• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Orioles For Three Games July 19-21

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Yates
Eovaldi and Yates are going to be traded. I'd like to keep them too but they are gone. In fact Eovaldi's last start as a Ranger will be this Wednesday vs Chicago. And he will dominate.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really trust CY to handle this deadline well. Especially dealing with the Dodgers. They fleece everyone they trade with (Willie Calhoun for starters) and CY would suffer the same fate.
We don't do very well with KC either.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you rather aquire than Yates if we could sign could him. I understand we need to sell if we can but one or two guys we really need to keep if possible or we can be set back for a long time.
I want to see Grossman Taveras Ski Hill gone any way possible. Next is Lowe Garcia and Knizer if we get something decent in return.
Not trading Yates doesn't mean he will stay. Just remember Montgomery. Trading Yates doesn't mean we can't try to sign him. I imagine he has priced himself out if CY's value for a relief pitch already, though. Get something for him instead of him walking away.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no guarantee that CY has any intention of getting rid of any veterans who won't be free agents at the end of the year.

In fact, we have no idea that CY will sell at all, even if we are 7 games out. He may not have the stomach for it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list of Rangers players over the last 10 years, who were eligible to become free agents, but who the Rangers signed before they hit free agency is very small. I really don't remember any, but there must have been at least one. It almost never happens. If guys are scheduled to be free agents at the end of this year, then history tells us they will do just that. Keeping them until the end of the year doesn't mean they will be here next year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CY should ask Yates two questions
1. Will you stay if your terms are met?
2. What are your terms?
Do not let him walk without trying to retain him. Would be silly to do that. Make the effort. Nothing ventured,nothing gained.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they keep him then it’s not a total sell off and they are hoping who’s left and who’s coming back can take them to the post season.
We have to many scraps on this team we probably will lose anyway but not in trade.
Example: Grossman. We must make room for better bench players. Not many buyers are wanting Grossman Leody Jankowski and the like. Let them walk or DFA.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list of Rangers players over the last 10 years, who were eligible to become free agents, but who the Rangers signed before they hit free agency is very small. I really don't remember any, but there must have been at least one. It almost never happens. If guys are scheduled to be free agents at the end of this year, then history tells us they will do just that. Keeping them until the end of the year doesn't mean they will be here next year.
I was going to say the idea of trading a player with hopes of resigning him has been slim to none for the Rangers.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say the idea of trading a player with hopes of resigning him has been slim to none for the Rangers.
I agree but unless we try and extend them we will never know.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but unless we try and extend them we will never know.
For some reason we don't seem to try and do that but we have some very decent players that it would be worth trying like Eovaldi and Yates.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason we don't seem to try and do that but we have some very decent players that it would be worth trying like Eovaldi and Yates.
Iv'e said that several times. You are the only response. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. May not be affortable but who knows. Hope for the best.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iv'e said that several times. You are the only response. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. May not be affortable but who knows. Hope for the best.
with Evoldi we keep him he throws another 57 innings and a vested $20M option kicks in for 2025. and i agree about trying to extend Yates

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time they tried to do that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Scott Lucas:

Jack Leiter done. 4.2, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 7 SO. 81 pitches, 48 strikes. 14 misses, mostly FB, which he emphasized heavily having missed last turn thru rotation. Only 1 BIP >95, a high flyout. You may notice a pattern on the FBs that missed (all batters were right-handed.)

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from CBS Sports

Rangers want to add bat, reliever​

player headshot

team logo
Josh Jung
TEX • 3B • #6
BA0.412
R5
HR2
RBI6
SB1
View Profile
Despite being 49-52, the Rangers are only three games out in the AL West, and they would like to add a bat and perhaps a reliever with long-term control at the deadline, reports The Athletic. Texas could move rental starter Michael Lorenzen, maybe even Jon Gray, though they are reportedly less inclined to deal Andrew Heaney and postseason stalwart Nathan Eovaldi.

Third baseman Josh Jung, who has not played since an errant pitch broke his wrist in the fourth game of the season, is inching closer to a return and will provide a lineup boost. Even then, the Rangers could use a big DH bat since Josh Smith, who is filling in at third for Jung, is versatile enough to play almost anywhere. Texas ranks 17th in runs scored per game.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from CBS Sports

Rangers want to add bat, reliever​

player headshot

team logo
Josh Jung
TEX • 3B • #6
BA0.412
R5
HR2
RBI6
SB1
View Profile
Despite being 49-52, the Rangers are only three games out in the AL West, and they would like to add a bat and perhaps a reliever with long-term control at the deadline, reports The Athletic. Texas could move rental starter Michael Lorenzen, maybe even Jon Gray, though they are reportedly less inclined to deal Andrew Heaney and postseason stalwart Nathan Eovaldi.

Third baseman Josh Jung, who has not played since an errant pitch broke his wrist in the fourth game of the season, is inching closer to a return and will provide a lineup boost. Even then, the Rangers could use a big DH bat since Josh Smith, who is filling in at third for Jung, is versatile enough to play almost anywhere. Texas ranks 17th in runs scored per game.
sell, sell, sell