• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers at the Big Apple for four, 6/27-6/30

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to judge the trades.

I would include Feliz in the list you gave above for the ones that did well for us.

Yes, I know we have traded away some pitchers who have done poorly.

We do seem to hit on position prospects who are highly regarded very often. Not as much with the pitching comparitively speaking. That was the main point I was trying to make. When looking at the time period that brought us Young, Blalock, Teixeira, Kinsler, Andrus, Odor, and now Mazara and Profar it is hard to come up with very many highly regarded position players who have disappointed. I actually can't think of one right off hand, but I am sure I am missing someone.

Salty.... But he was in the braves trade also. I know they talked about his big bat when we got him, but all he did was strike out at the bottom of the order when he was here.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same network that just posted a video today discussing whether the Warriors would go 82-0 with Kevin Durant or not. They seriously debated that.

ESPN is nothing more than a clickbait pile of dog shit that cares only about pandering to the far left and pc crowd. John Skipper has absolutely ruined that network. It used to be about reporting sports in a catchy way, with big Sports Center personalities like Stuart Scott, Rich Eisen, and Dan Patrick, cool commercials, and actual sports coverage (remember National Hockey Night?). Now their knowledgable personalities have been replaced by contrarian loudmouths like Stephen A Smith and Jemele Hill, they give out courage awards to Caitlyn Jenner, and their website is polluted with pseudo-altruistic civil rights articles and entire sections devoted to genders and races.

Disney ruined ESPN. ESPN themselves didn't care about that PC crap, but Disney does have to worry about it.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more about our prospects who were highly regarded while they were in our system without regard to how they got to our system. Not as much about developing as it was about how you look at prospects.

I wouldn't even count Andrus in that sense, he spent all of one season in our system, we don't get much credit for scouting or developing him, he was already highly regarded when we got him, not much credit to be given there

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate HBPs with 2 strikes and he had three of them. I just couldn't believe that.

I've never seen this before. Bet there isn't a statistician out there who can say for sure if this has ever happened before. ha

It's a very odd game to see a pitcher (s) hit 3 guys over 9 innings, much less 3 outta 4 and all with 2 strikes on em.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was on the table, would you make a trade for Chris Sale and if so, who do you think would get it done?

He is potentially tied up till 2019 with potential options that are very team friendly, around $12M per season.

Probably not one the table and has a club friendly contract, so it is a big if, just want to see what you guys think it would take.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was on the table, would you make a trade for Chris Sale and if so, who do you think would get it done?

He is potentially tied up till 2019 with potential options that are very team friendly, around $12M per season.

Probably not one the table and has a club friendly contract, so it is a big if, just want to see what you guys think it would take.

Too much, all I really need to say about that

He's surprised me with his ability to stay healthy as I always thought he was an injury waiting to happen with that delivery

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'd cost too much for my liking. That price tag would start with Profar, Gallo, Brinson, and Tate , and go up from there.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN started going down hill when they hired Erin Andrews.

True, someone at ESPN bought into the "guys will watch a hot chick over a knowledgeable old fart" for some reason.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen this before. Bet there isn't a statistician out there who can say for sure if this has ever happened before. ha

It's a very odd game to see a pitcher (s) hit 3 guys over 9 innings, much less 3 outta 4 and all with 2 strikes on em.

I went back and watched and am surprised Prince got first base for ducking into that HBP. Ian was a legit hit, Mazara looked like it just cut too much and caught back foot, and prince leaned into it. :)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As others have said, the price will be too high. I'm thinking they start asking for Mazara, then say they will settle for Profar + Gallo + two pitches.

If we are going to give up that much, call MIA about Jose.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's surprised me with his ability to stay healthy as I always thought he was an injury waiting to happen with that delivery

Yup, his arm motion reminds me too much of McCarthy.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah me too. He probably isn't too far away from that catching up to him. Caught up with Lincecum.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is fun to watch this year. I'm very grateful. Imagine being an Angels fan right now. I dont want too. Artie is like the MLB version of Jerry jones. He meddled, and meddled, and meddled some more. That team is really messed up right now.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd cost too much for my liking. That price tag would start with Profar, Gallo, Brinson, and Tate , and go up from there.
As others have said, the price will be too high. I'm thinking they start asking for Mazara, then say they will settle for Profar + Gallo + two pitches.

If we are going to give up that much, call MIA about Jose.

Yeah would cost a ton for sure and certainly would effect the future of the team. There's an interesting underlying question here though. At what point does is risking the future worth it if you are punching a WS ticket? Having a rotation of Hamels, Darvish, and Sale(or some other ace ) this season in the playoffs arguably makes you the favorite. If somehow you could guarantee a WS win this season off of such a trade but risk teams future, do you do it and take that championship?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's cheaper (40 vs 97 million through 2019), younger (27 vs 32) and better than Hamels (23.7 vs. 18.3 WAR last 4.5 seasons) is/was, and you see what the Phillies got for Hamels

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scumbag Girardi now on the field complaining to the umps that the field is unsuitable for playing. Unreal. I've lost any respect I ever had for him. Despite his best efforts to get the game called...

Game on at 1:15! Let's do this!

Yankees.....

crybaby.gif

butthurt-cream-dawgmaspatentedbutthurtcream1.jpg

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very good interview here.

If I recall Elster had 99 RBIs that year out of the 9 spot. But all 3 of those playoff teams back then were total zeros with the exception of JuanGone who had 5 HRs in 4 games. The 98 and 99 teams were ridiculously bad. I remember McLemore having all this bravado and then being absolutely horrible in all 3 series against the Yanks.