• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Orioles For Three Games July 19-21

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do to. Just thinking of away to get Smith in the lineup once Jung gets back. Smith might be possibly better defensively.
I think Taveras goes to the bench if and when Jung and Carter get back.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Taveras goes to the bench if and when Jung and Carter get back.
Stil want a stronger bench. Prefer Traveras over Grossman and Jankowski but really like two better guys if FA or bring Duran back.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Josh Jung said he took front flips today in the cage pain-free. He also ran, took grounders and threw. He said he isn't putting a target date on his return.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has happened to reality? The way the offense has played, why on earth would anyone believe they are magicly going to turn around ? We have no idea where Jung stands to hitting after returning. Unless they do turn around, then DeGrom and Mahle won't matter either. Reality is a huge hill to climb. Truly hope I am wrong.
I am not sure anyone has cornered the market on reality
My comment is an reaction to we are doomed this year so we best sell

Funny thing is if all our pitchers come back strong and quick maybe we do move a pitcher we do t have room for
I am in wait and see mood until month end

Rangers playing it close to the best with Jung and Carter visible but no timeline

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Texas Rangers PR:

Probable pitching matchups for this weekend's series against the Baltimore Orioles:

Fri. - RHP Nathan Eovaldi vs. RHP Corbin Burnes
Sat. - RHP Max Scherzer vs. RHP Grayson Rodriguez
Sun. - LHP Andrew Heaney vs. RHP Dean Kremer

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment is an reaction to we are doomed this year so we best sell
What reaction do you have for, if we don't show improvement we might as well sell to greatly improve our chances between 2025 and 2030?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine the decision to buy or sell will be made with at least 48 hours to go before the deadline. The deadline is July 30 at 5:00 PM CDST. That means there are 10 games left to make a decision.

7-10 wins means we are buyers

1-3 wins probably means we are sellers

4-6 wins just muddies the waters. Then it would depend on what the teams we are chasing do. That is what I hope does not happen.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What reaction do you have for, if we don't show improvement we might as well sell to greatly improve our chances between 2025 and 2030?
Of course fine get worse why it sell but it’s like most here think we are dead in the water

I guess an unpopular opinion on my part
I said before give it to the end of thrnnonth. It that does not fit “reality”. lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course fine get worse why it sell but it’s like most here think we are dead in the water

I guess an unpopular opinion on my part
I said before give it to the end of thrnnonth. It that does not fit “reality”. lol
I think waiting a week and a half to decide is the most popular opinion there is. That one would be followed by "we have to be buyers" no matter what.

Now, a separate issue and opinion is what we will probably do in the next 10 days. That one I have no idea about, but I am not anticipating us doing well. But then, I am not anticipating us playing poorly either. Who knows with this team.

I do think this team is what they have shown they are, and that over the course of the rest of the regular season they will continue to struggle for several days at a time. They will also play great for awhile at times.

I do believe, with the talent we have to put on the trading block, that even if we are sellers, there is great cause for optimism for 2025 amd beyond.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Scott Lucas:

Brock Porter pitched in AZ. Walked 3, hit 2 in 2.2. 1 SO, a hit, 3 runs.