• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.2

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never want to see someone get hurt but getting a guy who is hitting like a pitcher out of the lineup isn't hurting the team
Well, Grandal did seem to be getting back into a good hitting zone, but perhaps the Sox agreed with you since sending the slowest Sox base runner home in that situation was reckless.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunate. was hoping he was gone for the rest of the season. :ohwell:

When I'm on my deathbed, my family all around me , and I am asked to impart any remaining wisdom I can before I finally pass:

I'll say "If you're gonna give somebody the largest contract in franchise history, make sure he hits .200 and has an epic bat drop."

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official "As of today, August 23,2022, you are the Kingiest of King Dipshits" list:

Jerry Reinsdorf
Rick Hahn
Tony LaRussa
Frank Menechino
Ethan Katz
Joe McEwing

And whoever handles our strength and conditioning.

Feel free to add your own.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone remember/have a link to that time when Rick Hahn was like "When the winning starts happening, we'll welcome you on the train" or some sh*t like that? I need to revisit that for the lulz.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official "As of today, August 23,2022, you are the Kingiest of King Dipshits" list:

Jerry Reinsdorf
Rick Hahn
Tony LaRussa
Frank Menechino
Ethan Katz
Joe McEwing

And whoever handles our strength and conditioning.

Feel free to add your own.
Another episode of Sox Math:

Take the number of front office and coaching staff idiots

Multiply by the number of soft tissue injuries causing players to miss a week of games'

Subtract the number of games lost to bonehead managerial calls

= an @Jiddy Billzillion

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bright spots for next year:

Gavin Sheets - batting regularly has upped his BA to .260 - hitting RH and LH - plays right field at least average for a non-outfielder - good jump on ball - plus arm. He has really good baseball situational awareness. He has learned to defeat the shift used against him by going the opposite way. I think he is about one year behind Vaughn in development at the plate, but has
Vaughn like potential.

Jimmy Lambert - he has been very reliable out of the pen - may be in line to be a starter in the future.

Seby Zavala - At least a quality backup catcher - defensively and at the plate.

Pito - still the best all-around White Sox player of his era. He plays like a crash dummy and rarely misses a start for injury. Some reduction in power this year but compensating with increased bat control.

Dylan Cease - grown up ace pitcher - keep the Stash.

Timmay - not his best year, but skills are still very sharp - had some injuries this year, but not chronically injured.

Made of Glass:

Luis Robert
Eloy Jimenez
Grandal

These talents need to prove they can stay on the field - if not trade them.

Done with him:

Moncada - I really like how he fields the hot corner, but otherwise he's broken and can't be fixed at the plate and with his effort.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to make injury excuses because teams always have to deal with this, plus injuries have not been the sole reason for this most disappointing of seasons. But for once I'd like to see the Sox go thru a year with a minimal amount of players missing large swaths of games just to see how real this ballclub is.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to make injury excuses because teams always have to deal with this, plus injuries have not been the sole reason for this most disappointing of seasons. But for once I'd like to see the Sox go thru a year with a minimal amount of players missing large swaths of games just to see how real this ballclub is.

Injuries is one thing...but lack of multi-base hits, walks all over the place from our pitching, less than stellar defense, coaching that-at best-was not the least bit helpful. Lotta real issues with this team beyond injuries. Some fixable in the near future...Some I'm not so sure.

Our pitching just doesn't cut it.

Giolito fell off handily...Just a huge blow. Would you trust this guy in a playoff start?

Lynn...I don't even know what to say...Super disappointed. But he was injured so hoping there can be a light at the end of that tunnel next season where he rebounds. Still, after last postseason and what we've seen this season I'm not like "Oh yeah, this guy could be a stopper for us vs. the MLB's best"

Kopech I have cautious optimism, so long as he stays healthy and finds better control. But a LONG way from a reliable pitcher in the postseason.

Cease would be Cy Young if he wasn't a walk machine. F*cking insane. How the hell do we get a guy with a 2.27 ERA that leads the league in walks? What the hell kind of yin/yang bullsh*t is that? But still, regular season is not postseason. He's our best bet...but how good is that bet? The whole game changes when you go into the stretch and a man is on base in the postseason. It's not the regular season where all the fans are on their phones and/or rolling up the concourse for another hot dog...Everyone is in their seats and the atmosphere is electric. Huge pressure. I would be very wary of any of his playoff starts based on his control and the expectancy of multiple runners on situations.

I just have my doubts about this quartet taking us deep into a playoff run. But we're going to ride them over the next 2-3 seasons...so it is what it is. Same story this offseason as last...We need a stud pitcher. "Money will be spent." God my blood boils thinking about this quote. Most likely scenario is we sign another Grandal-like player to replace Grandal...That makes it boil even more.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries is one thing...but lack of multi-base hits, walks all over the place from our pitching, less than stellar defense, coaching that-at best-was not the least bit helpful. Lotta real issues with this team beyond injuries. Some fixable in the near future...Some I'm not so sure.

Our pitching just doesn't cut it.

Giolito fell off handily...Just a huge blow. Would you trust this guy in a playoff start?

Lynn...I don't even know what to say...Super disappointed. But he was injured so hoping there can be a light at the end of that tunnel next season where he rebounds. Still, after last postseason and what we've seen this season I'm not like "Oh yeah, this guy could be a stopper for us vs. the MLB's best"

Kopech I have cautious optimism, so long as he stays healthy and finds better control. But a LONG way from a reliable pitcher in the postseason.

Cease would be Cy Young if he wasn't a walk machine. F*cking insane. How the hell do we get a guy with a 2.27 ERA that leads the league in walks? What the hell kind of yin/yang bullsh*t is that? But still, regular season is not postseason. He's our best bet...but how good is that bet? The whole game changes when you go into the stretch and a man is on base in the postseason. It's not the regular season where all the fans are on their phones and/or rolling up the concourse for another hot dog...Everyone is in their seats and the atmosphere is electric. Huge pressure. I would be very wary of any of his playoff starts based on his control and the expectancy of multiple runners on situations.

I just have my doubts about this quartet taking us deep into a playoff run. But we're going to ride them over the next 2-3 seasons...so it is what it is. Same story this offseason as last...We need a stud pitcher. "Money will be spent." God my blood boils thinking about this quote. Most likely scenario is we sign another Grandal-like player to replace Grandal...That makes it boil even more.
giolito - average pitcher once he wasn't allowed stickum on his hands.
lynn - will be 36 next year. i wouldn't count on him for much. with few exceptions, overweight old guys aren't very good.
kopech - same as you. cautious optimism. afraid of him being a headcase.
cease - very optimistic
lambert and lopez could crack this rotation.

plus, hendriks is well past his prime.

if tlr is the manager next year i will not expect any big change over this year.

Last edited:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he gets better and I hope this is a prelude to his new retirement. This team needs a new start as much as any team I can remember.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the rest of the schedule, if the Sox win EVERY series from here on out, they will end up with 86 wins. I don’t see the division winner winding up with less than 85 - goes to show how the margin for error is long past gone.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox are only a game and a half out of 1st place. If Cueto, Lynn and Cease can continue quality starts and the Sox hit a few home runs this team can win the division. Then with pitching may have some chance in the playoffs.,

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox are only a game and a half out of 1st place. If Cueto, Lynn and Cease can continue quality starts and the Sox hit a few home runs this team can win the division. Then with pitching may have some chance in the playoffs.,

Mingo in 1800s England: I say old chaps, that Dr. Jekyll would never do such a thing! He's a fine man!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo in 1800s England: I say old chaps, that Dr. Jekyll would never do such a thing! He's a fine man!
LOL....hey, if I'm Mr. Cup Half Full, then Mingo is Mr. Cup Three Quarters Full! I love his 'tude!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be clear - I'm not saying the Sox are going to run away and Hyde from their rivals in the last month.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team is NOT going to change no matter how much you wish it to.
yes, it's still technically possible for them to win this division ... but only if the two teams ahead of them suck as bad as they do. i'm thinking not likely. but if they do, they'll be 2 and done once again. this powerless team, with 2 .200 hitters in important positions, questionable pitching and no bench ain't goin anywhere.