• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.2

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a read somewhere that the lease for Rate Field will be up in 2027. Is there a plan to renew - flip the parking lot again and build the old Comisky back? Or will we have a do we go and do we stay Tango - like last time?
I was always for the Sox moving the team to the burbs, even prior to the original decision to relocate across the street. Their innercity base support has shriveled a lot over the years, and traffic getting to the stadium has become a nightmare, at least when the attendance cracks the 30k mark each game. Besides, let's face it, Chicago for several decades now has been a Cubs town and will continue to be for the indefinite future. OTOH, the Good Guys have always been quite popular in the ever growing western and southwestern suburbs. This region could easily support a 2-3 million annual attendance base. Easily. Sell Reinsdorf, SELL!!!

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always for the Sox moving the team to the burbs, even prior to the original decision to relocate across the street. Their innercity base support has shriveled a lot over the years, and traffic getting to the stadium has become a nightmare, at least when the attendance cracks the 30k mark each game. Besides, let's face it, Chicago for several decades now has been a Cubs town and will continue to be for the indefinite future. OTOH, the Good Guys have always been quite popular in the ever growing western and southwestern suburbs. This region could easily support a 2-3 million annual attendance base. Easily. Sell Reinsdorf, SELL!!!
Um, this Bridgeporter is not a fan of the team moving to the burbs. They’d be dead to me!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, this Bridgeporter is not a fan of the team moving to the burbs. They’d be dead to me!
I know, you diehard local Daleyites would be quite bitter. I feel ya. But there are so few of you now relative to the greater White Sox fanbase. Odds are if Reinsdorf and his heirs keep the team, there's little chance of them moving, he'll figure out a way to cut the best deal for him by sticking around. That's why I'm hoping he or when he kicks the bucket, his heirs sell the franchise once and for all.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, you diehard local Daleyites would be quite bitter. I feel ya. But there are so few of you now relative to the greater White Sox fanbase. Odds are if Reinsdorf and his heirs keep the team, there's little chance of them moving, he'll figure out a way to cut the best deal for him by sticking around. That's why I'm hoping he or when he kicks the bucket, his heirs sell the franchise once and for all.
That’s how it works LSD. The people that live in Naperville have to drive to the city.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Rodon can only pitch half a season - he should make half of $30 million - or $15 million a year. That is going to be Rodon's problem - he can't be counted on for a full season for big money. The White Sox declined a chance at him for $18 million. The declination by the White Sox probably ran up a red flag for the rest of the league.

If that's the marketplace for him he will need a one year deal to make good on his next contract after that. Under those circumstances - he would likely sign with the Sox for less than $15 million.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Rodon can only pitch half a season - he should make half of $30 million - or $15 million a year. That is going to be Rodon's problem - he can't be counted on for a full season for big money. The White Sox declined a chance at him for $18 million. The declination by the White Sox probably ran up a red flag for the rest of the league.

If that's the marketplace for him he will need a one year deal to make good on his next contract after that. Under those circumstances - he would likely sign with the Sox for less than $15 million.
I was and still remain a bit concerned that the Sox decided against the QO, feeling this could come back to bite them. But you bring up a solid point about the possibility of the one team that knows Rodon better than any other decides against the obvious. This might reduce the number and value of offers Rodon might otherwise receive. So your scenario just might play out. However, if Rodon does receive a multi-year offer and signs with another team, then Hahn blew it.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was and still remain a bit concerned that the Sox decided against the QO, feeling this could come back to bite them. But you bring up a solid point about the possibility of the one team that knows Rodon better than any other decides against the obvious. This might reduce the number and value of offers Rodon might otherwise receive. So your scenario just might play out. However, if Rodon does receive a multi-year offer and signs with another team, then Hahn blew it.
that's bullshit! the only thing that would mean he blew it is if rodon DOES deliver for a solid year and more! either he's the rodon we've all known for 7 years or he's not. i'm betting on the former ..... as hahn did. and odds say he was right!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's bullshit! the only thing that would mean he blew it is if rodon DOES deliver for a solid year and more! either he's the rodon we've all known for 7 years or he's not. i'm betting on the former ..... as hahn did. and odds say he was right!
let me say it again so your tender feelings aren't hurt.
signing a multi-year deal in itself will not make it a failure on hahn's part. how he lives up to that deal, in your eyes, will determine if 'hahn blew it'.
i believe hahn did the right thing. it's possible it turns out to be incorrect depending on rodon, of course, but i would not fault hahn in either case. going by the odds, going by a well established history is the most reasonable course.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are 7 teams that could be interested in trading for Kimbrel, at least according to Fansided:

I think the Phillies still present the best opportunity, altho we can't rule any team out.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are 7 teams that could be interested in trading for Kimbrel, at least according to Fansided:

I think the Phillies still present the best opportunity, altho we can't rule any team out.
There's is no way the Sox trade him to the Tigers. The Phillies and Padres have made outlandish moves to acquire ball players in recent years and could be targets for a Kimbrel trade. I would add the Rangers - having spent so much on Siemien they will need some pitching to go with it.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's is no way the Sox trade him to the Tigers. The Phillies and Padres have made outlandish moves to acquire ball players in recent years and could be targets for a Kimbrel trade. I would add the Rangers - having spent so much on Siemien they will need some pitching to go with it.
Forgot that’s where Semien signed. Kind of a blah destination. Money talks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, the only way Hahn would trade with the Tigs is if they super overpaid in trade capital, which I can't see any reason why they would.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot that’s where Semien signed. Kind of a blah destination. Money talks.
Yeah, I don't blame a guy for cashing in on 175 mil and never blame any athlete who wants to secure their financial future. However, at 31 years old, that's not a place you go (at least right now) if winning a ring is your top priority. He probably could have taken 150-160 over 7 and signed with a contender. However, like I said, I never blame an athlete who wants to get all he is worth.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't blame a guy for cashing in on 175 mil and never blame any athlete who wants to secure their financial future. However, at 31 years old, that's not a place you go (at least right now) if winning a ring is your top priority. He probably could have taken 150-160 over 7 and signed with a contender. However, like I said, I never blame an athlete who wants to get all he is worth.
Yeah, I get it. I’d take an offer from the Rangers too.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but, taking an offer from the Rangers is like opening a door to obscurity.

Well - the union gave in on the six year clock to free agency - that rule stays as is. I think that is pretty huge now management needs to belly up to the buzzsaw on an issue.