• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Oakland Aug 24-27

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have anyone playing well enough to be the team leader?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD on Odor:

"The contract at this point is not really relevant to whether he’s playing. It more of the idea that quite frankly there isn’t an alternative that’s really ready that we feel is more likely to produce. He gives us the best option.

That speaks to me doing a better job of creating more competition and options for the staff to work with. He is not performing at a level that he needs to to be in there every single day. At the same time, he can’t get better if he’s not playing.”

What about Nick Solak?
Nick Solak was a second baseman in the Minor Leagues but has been used in the outfield this season.

“That may be a consideration down the line, but Nick is in the lineup, as well,” Daniels said. “It’s not Nick vs. Rougie for those at-bats. They are both playing.”'

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe what JD said about Odor. The only reason there isn't competition for 2B is because they moved Solak to get him in the lineup. We have no lack of OF candidates who need a look. Put Solak or Santana at 2B and sit Odor on the bench. He is just making excuses.

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD on Odor:

"The contract at this point is not really relevant to whether he’s playing. It more of the idea that quite frankly there isn’t an alternative that’s really ready that we feel is more likely to produce. He gives us the best option.

That speaks to me doing a better job of creating more competition and options for the staff to work with. He is not performing at a level that he needs to to be in there every single day. At the same time, he can’t get better if he’s not playing.”

What about Nick Solak?
Nick Solak was a second baseman in the Minor Leagues but has been used in the outfield this season.

“That may be a consideration down the line, but Nick is in the lineup, as well,” Daniels said. “It’s not Nick vs. Rougie for those at-bats. They are both playing.”'
That tells it all. JD has to go.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez really has some stuff. Good looking kid

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe what JD said about Odor. The only reason there isn't competition for 2B is because they moved Solak to get him in the lineup. We have no lack of OF candidates who need a look. Put Solak or Santana at 2B and sit Odor on the bench. He is just making excuses.
JD just said what we already knew. Odor is going to play no matter what. Sick!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible AB Chirinos:gaah:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD on Odor:

What about Nick Solak?

We call that covering your you know whattie. I was all for Odor playing because we did not have an alternative UNTIL Solak came. It is really hard to see if you can groom a guy for that position if you refuse to play him there.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WIN.....much better showing

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD on Odor:

What about Nick Solak?

fire this idiot now. Please.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much interest in posting tonight:nono:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that Darvish and Diekman are doing very well. Glad to see that as I have nothing against those guys.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have Dietrich who can play 2B. And Anderson Tejada

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JD sounds like a complete moron. The first paragraph is just crazy. As bad as Oder is, a three leg camel would be better. All JD is doing is trying to save face and finding it difficult to do.

Also I find it comical that he thinks playing Oder will make him better. How much time does he think he will need? LOL

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if management is still unsure on whether they should be sellers or not? Do they need to lose X amount of games over the next week to convince them? Or, are they already convinced?