• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My eldest son just finished his 1st season of tee-ball last month... And I can confirm, what you see in that video is pretty damn accurate... A bunch of 4-5yr olds running around while the coaches herd them like cats. Maybe not quite as bad as that video, but there are always at least 3-4 kids out of the bunch that simply do not take coaching very well and are chasing butterflies en sech

lonesome GIF
That is why we have two levels at my association, instruction(herding always) and majors (still some herding in the outfield lol).

MY son made the all star team the past two seasons. We finished second in our district, likely to the team that will win state, in early June.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why we have two levels at my association, instruction(herding always) and majors (still some herding in the outfield lol).

MY son made the all star team the past two seasons. We finished second in our district, likely to the team that will win state, in early June.
That's awesome. Keep kickin ass & good luck! All-stars tournaments are some of my fondest childhood memories. Much to my wife's disdain I still have my state championship & mvp trophies on display lol.

I would be ecstatic if my son continued baseball at his current pace. I started playing it with him at just 2 yrs old and he is so far ahead of the curve right now. If he sticks with it then I'd love to get him into yba training.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

also worth noting - the 2017 RB draft class is most likely the best RB draft class that we've ever seen - Ekeler, Fournette, Conner

and if I had to put my chips on one of the players, I think Derrick Henry will strongly outproduce the other Derrick Henry on that list this season

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of Ekeler, its all about Isaiah Spiller, right? Guy was a top college RB who just totally bombed his combine and the tape kinda looks...eh...but he does everything. Id imagine as long as Spiller doesnt boom and Ekeler doesnt get hurt then I think he is pretty safe

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of Ekeler, its all about Isaiah Spiller, right? Guy was a top college RB who just totally bombed his combine and the tape kinda looks...eh...but he does everything. Id imagine as long as Spiller doesnt boom and Ekeler doesnt get hurt then I think he is pretty safe
I hope for my Dynasty team's sake that the Spiller takeover comes swiftly...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope for my Dynasty team's sake that the Spiller takeover comes swiftly...

Aren't people still waiting on the Josh Kelly takeover?
He's going to be the thunder to Ekeler's lightning!:pound:

Ekeler is being paid and producing, that's not typically a recipe in the NFL for scaling back his touches to get a 4th round draft pick in the game. Way too many teams that had a need at RB passed on Spiller, I'd like to think they are more right than anyone posting on these boards.

can't wait for football so we can find out!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let me think about it...

-Derrick Henry
-Austin Ekeler
-Leonard Fournette
-James Conner

...off the top of my head, without consulting any statistics, i would say that since getting the starting gig, Henry has been lights out and has the best chance to repeat.
Ekeler has a decent chance too given the offense and scheme he plays in.
Fournette has a possibility, but he has not been a consistent back.
As for Connor's chance: i dont trust him. Would not surprise me if he ended up on IR.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all to see all of them outside the top 6.
I expect Henry to have more and more health issues
Same with Conner- he may even have some final destination level injury awaiting him seeing as he miraculously avoided injury last year
I do buy Spiller stealing a handful of scores from Ekeler, which might be all that is needed to bump him from the top 6
And while I don't see anything specific standing in Fournette's way, I don't buy him getting top 6 type points

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let me think about it...

-Derrick Henry
-Austin Ekeler
-Leonard Fournette
-James Conner

...off the top of my head, without consulting any statistics, i would say that since getting the starting gig, Henry has been lights out and has the best chance to repeat.
Ekeler has a decent chance too given the offense and scheme he plays in.
Fournette has a possibility, but he has not been a consistent back.
As for Connor's chance: i dont trust him. Would not surprise me if he ended up on IR.
About time for your annual who's in/who's out top ten game eh?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time for your annual who's in/who's out top ten game eh?
That's a week before the season kicks off (cause it has the current rankings).

Should be an interesting year. EE is up there in age too. Pretty sure he finished 7th last year and thats with an injury.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a week before the season kicks off (cause it has the current rankings).

Should be an interesting year. EE is up there in age too. Pretty sure he finished 7th last year and thats with an injury.
Yea its crazy..
Everyone down on Zeke, understandably so, as it was a bad year for him..still comfortably top ten, within 2 points of top 5 in full ppr.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea its crazy..
Everyone down on Zeke, understandably so, as it was a bad year for him..still comfortably top ten, within 2 points of top 5 in full ppr.
He never takes off, even when he's hurt. Something to be said about that consistency with the workload he's received

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we're not counting Ingram's 2017 season? So it's really only been four seasons, 2018-2021. Seems like a coincidental stat. Only Henry last year and LeVeon in 2019 were 27+ and top-6 ADP draftees those years, anyway. (And Henry was an absolute beast when he played.)

Nobody's drafting Fournette or Conner top-6 anyway.