• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Orioles For Three Games July 19-21

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The unofficial second half gets underway. How the Rangers play over the next 7 to 10 days will not only affect what we do at the deadline, but could also affect the next several years.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Twins are looking for a starting pitcher and Heaney was mentioned as a possibility.

The Twins #5 prospect, Luke Keaschall, would interest me. He is a 2B/CF. Of course I would part with a lot more to get Walker Jenkins, but that isn't going to happen. I imagine their #3 guy, Emmanuel Rodriguez, is untouchable too.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From The Prospect Times:

RHP Grant Cherry will be signing with the Texas Rangers as an undrafted free agent out of Long Beach State.

This season he posted a 2-1 win-loss record with a 3.62 ERA over 32.1 innings pitched. He issued 18 walks and struck out 38 batters.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The unofficial second half gets underway. How the Rangers play over the next 7 to 10 days will not only affect what we do at the deadline, but could also affect the next several years.
I believe Texas is going to go 7-3 over the next 10 games, and be within striking distance of the division lead.
The Mariners are, IMO, due to fall off due to a lack of hitting. Additionally, they still have a good opportunity to catch Houston.
If their within striking distance at the deadline they need to make a play for another productive bat.
Getting Mahle and Jung back soon will also be a big lift, IMO.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Texas is going to go 7-3 over the next 10 games, and be within striking distance of the division lead.
The Mariners are, IMO, due to fall off due to a lack of hitting. Additionally, they still have a good opportunity to catch Houston.
If their within striking distance at the deadline they need to make a play for another productive bat.
Getting Mahle and Jung back soon will also be a big lift, IMO.
What —-we may have a chance?
Imagine playing to win at this point !!!

I like it

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like it
What has happened to reality? The way the offense has played, why on earth would anyone believe they are magicly going to turn around ? We have no idea where Jung stands to hitting after returning. Unless they do turn around, then DeGrom and Mahle won't matter either. Reality is a huge hill to climb. Truly hope I am wrong.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has happened to reality? The way the offense has played, why on earth would anyone believe they are magicly going to turn around ? We have no idea where Jung stands to hitting after returning. Unless they do turn around, then DeGrom and Mahle won't matter either. Reality is a huge hill to climb. Truly hope I am wrong.
I think at this stage of the game you just have to go for it but at the same time build for the future.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like it
I could end up looking like a nut if I'm wrong - and I'm cool with it.
I got called a homer by almost every non-Rangers fan I knew last year when I said we were going to beat Houston in the ALCS and take down
Arizona in 5.
Sure, this team has looked apathetic for long stretches this season, but they're not out of it yet, not to mention they looked just as lost towards the end of last year and ended up getting hot, going on a run and winning the WS.
Is it likely to happen again? Of course not, lol.
Should they fold? Not yet.
If they go, say, 3-7 over the next 10 games and are 8 games out then by all means sell and build towards next year.
If they are, say, 2 or 3 games out and are showing some life, especially at the plate? Go for it.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see, my friend.
Hope you had a good July 4th, btw.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the Rays will get a new stadium.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Garcia shown. He’s coming out of the season long slump he’s been in.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the pitching in the world is not going to help the offense. I would like them to trade Lowe and put Seagar at first, and Smith at shortstop.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of draft pick signings today, but nothing more from the Rangers. The Angels signed 8 players and 6 were under slot value, some were way under.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Josh Jung and Evan Carter out running bases at Globe Life Field. Often a forebearer of a rehab assignment.