• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers hope to revive offense at home vs A's 8/15-8/17

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering when the "magic number" will come into play.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you send him out there at 98 pitches, you know he didnt need to thrown many more than that anyway. Why not start the inning w a new pitcher, don't care about the matchup

Just trying to push him a little

People complain when he doesn't throw enough pitches, then people complain when he throws too many pitches, no winning here it seems

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry Francona is a weird dude. The Indians gave up a LOT to get Andrew Miller, one of the best relievers in baseball. Everyone assumed Miller would be the closer since he did so well in that role for the Yankees and since their old closer Allen wasn't all that special.

So what does Francona do? He uses Miller as a floater in the bullpen, everywhere from the 6th inning to the 8th inning, but not as closer. And Allen just gave up a grand slam in the 9th and blew the save for the Indians.

Why do managers outsmart themselves? It's almost like obvious solutions bother them so they try to think of something better. Miller is absolutely lights out. He should be their closer.

Isn't that how many people here want Banny to use the bullpen? Pitch the best pitcher in the highest leverage situations and do away with traditionally defined roles?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People complain when he doesn't throw enough pitches, then people complain when he throws too many pitches, no winning here it seems

The people who would complain about a guy coming back from TJS throwing too little pitches can lick my hairy ass crack. Mike Rhyner can be the first one in line for that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that how many people here want Banny to use the bullpen? Pitch the best pitcher in the highest leverage situations and do away with traditionally defined roles?
That's how it should be done. I like how he's been using Bush lately btw.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see any reason to complain about him not throwing enough pitches, he generally doesn't have a problem w that. I just don't see why w a 4 run lead you need to try and push him over 98 when you probably aren't going to let him go past 100-105 anyway. No need to even warm him up for the 8th, he had done his job

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people who would complain about a guy coming back from TJS throwing too little pitches can lick my hairy ass crack. Mike Rhyner can be the first one in line for that.

I was speaking about this board mostly

But its a good idea to have guys come out and see if they can get a 3 up and 3 down, if not, have a guy ready to go

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was speaking about this board mostly

But its a good idea to have guys come out and see if they can get a 3 up and 3 down, if not, have a guy ready to go

I woulda just rolled with Diek and Bush without Yu coming back out, but maybe Yu wanted to try for another and Banny thought he earned it?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any reason to complain about him not throwing enough pitches, he generally doesn't have a problem w that. I just don't see why w a 4 run lead you need to try and push him over 98 when you probably aren't going to let him go past 100-105 anyway. No need to even warm him up for the 8th, he had done his job

I just don't see how its idiotic, he's trying to build him back up, that means he has to be pushed a little, 98 pitches is a good place to push him over 100 if he doesn't give up anything

He did and was immediately pulled, that's the way it should be

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how its idiotic, he's trying to build him back up, that means he has to be pushed a little, 98 pitches is a good place to push him over 100 if he doesn't give up anything

Build him back up to what? He's pitching incredibly. They didn't need him to go 9 innings tonight. They have an off day tomorrow.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Johns
@GregJohnsMLB
Mariners get no help again from A's as Texas wins 6-2 to open seven-game lead in AL West. Jane Lee on Twitter
MeAndClaudia_normal.jpg

BooHoo!

crying-emoticon-293.png

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry Francona is a weird dude. The Indians gave up a LOT to get Andrew Miller, one of the best relievers in baseball. Everyone assumed Miller would be the closer since he did so well in that role for the Yankees and since their old closer Allen wasn't all that special.

So what does Francona do? He uses Miller as a floater in the bullpen, everywhere from the 6th inning to the 8th inning, but not as closer. And Allen just gave up a grand slam in the 9th and blew the save for the Indians.

Why do managers outsmart themselves? It's almost like obvious solutions bother them so they try to think of something better. Miller is absolutely lights out. He should be their closer.

Yes know all about Cody Allen giving up the GS. He posted a nice stinking 135 ERA for my fantasy team.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Build him back up to what? He's pitching incredibly. They didn't need him to go 9 innings tonight. They have an off day tomorrow.

Just a couple weeks ago he was barely going 80 pitches, he was also pitching great then

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wastin said idiotic not me. I just thought Diek was ready and should have gotten the 8th, there is plenty of time left to push Darvish over 100 pitches but again this year I would think he shouldn't throw more than about 115 anyway. No reason to take any unnecessary chances

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw SF Giants are an MLB worst 9-21 since the ASB, just shows how things change fairly quickly in MLB

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense still couldn't get it done against a SP early, but broke it open in the 5th. Where is Magadan to use as a scapegoat for the offense?