kneejerk maneuvering they favor, go figure :gaah:

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try to develop a winning culture with the resources allowed to pursue

Just think what the clubhouse could be like right now if just one of the TJ signings had paid off?

They may not be much further up the standings but it would be building hope and trust with management and fans. Full blown rebuilds usually chase fans away and sometimes they never come back, Marlins and Rays come to mind. Rays in midst of playoff hunt (2WC) and stadium is pretty empty, guy in upper deck could fart and fans behind the plate would hear it.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana is adequate at first base. He’s played about 30 games there and has only made a few bad mistakes.

What’s good about him is woodward can pencil him in anywhere he needs and Santana will still hit at a high level. Some players it’s easy for them to get thrown off if you disrupt there routine, he’s not one of them.
For example. That was as good of a hop as you can get in the 9th last night and it bounced off of his arm. If the Chris Farley look alike hits a HR and ties the game then we are singing a different tune.