• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Orioles For Three Games July 19-21

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the minors, Winston Santos and Jack Leiter pitch today.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an article by Bob Nightengale about the trade deadline:

Are the Rangers playing Texas Hold ‘Em or can you really bid on starters with glossy playoff résumés like Max Scherzer and Nathan Eovaldi?...

Never has there been seen so much uncertainty this close to the trade deadline, several executives say, with teams literally waiting until the final few hours before the July 30 deadline whether they plan to be buyers or sellers.

With just very few exceptions right now, almost everybody is in a hold," Jerry Dipoto, Mariners president of baseball operations, said on Seattle radio Wednesday. "Because what you see when you pick up the paper and look at the standings, or flip on a site and check out where teams stand, almost everybody in baseball is within three games of a playoff spot it seems. …

"There are a lot of teams that have a chance at the halfway mark, and that’s going to make the trade deadline a little more complicated than it usually is."

Indeed, there are only five teams who are really out of playoff contention right now: the Chicago White Sox, Colorado Rockies, Miami Marlins, Oakland Athletics and Los Angeles Angels.

So how can you really buy when there’s no inventory?

"I think we’re going to see teams just stand pat and go with what they have," one National League executive said. "The asking price is so high, you may be better off just staying pat and taking your chances."

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an article by Bob Nightengale about the trade deadline:

Are the Rangers playing Texas Hold ‘Em or can you really bid on starters with glossy playoff résumés like Max Scherzer and Nathan Eovaldi?...

Never has there been seen so much uncertainty this close to the trade deadline, several executives say, with teams literally waiting until the final few hours before the July 30 deadline whether they plan to be buyers or sellers.

With just very few exceptions right now, almost everybody is in a hold," Jerry Dipoto, Mariners president of baseball operations, said on Seattle radio Wednesday. "Because what you see when you pick up the paper and look at the standings, or flip on a site and check out where teams stand, almost everybody in baseball is within three games of a playoff spot it seems. …

"There are a lot of teams that have a chance at the halfway mark, and that’s going to make the trade deadline a little more complicated than it usually is."

Indeed, there are only five teams who are really out of playoff contention right now: the Chicago White Sox, Colorado Rockies, Miami Marlins, Oakland Athletics and Los Angeles Angels.

So how can you really buy when there’s no inventory?

"I think we’re going to see teams just stand pat and go with what they have," one National League executive said. "The asking price is so high, you may be better off just staying pat and taking your chances."
We will lose FA's most likely years end so why not get what we can if we are sellers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will lose FA's most likely years end so why not get what we can if we are sellers.
I agree as long as we get something good for them.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
some of the trade rumors i am hearing:

Heaney and Lorenzen to Cleveland for Will Dion LHP plus 1 prospect

Evoldi and Grossman to St. Louis for Victor Scott OF, Cooper Hjerpe LHP & Zack Showalter RHP

Yates and Robertson to Philadelphia for 1 prospect

Adolis Garcia & cash to Atlanta for Darius Vines RHP & Isaiah Drake OF
Split Heaney and Lorenzen up. CJ Kayfus sounds better to me as Lowe’s replacement for one of them.

Can get a lot more from the Dodgers for Yates and Robertson. They blew the Dodgers away.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Split Heaney and Lorenzen up. CJ Kayfus sounds better to me as Lowe’s replacement for one of them.

Can get a lot more from the Dodgers for Yates and Robertson. They blew the Dodgers away.
Be reminded that you have to replace those types too and a closer is very difficult. Not careful we can easly trade ourselves to the cellar for a long time.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

these weren't my creations

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be reminded that you have to replace those types too and a closer is very difficult. Not careful we can easly trade ourselves to the cellar for a long time.
They are all free after this year anyway.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might resign some.
Yeah, but we can do that whether we trade them or not. Also, there will be lots of other choices to sign as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but we can do that whether we trade them or not. Also, there will be lots of other choices to sign as well.
Who would you rather aquire than Yates if we could sign could him. I understand we need to sell if we can but one or two guys we really need to keep if possible or we can be set back for a long time.
I want to see Grossman Taveras Ski Hill gone any way possible. Next is Lowe Garcia and Knizer if we get something decent in return.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really trust CY to handle this deadline well. Especially dealing with the Dodgers. They fleece everyone they trade with (Willie Calhoun for starters) and CY would suffer the same fate.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to much dead wood nobody will want. Clear the bench anyway possible. When we lost Duran to AAA and Smith to a starter, our bench diappeared. That hurt us bad. Grossman and Ski to pinch hit is pitiful. Add to the bench. We need it.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaney doing a fine job thru 5.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid question. I know our CF, and 1st baseman are pretty much gone at years end, but what are they worth today? And this is a little off track of what you're talking about but isn't it past time to sit our RF down?