• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.2

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Manager????

Based on past White Sox search criteria I'm guessing Willie Harris.

If the Sox want to throw a bomb into a chummy dugout - AJ Pierzynski

The Ventura solution would be Thome.

My favorite wild card candidate - Joe Espada - Astro's bench coach

Too much money to throw away on contracts to change the players - so changing the Manager is the best they can do.
I be liking the bomb approach. AJ would be like Ozzie Guillen without the bad accent.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yasmani Grandal is optimistic about being able to train regularly this offseason, but summed up the season:

"To put it plain and simple, we just sucked. Anything else would be an excuse and the last thing you want to make as a team, as an individual, is an excuse.

It’s almost like a slap in the face. If you don’t take this year seriously, it’s going to come back to bite us in the ass next year."

James Fegan: Yasmani Grandal is optimistic about being able... - The Athletic

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice quotes from Grandal to man up to this shit show of a season. But until he learns to hit above the Mendoza line, those words ring a bit hollow.
he didn't 'man up' dummy. he hid himself among the rest of the team. he should have said HE played like shit. HE sucked! in addition he should have given at least half his salary back!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, y'all notice moncada hitting the ball lately ... just when it's completely meaningless? i seriously hope he's the first turd gone. followed by yasmani worthless.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LaRussa should get a retirement party like this one

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Manager????

Based on past White Sox search criteria I'm guessing Willie Harris.

If the Sox want to throw a bomb into a chummy dugout - AJ Pierzynski

The Ventura solution would be Thome.

My favorite wild card candidate - Joe Espada - Astro's bench coach

Too much money to throw away on contracts to change the players - so changing the Manager is the best they can do.

If TLR called it quits and Jim Thome walked into Jerry’s office saying he’d like the job, you bet your sweet ass he’d be our next manager.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately - Jim Thome is too smart to play manager for these Sox. He will stick to the meet and greets and waives and smiles.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title of the article is 3 players who should be DFA's by the Sox. #3 may or may not be a bit of a surprise:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is yet another list of candidates for the skipper role next season:

Short list here. Out of those names, the two that intrigue me the most are Mike Shildt and Fredi Gonzalez. Shildt's record speaks for itself. I have to admit I'm curious as to what those “philosophical differences” were that he had with the team's brass. Gonzalez has quite the experience, and a Cuban-born, bilingual mgr might serve well with a team loaded with Hispanics, especially Cubans.

Now if this was 10 years ago, Bruce Bochy would be an automatic no brainer. Definitely a proven winner with two organizations. Just not sure Sox fans are game for a TLR redux. I know I'm not.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*MVP - AL: It's a pretty good battle between four players at this juncture. Aaron Judge, Jose Ramirez, Rafael Devers, and Jordan Alvarez. Others are worthy of mention, but at this point, I think it's between these four, with perhaps Judge being the top dog. But of course things can change.

*MVP - NL: Not following the Senor Circuit as much, but to me it looks like it's Paul Goldschmidt's award to lose. He's currently right up there battling for the Triple Crown. Maybe Freddie Freeman or Pete Alonzo can be factored as well, but the race isn't as tight as it is in the AL.

*Cy Young - AL: Right now it would be between Justin Verlander and Shane McClanahan, but others like Logan Gilbert, Alek Manoah, and our own Dylan Cease are definitely in the mix.

*Cy Young - NL: Tight battle overall, but at this point one pitcher sticks out and that's Tony Gonsolin. 11-0 record to date with good stats. I wouldn't count out Sandy Alcantara tho, a lower ERA and higher WAR. Unfortunately for him he's stuck playing for a losing team.

*Fireman - AL: Too close to call. No one's really killing it, but at the present the saves leader is Jordan Romano. Our own Lance Hendriks is right there as well.

*Fireman - NL: Another tight race, but so far I have Josh Hader, Taylor Rodgers, and Kenley Jansen duking it out.
Had to dig back a ways to find the above. But it does seem like things haven't changed all that drastically with respect to the various individual races. The MVP faves from the AS break still appear to be on course for the final rewards. Similar with the CY in both leagues. I didn't have Kyle Wright of the Braves in the NL CY race, but I'm guessing he's now the favorite, having led his team to come from behind all season to now appearing as the lock for the NL East title. Winning 21 games hasn't hurt his cause either. The one thing holding him back is that his ERA is higher than a number of the other leading candidates, so we'll just have to wait and see. The one award out of nowhere since the break has to go to the Guardians Emmanuel Clase, who has literally come out of nowhere to take the ML saves crown. I'd be shocked if he doesn't win this. Oh, and not sure back then why I didn't post a list for the leagues' ROY. Maybe it's because there was zero chance of any Sox rook having a shot, so it was out of sight/out of mind.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait till next year! The same Sox Front Office guys saying the same things they said two years ago - what could go wrong?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Whether it’s next year, the year after, or whenever this run begins and when we start getting closer to having parades around here…All of that will be forgotten.”

Hey Rick,

This is horsesh*t.

Love,

Jiddy

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last interview was made in the dog days of a 72 win season. Three seasons later we don’t even have a playoff series win under our belt and Hahn was talking about parades…

Can we just fire this clownshoe now? Results are more than satisfactorily in that he has not made a significant enough difference for us. Bring in a new GM and let that guy hire a manager and tweak the roster. Fresh start after one of the most disappointing seasons in franchise history.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last interview was made in the dog days of a 72 win season. Three seasons later we don’t even have a playoff series win under our belt and Hahn was talking about parades…

Can we just fire this clownshoe now? Results are more than satisfactorily in that he has not made a significant enough difference for us. Bring in a new GM and let that guy hire a manager and tweak the roster. Fresh start after one of the most disappointing seasons in franchise history.
have you forgotten who owns this team?