• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers close out June with 3 in KC: TEX @ KC 6/27-9

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based off the amount of position player talent we have coming up, I’d be ok with trading Lowe plus for a very good starter. But definitely wouldn’t want a scrub for him.
Yep. It would depend on what kind of return they could get.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals are good for what ails a team. At least they are while you are playing them.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, got it switched to Seager.
Let’s see if this helps at all

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. I will say that at some point I believe Texas will need to take advantage of having an excess of talented infielders in a trade for a top of the rotation pitcher.
I really like Perez and wouldn't mind seeing him sign a two- to three year extension and Gray seems to be pretty good, but I'm not sold on Dunning as anything more than a #5 starter, not sure what to make of Otto. I know Leiter and Winn are presumably going to be part of this rotation within the next two years but I don't want to just plan the future rotation around them, though, in case one of them doesn't pan out.
Otto has done well overall. Will have to see if he gets back in a groove after that covid time off. As for Leiter he needs to get it together with his control. Supposedly it's harder to walk guys in the minors than majors because walking doesn't usually get position players to the big leagues.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would take Lowe and 2 or 3 quality prospects to get a good or quality starter back. which prospects would you be willing to give up?

That probably still doesn't getting you a TORP type. You probably have to send a guy like Adolis and 3 prospects for a guy that is a top of the rotation type and he still won't be a #1 starter. Teams dont let those go

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we have a back up catcher now, I would like to see Garver put on IL and bring Huff up to DH. He could also play 1B and Lowe could DH. This is a rebuild and Garver makes little sense taking up a position that adds nothing to the rebuild.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That probably still doesn't getting you a TORP type. You probably have to send a guy like Adolis and 3 prospects for a guy that is a top of the rotation type and he still won't be a #1 starter. Teams dont let those go
and it defeats the plan. we don't intend to be competitive at this time so continue with it and implement needed changes in accordance with it

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency is probably the best route for an ace or a #2 starter. Trading away a veteran and a prospect for a better prospect that can come in and be a middle of the rotation type is about the best to hope for if we trade for a pitcher. I don't mind giving up a prospect or two for a better pitching prospect who is close to coming up to the big leagues.

The last thing we need to do is package together several prospects for a guy who is going to free agency within a couple of years.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, we could always go the 2010 route and wait until we are poised to make a World Series run and then trade for an ace at that trade deadline. Load up on good pitching and then make that final move for an ace during the season. A rental in that instance is fine, but not now. Not even a longer term rental(1 to 2 years) is needed now.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

The Rangers could add a controllable young player; there should be a solid market of starting pitching available. They could trade off some pieces. They could do both. July 31 is still a relatively long way away.

"Some of the landscape will be dictated by the standings,” Daniels said Monday. “But we’re at a point right now where the philosophy is ‘Let’s make baseball deals.’ We’d like to support the club, help them push for a playoff spot. That’s our short-term mindset, but we’re going to be looking for long-term fits. If we can get better this year and help define our core for the future, that would be ideal."

The Rangers have been sellers at the deadline in each of the last two years, peeling off veterans Mike Minor, Robinson Chirinos, Todd Frazier, Kyle Gibson, Ian Kennedy and Joey Gallo. That was all part of the “teardown” stage of their rebuild.

The Rangers feel they are past that stage, but they’ve also got some veterans on this team that could become superfluous, particularly outfielders Kole Calhoun and Brad Miller.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

The Rangers could add a controllable young player; there should be a solid market of starting pitching available. They could trade off some pieces. They could do both. July 31 is still a relatively long way away.

"Some of the landscape will be dictated by the standings,” Daniels said Monday. “But we’re at a point right now where the philosophy is ‘Let’s make baseball deals.’ We’d like to support the club, help them push for a playoff spot. That’s our short-term mindset, but we’re going to be looking for long-term fits. If we can get better this year and help define our core for the future, that would be ideal."

The Rangers have been sellers at the deadline in each of the last two years, peeling off veterans Mike Minor, Robinson Chirinos, Todd Frazier, Kyle Gibson, Ian Kennedy and Joey Gallo. That was all part of the “teardown” stage of their rebuild.

The Rangers feel they are past that stage, but they’ve also got some veterans on this team that could become superfluous, particularly outfielders Kole Calhoun and Brad Miller.

I wonder if the "short-term" stuff is just food for the people who think the WC is a legitimate possibility this year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the front office does not make any deals hoping for a playoff push this year. July would be a good time for those teams around us in the standings to have a very good month.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the "short-term" stuff is just food for the people who think the WC is a legitimate possibility this year.
I think it will be a strong temptation for the front office/ownership if we are close to a WC spot.

Have I mentioned that I hate the expanded playoffs? Lol

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be a strong temptation for the front office/ownership if we are close to a WC spot.

Have I mentioned that I hate the expanded playoffs? Lol

I think JD mentioning the long-term twice shows that they have at least somewhat of the mindset we hope they do.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what it would take to get a guy like JT Brubaker from the Pirates. Doesn’t seem like a sexy move but if they see something they could tweak and improve him just a bit he would be a good 3.5 year controllable pitcher.
He has decent velocity and good k/9 numbers.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what it would take to get a guy like JT Brubaker from the Pirates. Doesn’t seem like a sexy move but if they see something they could tweak and improve him just a bit he would be a good 3.5 year controllable pitcher.
He has decent velocity and good k/9 numbers.

I wouldn't give up much for him.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably get some push back and despite avatar., Huff may not be the solution anywhere but I’d be is I hope it is behind the plate. If we can move Lowe that would be great but when a guy comes up they need to definitely show they belong here. I do not mind depth in the minors in case of injury like for Jung.
We have others besides Huff who can potentially take 1B long term if they perform