• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers hope to revive offense at home vs A's 8/15-8/17

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the main one complaining about Banny not letting the starters go more than about 85-90 pitches a few weeks ago. I believe that was prior to Yu coming back and I wouldn't have included him anyway.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the main one complaining about Banny not letting the starters go more than about 85-90 pitches a few weeks ago. I believe that was prior to Yu coming back and I wouldn't have included him anyway.

I think that may have been during one of Cole's starts and I said the longer we get into the season I think he will let him go deeper. Since the ASB I think Cole has gone over 115 and 123 in 2 separate starts maybe? I just think each situation and pitcher is completely different and Yu should be right at 100 if he has a pitch count. That and i sort of prefer starting innings with fresh guys if it works out that way vs having to bring guys in after guys get on base. It won't change tomorrow cause we don't play, but the next day my opinion could change again? :D JK

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Anibal Sanchez, we haven't been able to hit starting pitching since the start of July. The first 4-5 innings are more often than not brutal to watch, as our hitters quickly go down in order. It doesn't matter if it's an ace or a total spare we're facing, 0-1 runs scored has become the new norm for this offense against starters.

Relievers are a whole different matter, though. We batter them pretty badly.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of Anibal Sanchez, we haven't been able to hit starting pitching since the start of July. The first 4-5 innings are more often than not brutal to watch, as our hitters quickly go down in order. It doesn't matter if it's an ace or a total spare we're facing, 0-1 runs scored has become the new norm for this offense against starters.

Relievers are a whole different matter, though. We batter them pretty badly.

They got to Detwiler two nights ago for 5 runs and they chased Manaea tonight and got 5 ER on him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucroy makes Chirinos look like a tee ball catcher :D
I wonder if Chirinos will be able to learn from Lucroy. Chirinos is still fairly new at catching so maybe Lucroy can help him to become a better catcher.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that may have been during one of Cole's starts and I said the longer we get into the season I think he will let him go deeper. Since the ASB I think Cole has gone over 115 and 123 in 2 separate starts maybe? I just think each situation and pitcher is completely different and Yu should be right at 100 if he has a pitch count. That and i sort of prefer starting innings with fresh guys if it works out that way vs having to bring guys in after guys get on base. It won't change tomorrow cause we don't play, but the next day my opinion could change again? :D JK
I think I did mention it during or after a Hamels start and also once when Perez was removed a little early.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Chirinos will be able to learn from Lucroy. Chirinos is still fairly new at catching so maybe Lucroy can help him to become a better catcher.

Possibly if Chirinos ability affords him that. He can definitely improve but he won't have the athletic ability Lucroy has to block balls or be nearly as good as Jonathan is defensively

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly if Chirinos ability affords him that. He can definitely improve but he won't have the athletic ability Lucroy has to block balls or be nearly as good as Jonathan is defensively
I also wouldn't mind Nicholas getting a chance to learn from Lucroy at some point in the future.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wouldn't mind Nicholas getting a chance to learn from Lucroy at some point in the future.

Id rather see what Brett has down the stretch than see Chirinos anymore

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people need to admit I was right about putting Delino in lead off ( for one game anyway). The line up seemed to do much better tonight.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wastin said idiotic not me. I just thought Diek was ready and should have gotten the 8th, there is plenty of time left to push Darvish over 100 pitches but again this year I would think he shouldn't throw more than about 115 anyway. No reason to take any unnecessary chances

Wasn't indicating anyone in particular said it

If a pitcher is at 90ish pitches, I almost always think they should pitch the next inning if they say or think they can, but keep them on a short leash and have someone ready in case anyone gets on

My point was, it wasn't a move to be overly critical of

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people need to admit I was right about putting Delino in lead off ( for one game anyway). The line up seemed to do much better tonight.
Good job Crawler.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blind squirrels will sometimes find a nut. The question is...who is the blind squirrel and who is the nut?

I think loading the lineup with right handed hitters was a pretty decent idea against a guy like Manaea.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure Chirinos would learn anything from Lucroy or wants to. I am with the rest of seeing what Brett could do. Chirinos has some power but that average below .200 is a killer on top of being a mediocre catcher.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt like Desmond was starting to look a little better the other night including a rocket for an out to the LFer. So hopefully he is getting back into a groove. Now still need Profar to snap out of his slide.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On first meeting Jeff Banister, during 2014 Brewers-Pirates brawl:

Lucroy: He was with the Pirates, they were in our division so we ran into him a lot. I always had a lot of respect for him, never really talked to him but always heard really cool things. I remember one time we had clear tension with them. That Carlos Gomez fight a couple years ago, we cleared benches and he came up and grabbed me and said "Easy, Luc, easy" in his real deep voice and I was like hey, I'll let other guys get after him. That's the first time I interacted with him. ... It's kind of funny now to think about.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On first meeting Jeff Banister, during 2014 Brewers-Pirates brawl:

Lucroy: He was with the Pirates, they were in our division so we ran into him a lot. I always had a lot of respect for him, never really talked to him but always heard really cool things. I remember one time we had clear tension with them. That Carlos Gomez fight a couple years ago, we cleared benches and he came up and grabbed me and said "Easy, Luc, easy" in his real deep voice and I was like hey, I'll let other guys get after him. That's the first time I interacted with him. ... It's kind of funny now to think about.
I heard this when they were interviewing him on 105.3 a couple of days ago.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good piece.

"I think one of my strengths is that I'm able to make adjustments," Darvish said through a translator. "But, with Lucroy, we are always on the same page and it's easy to do it. That's what we did tonight. ... He works and studies so hard, it gives me so much confidence. There is an extreme trust that I feel out there."

Baseball stiffy: activated.