• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.2

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if you could have two White players or personalities who could do a show similar to what the Manning Brothers do for Monday night football - who would they be?

I'm going to go with Ozzie and Paulie.
lol. ozzie's not white. :)

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if you could have two White players or personalities who could do a show similar to what the Manning Brothers do for Monday night football - who would they be?

I'm going to go with Ozzie and Paulie.
Carl Everett and Ozzie lol

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go White Sox! I will campaign on the pledge that the Astro's are thru in 22.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How random is this?

Based on what I saw the last couple of seasons - Billy Hamilton is faster than Jarrod Dyson and it is not even close.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say - Colas has the Louis Robert jacked physicality look about him. For tax purposes we won't see him in the US until a year from now.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say - Colas has the Louis Robert jacked physicality look about him. For tax purposes we won't see him in the US until a year from now.
You’ll recall ARod said things are all loosey goosey down in that part of the world when it comes to supplements…

:behindsofa:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok ... random ...
aj happens to be on the upcoming hof ballot so lately a.j. said "" "Yeah, I know how hard it is to get into the Baseball Hall of Fame. It’s nearly impossible,” Pierzynski said recently.""
nearly impossible? i was curious and it turns out there have been fewer than 20,000 players who've played ml baseball. of those, 333 are in the hall ... which means 1 out of every 60 players makes the hall. fairly high odds, but not nearly 'nearly impossible'!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it is odd that the players negotiating board - has two of the highest paid players contracts in league history - representing the players. MLB - though - really only needs to make 51% of baseball players happy enough to play ball. MLB will use the delay of training camps - potentially a shorter schedule - to leverage against the players.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Burger.......................2nd baseman???????

Love the way he makes the turns in that video clip. And being a natural 3rd baseman, I see no problem with him handling direct grounders. The question is his range. Somehow I just don't see him having what's needed for the two bag. It would be great if I'm wrong and there's no denying his stick would be welcome in the lineup. But learning a whole new position virtually from scratch and doing so at the major league level is one helluva mountain to climb. Nonetheless, I'll be rooting for the Burgermeister.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Burger.......................2nd baseman???????

Love the way he makes the turns in that video clip. And being a natural 3rd baseman, I see no problem with him handling direct grounders. The question is his range. Somehow I just don't see him having what's needed for the two bag. It would be great if I'm wrong and there's no denying his stick would be welcome in the lineup. But learning a whole new position virtually from scratch and doing so at the major league level is one helluva mountain to climb. Nonetheless, I'll be rooting for the Burgermeister.
Yeah, I'm afraid Burger at 2nd base is an example of magical thinking.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be the last year international signings go on with a MLB draft. I hear an international draft is something the owners want from the players.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be the last year international signings go on with a MLB draft. I hear an international draft is something the owners want from the players.
Speaking of int'l signings, here's an interesting link:

We all know about the Colas signing and what he brings to the table. But I wasn't aware that we also inked a potential Juan Soto clone. Now over-dramatics aside, I like the makeup of this kid and in this case the word kid truly applies, as he's just a pup at age 17.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok ... random ...
aj happens to be on the upcoming hof ballot so lately a.j. said "" "Yeah, I know how hard it is to get into the Baseball Hall of Fame. It’s nearly impossible,” Pierzynski said recently.""
nearly impossible? i was curious and it turns out there have been fewer than 20,000 players who've played ml baseball. of those, 333 are in the hall ... which means 1 out of every 60 players makes the hall. fairly high odds, but not nearly 'nearly impossible'!

Mike Sirotka still has a chance imo.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what can we expect from Dylan this year?

Not sure I'd go as far as saying this is Dylan's shit-or-get-off-the-pot season in terms of rising to elite status, but he definitely needs to bring more consistency to his starts. In some of his outings he looks exactly like he's described by his teammates. And others he resembles a rookie still learning the game. One sad example was his start against the Red Sox in September, the game I happened to attend when I was in Chitown. It was clear almost from the first pitch that he didn't have his stuff that night. He couldn't keep his pitches down, which led to a number of free passes. And when he did get them lowered, they were right down the pipe. If I recall, he failed to make it out of the 3rd inning.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a read somewhere that the lease for Rate Field will be up in 2027. Is there a plan to renew - flip the parking lot again and build the old Comisky back? Or will we have a do we go and do we stay Tango - like last time?

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a read somewhere that the lease for Rate Field will be up in 2027. Is there a plan to renew - flip the parking lot again and build the old Comisky back? Or will we have a do we go and do we stay Tango - like last time?
Jerry will probably try to move the team to Oklahoma City, knowing him.