• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers (1) v. Sens (8) ECQF series thread

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm glad I have today off and actually get to watch this game but I can't tell you just how nervous I am.

The Sens have played 4 game 7's in their history and have lost every single time. Two of them were against the Leafs and were just brutal to watch. One other was in 1997 against the Sabres. The Sens should have won that one until Yashin won a faceoff into his own net. Yeah, that actually happened...just ask Boss or other Sabres fans. Of course, the game went into OT and the Sabres won it. All of them were pretty painful but the one that stands out is 2003 against the Devils. The Sens battled back from a 3-1 deficit in the series to force game 7. But like always, the Sens managed to screw it up. The game looked like it had OT written all over it and then Friesen scored with 2 minutes left in the game. I think that was the most disappointed I've ever been. That 2003 Sens team won the Presidents trophy and were by far the best team the Sens have ever had. You might say, weren't you disappointed in 2007? I was but still not as disappointed as 2003 because the 2003 team was better then the 2007 team was and it wasn't even close. To this day I believe the Sens would have won the cup had they won that game 7 and I have no doubts about that.

Anyway, can 7:00pm come around quicker? I want to see the Sens finally win a game 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully you guys keep the thread active, I just got asked to do a double so I am going to miss this one. Kinda pissed, but cash is more important.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad I have today off and actually get to watch this game but I can't tell you just how nervous I am.

The Sens have played 4 game 7's in their history and have lost every single time. Two of them were against the Leafs and were just brutal to watch. One other was in 1997 against the Sabres. The Sens should have won that one until Yashin won a faceoff into his own net. Yeah, that actually happened...just ask Boss or other Sabres fans. Of course, the game went into OT and the Sabres won it. All of them were pretty painful but the one that stands out is 2003 against the Devils. The Sens battled back from a 3-1 deficit in the series to force game 7. But like always, the Sens managed to screw it up. The game looked like it had OT written all over it and then Friesen scored with 2 minutes left in the game. I think that was the most disappointed I've ever been. That 2003 Sens team won the Presidents trophy and were by far the best team the Sens have ever had. You might say, weren't you disappointed in 2007? I was but still not as disappointed as 2003 because the 2003 team was better then the 2007 team was and it wasn't even close. To this day I believe the Sens would have won the cup had they won that game 7 and I have no doubts about that.

Anyway, can 7:00pm come around quicker? I want to see the Sens finally win a game 7.

2003 was a heartbreaker for sure.

IMO, that 3rd period was the worst of the worst when it comes to officiating in the pre-lockout NHL.

I was at that game and Hossa was dominating. Bill fucking McCreary refused to call a penalty on the Devils despite Hossa being hacked, held, hooked and generally tackled by one or more Devils on every shift. It was disgraceful. :frusty:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I'm playing hockey tonight myself so I'll miss the second and part of the third.

As soon as my game is over I'll be finding the nearest sports bar (I'm scoping it out early because I don't know the area very well) and watching the end. I might just take my skates and nothing else off. :lol:

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2003 was a heartbreaker for sure.

IMO, that 3rd period was the worst of the worst when it comes to officiating in the pre-lockout NHL.

I was at that game and Hossa was dominating. Bill fucking McCreary refused to call a penalty on the Devils despite Hossa being hacked, held, hooked and generally tackled by one or more Devils on every shift. It was disgraceful. :frusty:

Yeah, there's a reason Sens fans hate Bill McCreary and were glad to see him retire. That game is one of them but also because he seemed to be the guy who was reffing most of the Sens/Leafs playoff games too. I can honestly say that I think he did have a bias against the Sens and it was just sickening. If I saw him on the street I might have the urge to kick the shit out of him :smash:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go SENS!!!!!!!

I just have a dislike for Torts....Big time !!!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO SENS!

Bob Cole ‏ @FauxBobColeCBC
Oh baby! What a dandy it's going to be! The Rangers and Senators are ready. Yes they are. Ready indeed! For Hockey.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Score! Wow! Ohhhh baby!
Score! Wow! Ohhhh baby!
Score! Wow! Ohhhh baby!

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope the damn zebras keep themselves out of this one.

Cheering for Ottawa, but I know the Rangers will probably win.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No score prediction from me.

I will predict this though. One, or both, of the goalies will stand on his head tonight.