• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Orioles For Three Games July 19-21

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if Scherzer will still want to stay after Eovaldi, Yates, Lorenzen and Heaney are traded.
I don’t think he’ll wait for them to be traded. Once he feels it’s over here he’ll sign off on a trade for a chance to get another ring. He may be the first to go if the deal is right.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dane Dunning has thrown 3 scoreless innings for Round Rock so far, tonight.
Dunning went three innings and only allowed one baserunner on a walk. He struck put 3 in those 3 innings.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Wison mentioned that case Lee, The Viper, is well and pitching again for Round Rock. He could be in our bullpen next year. If he hadn't have gotten injured, he might be up here now.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Texas Rangers the most disappointing team in mlb this year considering they won it all last season?

If not us then who would be?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, all of the many injuries mitigates some of the disappointment I might usually have in a season like this.

I never expected nearly as much out of Taveras as others have. Heim and Garcia have been disappointing, but even they are not overwhelmingly disappointing to me like they might be to some others.

When I first wrote up the narrative for last offseason's thread, I did so a few days before the regar season ended, not knowing that we would make the postseason. In that writeup, I suggested Garcia be traded to feee up some money for relievers. Of course, he became a postseason hero, so I edited that part out. And, even though I like Jonah, it seemed to me he was a tad bit overrated by some fans, so he hasn't been overwhelmingly disappointing to me because I didn't expect as much as some have.

Even with Semien, I warned when we first signed him, that he had been up and down in his career. I expect years like this from him every couple of years or so.

I think the injuries to Jung and Carter and Foscue really hurt the offense.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer is battling arm fatigue and had to come out to keep from risking further injury.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer probably won’t pitch against ChiSox

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since mid-June the Astros have gone from 2.5 games behind us to 6 games in front of us. That is an 8.5 game swing in about 5 weeks. Five weeks from now we could be 14.5 games out, if things continue like they have.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell sell sell and come back at it again in 2025 with a hopefully healthy and ready to go team.

just hope we actually get some useful pieces unlike the last few times we were sellers. Main notable exception is the Joey gallo trade.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, all of the many injuries mitigates some of the disappointment I might usually have in a season like this.

I never expected nearly as much out of Taveras as others have. Heim and Garcia have been disappointing, but even they are not overwhelmingly disappointing to me like they might be to some others.

When I first wrote up the narrative for last offseason's thread, I did so a few days before the regar season ended, not knowing that we would make the postseason. In that writeup, I suggested Garcia be traded to feee up some money for relievers. Of course, he became a postseason hero, so I edited that part out. And, even though I like Jonah, it seemed to me he was a tad bit overrated by some fans, so he hasn't been overwhelmingly disappointing to me because I didn't expect as much as some have.

Even with Semien, I warned when we first signed him, that he had been up and down in his career. I expect years like this from him every couple of years or so.

As a whole, the offense suffered. So many injuries became a mental hopelessness. imo

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell sell sell and come back at it again in 2025 with a hopefully healthy and ready to go team.

just hope we actually get some useful pieces unlike the last few times we were sellers. Main notable exception is the Joey gallo trade.
most of what we might trade are rentals that are not going to bring anything in return that would be useful. point in fact: supposedly Cleveland is interested in Heaney and Lorenzen but the article only mentioned 1 pitcher coming to us and he has been pitching to a nearly 7 ERA in the minors

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

never expected much out of Taveras. decent defender poor offense. the big issue with this team has been an almost non-existent offense from top to bottom of the batting order and CY's obsession with Knizner, Grossman, etc. and too much was put on the shoulders of the kids like Langford, Carter. etc.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of the trade rumors i am hearing:

Heaney and Lorenzen to Cleveland for Will Dion LHP plus 1 prospect

Evoldi and Grossman to St. Louis for Victor Scott OF, Cooper Hjerpe LHP & Zack Showalter RHP

Yates and Robertson to Philadelphia for 1 prospect

Adolis Garcia & cash to Atlanta for Darius Vines RHP & Isaiah Drake OF

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Carlos Collazo:

The #Rangers signed 4th rounder David Hagaman for $515,000. Slot value for the 133rd pick is $530,400.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Shawn McFarland:

Starting pitchers for Rangers/White Sox:

Monday: Lorenzen/Fedde
Tuesday: Gray/Crochet
Wednesday: Eovaldi/Flexen
Thursday: TBA/Cannon

Thursday would be Scherzer’s spot in the rotation. They could opt to push it back if his arm fatigue hasn’t recovered.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More from Shawn McFarland:

Assorted notes from this morning’s Bruce Bochy availability:

• Josh Jung “looks good, the strength is back” and is getting close to facing live pitching

• Dane Dunning “looks ready” after last night’s rehab game

• Max Scherzer (arm fatigue) is effectively day-to-day

Josh Jung took BP and hit off of a machine today at Globe Life Field.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Texas Rangers PR:

Rangers transactions for Sunday:

- RHP Gerson Garabito (#58) recalled from Round Rock (AAA).
- RHP Daniel Robert optioned to Round Rock (AAA).