• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers at the Big Apple for four, 6/27-6/30

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to bed when they called the game and expected to wake up to a loss. My son came in this morning wanting to watch highlights on my phone and I told them we lost. Then I saw that we actually won, you would have thought it was Xmas for him again. Wow, can't believe that worked out that way.

And yes, Girardi pulled a bitch move and I'm glad it bit him in the ass. He saw that his closer couldn't do anything and so he tried to get the game cancelled. Really glad our guys came out and stuck it to them. I hope we can just route their asses tonight and kick them while they are down. Maybe they don't bounce back like we did last Saturday.

I knew we were going to lose if the game resumed. Chapman was not coming back out. Having Yates out there with 1 on already and facing a 3-1 count was always going to end poorly. Only chance the Yankees had of winning was if they called the game

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First team to 50 wins this season!

Glad this one worked out the way it should have

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew we were going to lose if the game resumed. Chapman was not coming back out. Having Yates out there with 1 on already and facing a 3-1 count was always going to end poorly. Only chance the Yankees had of winning was if they called the game
Yates had the worst inning possible...I hate HBPs with 2 strikes and he had three of them. I just couldn't believe that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yates had the worst inning possible...I hate HBPs with 2 strikes and he had three of them. I just couldn't believe that.

Heard about it this morning. Glad I decided to go to bed

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still fairly young but Chi Chi and Luke haven't been as good as they were billed, so far

...and thus the reason "prospects" are just that. Prospects.

Like a box of chocolates, ya never know whatcha gon get. :wash:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to bed when they called the game and expected to wake up to a loss. My son came in this morning wanting to watch highlights on my phone and I told them we lost. Then I saw that we actually won, you would have thought it was Xmas for him again. Wow, can't believe that worked out that way.

And yes, Girardi pulled a bitch move and I'm glad it bit him in the ass. He saw that his closer couldn't do anything and so he tried to get the game cancelled. Really glad our guys came out and stuck it to them. I hope we can just route their asses tonight and kick them while they are down. Maybe they don't bounce back like we did last Saturday.
Even the NY Post called his bluff. And according to the Post Game show Choo struck out on a pitch out of the zone and the umps had enlarged the strike zone. They felt like the umps wanted to get this thing over. But the umps cannot overcome a guy who starts hitting guys with pitches with 2 strikes on them. Then Beltre and Andrus came thru.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always hoped for the best but was always iffy on Gonzalez bc of his inability to finish off hitters, seems to be a pitcher in the same mold as Tepesch & Martinez

Jackson at least has the stuff, its all mental right now for him

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always hoped for the best but was always iffy on Gonzalez bc of his inability to finish off hitters, seems to be a pitcher in the same mold as Tepesch & Martinez

Jackson at least has the stuff, its all mental right now for him
Jackson is irritating because as you say he has the stuff. But he just has not learned to command his pitches yet.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume this is the first time the Rangers were the first team to 50 wins in a season.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Rangers will get their own "Rangers Chase" page on BSPN :L

What a joke that thing is, they are still tracking their "historic" wins pace despite Rangers having more wins and the Giants having the same number. Big DERP by the Mouse on this one.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Rangers will get their own "Rangers Chase" page on BSPN :L

What a joke that thing is, they are still tracking their "historic" wins pace despite Rangers having more wins and the Giants having the same number. Big DERP by the Mouse on this one.
This is the same network that just posted a video today discussing whether the Warriors would go 82-0 with Kevin Durant or not. They seriously debated that.

ESPN is nothing more than a clickbait pile of dog shit that cares only about pandering to the far left and pc crowd. John Skipper has absolutely ruined that network. It used to be about reporting sports in a catchy way, with big Sports Center personalities like Stuart Scott, Rich Eisen, and Dan Patrick, cool commercials, and actual sports coverage (remember National Hockey Night?). Now their knowledgable personalities have been replaced by contrarian loudmouths like Stephen A Smith and Jemele Hill, they give out courage awards to Caitlyn Jenner, and their website is polluted with pseudo-altruistic civil rights articles and entire sections devoted to genders and races.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We do seem to hit on position prospects a lot more often than pitching prospects. It seems like the pitchers we trade away do well more often than the ones we keep. Volquez, Danks, and Eickhoff come to mind.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the NY Post called his bluff. And according to the Post Game show Choo struck out on a pitch out of the zone and the umps had enlarged the strike zone. They felt like the umps wanted to get this thing over. But the umps cannot overcome a guy who starts hitting guys with pitches with 2 strikes on them. Then Beltre and Andrus came thru.
When it happened Nadel said it was a strike to Choo that he struck out on. He said they missed several other ball/strike calls, but he said that one was a strike.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do seem to hit on position prospects a lot more often than pitching prospects. It seems like the pitchers we trade away do well more often than the ones we keep. Volquez, Danks, and Eickhoff come to mind.

Volquez was very average for a long time. Keep in mind, that trade got us Hamilton. You're also ignoring what Harrison (when he was healthy), Perez, and Holland have been able to accomplish. You're also ignoring that guys like Beavan, Grimm, Erlin, and Wieland never did jack shit. You hit on some, and you miss on some. I think you're missing the forest for the trees here.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very good interview here.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volquez was very average for a long time. Keep in mind, that trade got us Hamilton. You're also ignoring what Harrison (when he was healthy), Perez, and Holland have been able to accomplish. You're also ignoring that guys like Beavan, Grimm, Erlin, and Wieland never did jack shit. You hit on some, and you miss on some. I think you're missing the forest for the trees here.
I wasn't trying to judge the trades.

I would include Feliz in the list you gave above for the ones that did well for us.

Yes, I know we have traded away some pitchers who have done poorly.

We do seem to hit on position prospects who are highly regarded very often. Not as much with the pitching comparitively speaking. That was the main point I was trying to make. When looking at the time period that brought us Young, Blalock, Teixeira, Kinsler, Andrus, Odor, and now Mazara and Profar it is hard to come up with very many highly regarded position players who have disappointed. I actually can't think of one right off hand, but I am sure I am missing someone.

Last edited:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to judge the trades.

I would include Feliz in the list you gave above for the ones that did well for us.

Yes, I know we have traded away some pitchers who have done poorly.

We do seem to hit on position prospects who are highly regarded very often. Not as much with the pitching comparitively speaking. When looking at the time period that brought us Young, Blalock, Teixeira, Kinsler, Andrus, Odor, and now Mazara and Profar it is hard to come up with very many highly regarded position players who have disappointed. I actually can't think of one right off hand, but I am sure I am missing someone.

We didn't really develop Andrus, he was kind of as is when we got him from Atlanta

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't really develop Andrus, he was kind of as is when we got him Atlanta
I was thinking more about our prospects who were highly regarded while they were in our system without regard to how they got to our system. Not as much about developing as it was about how you look at prospects.