• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Oakland Aug 24-27

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everything goes right when do you guys think our window of having a chance at going to the WS begins? By everything, I am including developing players and signing some good to great free agents, a couple per offseason. Surely not next year and highly doubtful for 2022. I coukd see an optimist saying 2022. That might be a year too early for even an optimist though.

If we can make it 2022 or 2023, then it doesn't matter how bad we are in 2021, if doing so helps us in those other years. I mean, I am willing to trade one or two wins per month in 2021 for a better shot later on. So, I am willing to trade Lynn of the return helps us in the long run.

Of course, I know that nothing we get in trade is guaranteed. Standing pat is guaranteed though. Standing pat guarantees us of not trying to help our future out. It guarantees us of status quo.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everything goes right when do you guys think our window of having a chance at going to the WS begins? By everything, I am including developing players and signing some good to great free agents, a couple per offseason. Surely not next year and highly doubtful for 2022. I coukd see an optimist saying 2022. That might be a year too early for even an optimist though.

If we can make it 2022 or 2023, then it doesn't matter how bad we are in 2021, if doing so helps us in those other years. I mean, I am willing to trade one or two wins per month in 2021 for a better shot later on. So, I am willing to trade Lynn of the return helps us in the long run.

Of course, I know that nothing we get in trade is guaranteed. Standing pat is guaranteed though. Standing pat guarantees us of not trying to help our future out. It guarantees of of status quo.
2 or 3 years ago we seem to have had this same conversation and at that time we were talking 2020 or 2021 as being the target years. all we seem to be doing is constantly moving the target year every season

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, a pretty good shortstop and 2 years of a very good closer?
as long as the return is extremely top heavy in our favor. if we are going to start over again for the umpteen year we might as well load up

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 or 3 years ago we seem to have had this same conversation and at that time we were talking 2020 or 2021 as being the target years. all we seem to be doing is constantly moving the target year every season
I can't help that, and that doesn't change where we are as a team right now.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as the return is extremely top heavy in our favor. if we are going to start over again for the umpteen year we might as well load up
We are pretty much starting over if we work out a trade for Lynn or not aren't we? I just want to start over the right way.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course, I know that nothing we get in trade is guaranteed. Standing pat is guaranteed though. Standing pat guarantees us of not trying to help our future out. It guarantees us of status quo.

Tell me what the owners are going to do. Until they make a move there is no way to know if we will make that kind of a move toward a WS. We do not even know if these owners even care about a WS or just making a profit with low risk. We have seen many teams go years without winning as long as they fill the seats with a low investment.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are pretty much starting over if we work out a trade for Lynn or not aren't we? I just want to start over the right way.
how many years in a row are you going to say this?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do trade Lynn he could be the best pitcher we have traded at the deadline since Rick Honeycutt in 1983.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me what the owners are going to do. Until they make a move there is no way to know if we will make that kind of a move toward a WS. We do not even know if these owners even care about a WS or just making a profit with low risk. We have seen many teams go years without winning as long as they fill the seats with a low investment.
and this is what we have done for years. JD and the ownership have played us this way for years and nothing is going to change

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, we have a chance to be better a year or two down the line if we trade Lynn than we do if we stand pat. I am just saying what I hope happens right now. It is either hope for the best or quit following the team altogether.

I also hope the owners sell and the new ownership hires a new GM.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, we have a chance to be better a year or two down the line if we trade Lynn than we do if we stand pat. I am just saying what I hope happens right now. It is either hope for the best or quit following the team altogether.

I also hope the owners sell and the new ownership hires a new GM.
I'll always hope but reality is hoping for new owners is the best chance. As I stated earlier, I do not care which way we go concerning Lynn if we better the team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand where you are coming from and in a perfect world I would say make the trade if it would really add value for the future but I really have a hard time trusting our management to put the squeeze on someone and get value in return.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where you are coming from and in a perfect world I would say make the trade if it would really add value for the future but I really have a hard time trusting our management to put the squeeze on someone and get value in return.
We did when we traded for Solak just a year ago.