• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.2

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team is NOT going to change no matter how much you wish it to.
yes, it's still technically possible for them to win this division ... but only if the two teams ahead of them suck as bad as they do. i'm thinking not likely. but if they do, they'll be 2 and done once again. this powerless team, with 2 .200 hitters in important positions, questionable pitching and no bench ain't goin anywhere.
AL Central is the classic “tallest midget” example for a division. With the talent we have and the way the rest of the division teams showed out this season, it’s embarrassing we didn’t run away with this thing. Hahn deserves to be canned now that the end result of his rebuild has shown itself. He won’t be-at least until after next season if this continues-but he deserves it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has it occurred to anyone else that TLR's heart problems are cover for making a manager switch without having to fire him?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has it occurred to anyone else that TLR's heart problems are cover for making a manager switch without having to fire him?

Not sure, but I definitely considered it when it was more than a game or two that he was to be gone "indefinitely."

Jerry always has his boys' backs.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a real issue, but I also believe it will serve as the perfect excuse for TLR to exit without the pressure of fans ragging on Reinsdorf to fire him. He should have never come back in the first place.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a real issue, but I also believe it will serve as the perfect excuse for TLR to exit without the pressure of fans ragging on Reinsdorf to fire him. He should have never come back in the first place.

I want to believe that it's like a morgue in the Sox front office right now. But they're probably sitting there sniffing their own asses about "Just sign a couple small pieces and we're back in it next year." I'd like to Brad Pitt "THIS IS WHAT LOSING SOUNDS LIKE" Moneyball their ass.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a real issue, but I suspect whatever heart condition TLR has - there were indications of it when he was hired. Now - TLR did have some photos of nodding off in the dugout in the last few months - so there's that.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to believe that it's like a morgue in the Sox front office right now. But they're probably sitting there sniffing their own asses about "Just sign a couple small pieces and we're back in it next year." I'd like to Brad Pitt "THIS IS WHAT LOSING SOUNDS LIKE" Moneyball their ass.
stupid is as stupid does.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow this offseason Hahn & co have to find a way to get a couple of solid bats, but not just signing DH-level hitters. We are already overloaded with those. Our pitching has no doubt been inconsistent this year, both the rotation and especially the pen. But it's been our lack of hitting which has really done us in. If we were hitting like the past couple of seasons, the Central would be all but locked up by now.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis Andrus has been a great addition - he personifies baseball professionalism. I'd move him over to 2nd base when Timmy comes back. Andrus mentioned the other day he just wants to contribute to the team even if it meant a change of position.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis Andrus has been a great addition - he personifies baseball professionalism. I'd move him over to 2nd base when Timmy comes back. Andrus mentioned the other day he just wants to contribute to the team even if it meant a change of position.

Totally agree - we can’t take him out when TA comes back, I’d love for them to find a way to make it happen.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure the sox are smart enough to do that. are you?

No idea - but if Andrus is open to shifting positions it makes me optimistic that they'll work it out.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold prediction:

The White Sox are more mediocre than the Twins or the Guardos - therefore they will end up "winning" the mediocre division.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting tonight and in an upcoming 10 day stretch the Guardians and Twins will face each other 8 times. With Cleveland holding the lead, small as it is, I'd like to see Minny take 5 of the 8 to help balance out the division. Hopefully we win at least 5-6 of those similar 8 games.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As currently scheduled, Cease is scheduled to start the 2nd game of the Rockies series and Giolito gets the Guardians makeup the next day. The Sox also have an off day coming up. They can swap Giolito and Cease, keep Giolito on regular rest and throw Cease at the Guardians.