• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.2

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to twenty two skidoo - for what could be the greatest White Sox season of all time. Go Sox!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The much anticipated RT2.2 has arrived and right on time!!! Thanks Mingo. :hammer:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake me up when there is a new CBA.

Happy New Year.
Yeah, pretty much anything we post in here until the CBA is back in action is akin to glorified gossip. But what the heck, it's better than no info at all.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And speaking of better than no info at all:

No doubt all three are interesting choices. If you want the shorthand version:

Ryan Tepera
Joe Kelley
Brad Hand

I wondered why the Sox didn't attempt to extend Tepera, unless they did try and he simply wanted to test the market. He acquitted himself pretty well during his short stint with the Good Guys and seemed to be a solid fit for the pen.

Kelley's main issue is staying healthy, but when he is, the man can bring it big time. Not a big guy, but don't let his smallish stature fool you. When needed he can gas it to 100mph+. Lots of postseason experience to boot.

Not sure Hand would want to join a team where he really won't see a lot of closing action, but he would bring a much needed LH to the pen.

I'd be more than satisfied if we could ink one of these relievers.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a Capt Obvious article, but it's worth recalling just how banged up parts of our roster were last year. I feel the odds of history repeating itself are fairly small. Not that we won't suffer from the injury bug, all teams do. But I'm trusting the sheer number of games that key players missed the previous season will not be matched this year.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy New Year boys. Excited for this upcoming season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bet. Every year at this time - I start to believe that there is some kind of domino theory the White Sox can apply and finish with a World Series win. Of course, Devine intervention may have to come into it to get the job done.

Just think what it would look like if Vaughn could play a whole season like he played July of 2021 - where he hit .349 - ..440 OBP - 4 Hrs and 14 RBIs. I expect Vaughn to make himself into a star player this year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bet. Every year at this time - I start to believe that there is some kind of domino theory the White Sox can apply and finish with a World Series win. Of course, Devine intervention may have to come into it to get the job done.

Just think what it would look like if Vaughn could play a whole season like he played July of 2021 - where he hit .349 - ..440 OBP - 4 Hrs and 14 RBIs. I expect Vaughn to make himself into a star player this year.
Happy New Year back oh Jidded one. And I think or at least hope all diehard Sox fans are excited about the upcoming season, whenever it happens that is. I wasn't thrilled with the minimal postseason efforts, but it's possible the brass were figuring on taking more action once this CBA crap gets resolved.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a fascinating article on the 10 greatest knuckleballers in MLB history (spoiler alert: 3 of them had significant White Sox careers):

The numbers on Wilhelm and Wood are incredible, And with Wilhelm, talk about forever records, think for a moment the possibility of another knuckleballer topping his 228 career saves. Imposserous. It'll never happen, at least not in our lifetimes and more likely not in any of our great-great grandchildren's lifetimes either.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither the league nor the players are showing any urgency to hammer out a deal. Each negotiating side must prove to their members that they are being tough. Healthy negotiations would involve a back channel conversation between the partiers -so when the deal comes together at the last moment - it makes some sense. I don't think either side is that smart so we may loose some part of the season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither the league nor the players are showing any urgency to hammer out a deal. Each negotiating side must prove to their members that they are being tough. Healthy negotiations would involve a back channel conversation between the partiers -so when the deal comes together at the last moment - it makes some sense. I don't think either side is that smart so we may loose some part of the season.
It does seem like there's not much of an urge on either side to get this CBA resolved. Just our luck.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I didn't understand last season was all the White Sox pitchers last year - who had someone not related to the club tell them they were tipping their pitches. Giolito, Lynn, Bummer and Hendriks and others all went this way. White Sox pitching coaches are supposed to be watching the throwing mechanics every outing - how come they didn't see the pitch tipping? To me that is an unexplained oddity of last season. I hope they fix it.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I didn't understand last season was all the White Sox pitchers last year - who had someone not related to the club tell them they were tipping their pitches. Giolito, Lynn, Bummer and Hendriks and others all went this way. White Sox pitching coaches are supposed to be watching the throwing mechanics every outing - how come they didn't see the pitch tipping? To me that is an unexplained oddity of last season. I hope they fix it.
I think Hendriks said his wife pointed out to him that he was tipping pitches.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if you could have two White players or personalities who could do a show similar to what the Manning Brothers do for Monday night football - who would they be?

I'm going to go with Ozzie and Paulie.