• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers (1) v. Sens (8) ECQF series thread

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michalek might be suspended for game 7 for kicking at Dan Girardi

:eek2:

Re, Michalek: There is precedence for Game 7 kicking suspensions. See Shayne Corson/Eric Cairns, 2002.

Stew, I didn't get to see the whole game was it that bad? Maybe someone can find a vid on it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a big loss for the Sens if Michalek can't go for game 7 - That said, kicking is inexcusable.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this incident took place in the goal crease... Girardi is saying his pant leg was cut pretty badly... I thought this took place along the boards.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ottawa media is saying Michalek was on his belly and used his skate to get Girardi off of him. lol, I need to see a replay of this.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a big loss for the Sens if Michalek can't go for game 7 - That said, kicking is inexcusable.

If he does that should end the stupid conspiracy bullshit talk.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]-e1SEkuOnkU&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

very quick video ... i cant even tell which foot he's doing it with ... is it a back heel with the right foot?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, tough to tell what was going on from that angle...

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]-e1SEkuOnkU&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

very quick video ... i cant even tell which foot he's doing it with ... is it a back heel with the right foot?

yeah, It's hard to tell from that view and as you said it's pretty quick. Maybe there is another one out there somewhere. I will look around.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm late to the party and I didn't actually get to watch the game live. I watched it this morning and I'll I'm gonna say is that the officiating was just dreadful on both sides. The Rangers are talking about the goal but the one that really pissed me off was the Foligno penalty. To give a team a 5 on 3 on a marginal call in a tight series just brutal. But at the same time the Sens played the worst period they've played all series in that second period.

I'm a big Alfie supporter but his blow up did not help what so ever. He knows it today based on his comments but I'm sure he'll come back strong in game 7. But I couldn't believe that he did that as it's not something I've ever seen him do before. Even Spezza reverted back to his bad habits and sat on the bench for most of the third period.

Overall, it was just a very frustrating game and they blew a chance to put the Rangers away. Now they put themselves in a tough spot but it would not surprise me if they come out in game 7 and play their best game of the year. They've been that resilient.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big Alfie supporter but his blow up did not help what so ever. He knows it today based on his comments but I'm sure he'll come back strong in game 7. But I couldn't believe that he did that as it's not something I've ever seen him do before. Even Spezza reverted back to his bad habits and sat on the bench for most of the third period.

You know me Urk, I would rather see something out of him rather than sitting there and letting the wheels fall off quietly. Didn't help, but at least you know where he stood. Strange, that me of all people would have no problems with Alfie in that game.

Spezza? Another story.

After the Foligno penalty, I got a distinct case of deja vu from the Cubs game after Bartman smacked the ball away. You could just feel the Sens come unhinged. It was almost supernatural.

And it sucked.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milan Michalek has been cleared for whatever he did to Girardi. No hearing. #NYR #NHL

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know me Urk, I would rather see something out of him rather than sitting there and letting the wheels fall off quietly. Didn't help, but at least you know where he stood. Strange, that me of all people would have no problems with Alfie in that game.

Spezza? Another story.

After the Foligno penalty, I got a distinct case of deja vu from the Cubs game after Bartman smacked the ball away. You could just feel the Sens come unhinged. It was almost supernatural.

And it sucked.

I agree on all counts.

The one positive was that the Sens re-asserted their will in the third. Lundqvist and all his little helpers were lucky to escape the final period with a win.

After watching this series I firmly believe the Sens are the better team. The only things holding them back are Lundqvist and their own inexperience. If they can avoid the youthful lapses that cost them so dearly in games 1 and 6, they'll win game 7.

As for Spezza, he's no longer inexperienced. This guy is in his prime and he needs to get his head on straight for game 7. No excuses Jason.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm late to the party and I didn't actually get to watch the game live. I watched it this morning and I'll I'm gonna say is that the officiating was just dreadful on both sides. The Rangers are talking about the goal but the one that really pissed me off was the Foligno penalty. To give a team a 5 on 3 on a marginal call in a tight series just brutal. But at the same time the Sens played the worst period they've played all series in that second period.

Overall, it was just a very frustrating game and they blew a chance to put the Rangers away. Now they put themselves in a tough spot but it would not surprise me if they come out in game 7 and play their best game of the year. They've been that resilient.

Been the same way in the Bruins/Caps series. Both teams will get away with shit 1 minute, next thing you know there's some ticky-tacky penalty called, and when every game is decided by 1 goal, that's huge. The officials have ruined what's been a great series by both teams.

Bone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do you see a player shoved into the goalie and get called for it? I hate the call but the player gets the box just about every time.

Bone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a lot of missed calls in game 6 also.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been the same way in the Bruins/Caps series. Both teams will get away with shit 1 minute, next thing you know there's some ticky-tacky penalty called, and when every game is decided by 1 goal, that's huge. The officials have ruined what's been a great series by both teams.

I think thats been EVERY series...and the entire season too...they refs have been the worst I can remember in some time

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go Sens! Beat the Rangers so you can set up the Flyers for an easy path to the Cup finals (which will inevitably screw up and lose to the Devils or something equally moronic)!