• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.1

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've noticed over the years that "convention wisdom" on baseball is rarely correct. If conventional wisdom was always correct - it would be so boring. Which brings me to my "opposite of conventional wisdom" thought. Rey Lopez will be the big gainer in the White Sox starting rotation. If for no other reason than - he is about the opposite of conventional wisdom as you can get with the 2021 White Sox.
Now THAT is the very opposite of conventional wisdom!!! :rockon:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the updated White Sox Top 30 Prospects list, altho I'm not sure it's all that different from the previous batch:

One thing's for certain. They'll have to update the list again a few months or so because our top 4 are all headed for the major roster, and in due time they will no longer qualify as prospects (I forget the number of games or length of time that's required before a player is no longer designated as a prospect). While I don't think it drastically thins out after those four, there's little doubt that overall our program lacks depth.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the most recent breakdown of what will likely be the makeup of the AL Central bullpens:

There's little doubt that at least on paper, the Sox easily have the best BP in the division, and perhaps all of baseball. Now they just gotta go out and prove it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the updated White Sox Top 30 Prospects list, altho I'm not sure it's all that different from the previous batch:

One thing's for certain. They'll have to update the list again a few months or so because our top 4 are all headed for the major roster, and in due time they will no longer qualify as prospects (I forget the number of games or length of time that's required before a player is no longer designated as a prospect). While I don't think it drastically thins out after those four, there's little doubt that overall our program lacks depth.
One of those things when you systems produces enough starters it drains the top levels of the prospect group. One wild card here is people don't know what's in the Sox system since they didn't play a minor league schedule last year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those things when you systems produces enough starters it drains the top levels of the prospect group. One wild card here is people don't know what's in the Sox system since they didn't play a minor league schedule last year.
Good point. But TBH, it's been reported for some time now that the Sox prospects overall lack depth.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. But TBH, it's been reported for some time now that the Sox prospects overall lack depth.
The Sox best prospects will be in "A" ball this season - if they breakout - they will move up.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox best prospects will be in "A" ball this season - if they breakout - they will move up.
Hey, you might have a better take on our lower end prospects, so if you are correct, that's fantastic! I haven't read anything much on these players, but this doesn't mean squat. So I'll root for your take.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB will be trying out some rule changes in the minor leagues this season.

1) Enlarged bases - current MLB base is 15" by 15" - the new bases will be 18" by 18" and slightly lower. This will cut 6 inches off base stealing - so it supposed to liven up the game. Lowering the base slightly is a safety measure.

2) Outlawing infield shifts - No infield shift can occur where an infielder plants his feet in the outfield grass. (personally - I think hitters should just learn to beat the shift by hitting to the opposite field).

3) No more than two attempts for pickoff's at 1st base between throws to the batter, or a balk is called. This is supposed to speed up the game. The 3rd attempt is okay - if you put the runner out, but if not - it is a balk.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB will be trying out some rule changes in the minor leagues this season.

1) Enlarged bases - current MLB base is 15" by 15" - the new bases will be 18" by 18" and slightly lower. This will cut 6 inches off base stealing - so it supposed to liven up the game. Lowering the base slightly is a safety measure.

2) Outlawing infield shifts - No infield shift can occur where an infielder plants his feet in the outfield grass. (personally - I think hitters should just learn to beat the shift by hitting to the opposite field).

3) No more than two attempts for pickoff's at 1st base between throws to the batter, or a balk is called. This is supposed to speed up the game. The 3rd attempt is okay - if you put the runner out, but if not - it is a balk.

re: #3

What if you attempt a 3rd, and the runner goes, and gets to second safely...Do they advance to third? How about wild throw on #3? Third? One for balk and one for passed ball?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much time during a average game will that save? 15 seconds? 10? 5? ...... i'm guessing under 5. brilliant!
or maybe that's not their concern. maybe they want to give more of an advantage to the runner? yeah, maybe they think the game needs more stolen bases.
what i think is stupid is somebody's idea of how to make the game more exciting. so yeah ... let's fuck with the rules until we feel we have the right balance of interest! the game itself is no good. we've got to make it better!

STUPIDITY RULES!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ just start the season already or iddy's not gonna make it...

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, it tickles my pickle that I get spring training score updates on my phone. God bless technology.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or maybe that's not their concern. maybe they want to give more of an advantage to the runner? yeah, maybe they think the game needs more stolen bases.
what i think is stupid is somebody's idea of how to make the game more exciting. so yeah ... let's fuck with the rules until we feel we have the right balance of interest! the game itself is no good. we've got to make it better!

STUPIDITY RULES!
While I respect the idea of trying to shorten the game, limiting the # of pickoff moves is not a good one. I do like the 20 second time clock tho, in fact, I'd even have it shortened to 15 seconds. When I attended last year's ST game, that was in force. For whatever number of reasons, the powers that be chose not to implement it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coop's not happy with the way the Sox handled him:

TBH, as much of a fan of Coop that I've been over the years, it does seem like the game passed him. Maybe not the game itself, but working it exclusively as a White Sox pitching coach. I think he became a bit too hunkered down when it came to spotting the flaws and helping to improve his charges. He needs a fresh start with a new ballclub so that he can start from scratch with the team's pitching staff.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coop's not happy with the way the Sox handled him:

TBH, as much of a fan of Coop that I've been over the years, it does seem like the game passed him. Maybe not the game itself, but working it exclusively as a White Sox pitching coach. I think he became a bit too hunkered down when it came to spotting the flaws and helping to improve his charges. He needs a fresh start with a new ballclub so that he can start from scratch with the team's pitching staff.

Wow...That turned from an interesting "Well here comes another Reinsdorf guy that cries on the way out and will probably backtrack in a few years" article....to a stealth puff piece for Reynaldo Lopez.

*sighs*

This team and it's media approach to cover up for not making obvious, yet expensive, moves is annoying. Yeah, Reynaldo Lopez was coached out of his curveball and now his shortened arm swing will prime him to be the next Giolito. *rolls eyes*

Maybe our 2021 slogan should be: "Good Guys sell Magic Beans. "

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...That turned from an interesting "Well here comes another Reinsdorf guy that cries on the way out and will probably backtrack in a few years" article....to a stealth puff piece for Reynaldo Lopez.

*sighs*

This team and it's media approach to cover up for not making obvious, yet expensive, moves is annoying. Yeah, Reynaldo Lopez was coached out of his curveball and now his shortened arm swing will prime him to be the next Giolito. *rolls eyes*

Maybe our 2021 slogan should be: "Good Guys sell Magic Beans. "
ReyLo sure didn't look like the next Giolito with his 3 inning performance yesterday.