• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Rockies May 19-21

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best lineup we have had in a while hitting wise. And it can get better if we find a replacement for Robbie who is doing ok right now

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best lineup we have had in a while hitting wise. And it can get better if we find a replacement for Robbie who is doing ok right now
Jankowski might be better than grossman

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am aware it just looks like her turned the corner to me. He did not look hurt which could easily be the reason for his well known drop off.
Just my speculation
He is 3 for his last 8 so maybe the corner has been turned. He is also 6 for his last 35 with only one extra base hit, so I want to see him well past that possible corner before I begin thinking he needs a promotion.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 3 for his last 8 so maybe the corner has been turned. He is also 6 for his last 35 with only one extra base hit, so I want to see him well past that possible corner before I begin thinking he needs a promotion.
He is ok there still. He is skinny as a rail. Need to fill out

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We try to get better at the break. And try to make it sustainable as opposed to an all in mentality. Do not overpay as if this is our last chance to win a World Series. But yes let’s improve and it is ok to trade
It is even ok to trade MILB position players for MILB pitchers a year away
If we have to give up a high level prospect for a closer then hopefully we can get a younger, but just as high-level of a prospect back in return. For example, some think Walcott may be our best prospect eventually, but he is still very young. If we had to trade Acuna for a closer then have that team send us back someone like a Walcott. We get what some think is the same level we give up, but whose ETA is three or 4 years further down the road. Not that I want to trade Acuna, not at all.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is ok there still. He is skinny as a rail. Need to fill out
His page says he is 6'2" and 190lb. That is the same height for both Taveras and Thompson and they are both within 7 pounds. Does he look markedly thinner than those two?

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those positions you be reversed. I trust Duran’s defense in the outfield more than Robbie’s.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d
until we do keep rolling him out there

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of the few here excited about the grossman signing and I think he’s done his part. I seem to recall some people were ok with running Thompson or smith out there full time and I just didn’t think either were ready for that.

whats ironic is that Grossman might not be long for the lineup anyway despite him holding up his end of the bargain. Duran has burst onto the scene and it feels like a different lineup with him in there. Jankowski also seems to provide a noticeable boost. What happens when Garver gets back?

these are good problems to have that the almost best lineup in the league is so deep, firing on all cylinders, and has more players you want in the lineup than actual spots, but it also puts our front office in the position to make a decision and that prospect has scared me in the past.

I’ve said it before and will say it again that the front office will rue the day that they trade Duran and probably Acura’s little brother. I don’t care if we have to package grossman or garver in a trade, but I feel Duran And acuna should have more of a future here.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one of the few here excited about the grossman signing and I think he’s done his part. I seem to recall some people were ok with running Thompson or smith out there full time and I just didn’t think either were ready for that.

whats ironic is that Grossman might not be long for the lineup anyway despite him holding up his end of the bargain. Duran has burst onto the scene and it feels like a different lineup with him in there. Jankowski also seems to provide a noticeable boost. What happens when Garver gets back?

these are good problems to have that the almost best lineup in the league is so deep, firing on all cylinders, and has more players you want in the lineup than actual spots, but it also puts our front office in the position to make a decision and that prospect has scared me in the past.

I’ve said it before and will say it again that the front office will rue the day that they trade Duran and probably Acura’s little brother. I don’t care if we have to package grossman or garver in a trade, but I feel Duran And acuna should have more of a future here.
He has not been good defensively.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His page says he is 6'2" and 190lb. That is the same height for both Taveras and Thompson and they are both within 7 pounds. Does he look markedly thinner than those two?
To me he does and I was up pretty close. He is wiry but tall. He whips the ball on the swing. Good eye and better than the ump on the strikeout

Worth a trip out

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter has the appearance of a greyhound. Sure he is stronger than his appearance.
Wonder how is speed compares to some others
I think he is faster than Acuna

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez is painting corners